Resident Evil Reboot wishlist

#51Crimson_RexPosted 12/29/2013 9:27:35 AM
No reboot.
---
"I hate you. I'LL KILL YOU!" - Carla Radames
The Freelancer: I worship Frank West
#52Spade59Posted 12/29/2013 2:18:08 PM
Not that I believe a reboot could salvage the series at this point, but if I had to pick:

New characters, new locations and a completely new plot. The biohazard theme stays.

Emphasis on horror instead of action.

Third person perspective, though I wouldn't care if it was an over the shoulder or panned out camera.

Puzzles, ammo conservation, exploration and other cerebral gameplay.

Preferably, I'd like RE to actually require a thought process again.
#53SCBSmithPosted 12/29/2013 5:18:24 PM
I created an account just to tell Goldsickle something: you are the biggest loser on the internet. And Edward18-- stop feeding the troll.
#54edward18Posted 12/29/2013 5:42:09 PM(edited)
He's more than just some troll. But hey, I've been trying to keep off of that crap here. Sorry.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#55GoldsicklePosted 12/30/2013 1:46:37 AM
edward18 posted...
...where the **** did you hear that?...

F***ing common sense.

Works both ways.

"Both ways"?
You're the one getting moderated left and right.
You couldn't get the dA mods to do anything to get back at me.

It's a one-sided curb-stomp with you on the receiving end.

You can't do anything to physically hurt me. I'm not afraid of you at all. You're just words on a screen.

Ha ha ha ha ha.

Really Ed, who do you think you're fooling?

You're always ranting about me, whether it's here, some other forum, your deviantART or even your Youtube.
You can't get enough of me so much that you supposedly created a character based on me as a way to 'get back' at me.
Wow, seeing me in your works just shows how much I've etched myself into your skull.

And it goes beyond that, you've even made death treats at me (telling me in detail about what you'd do if you ever met me in person) and even admitted fantasizing about torturing me in your basement.
Makes me wonder what else you never told me.

Everything you do only shows how much I've gotten under your skin.

You're not every single person on the planet.

And you are?
Fact is some get over it, some don't.
But the ones don't had better get over it sooner or later, because it's only gonna make themselves more miserable.

Not that I care if you increase your misery.

...so you flat-out admit in this sentence that things are not fair towards me...

You got what you deserved. Seems fair enough.
---
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)
#56Syn_VengeancePosted 12/30/2013 1:58:54 AM
Gold just stop it already.

You ruin almost every topic on here.

You pick fights with edward and then banter like a teenage girl who has her period.

Everyone is pretty much tired of your crap.

Nobody cares about you getting eds deviant art stuff taken down. Nobody thinks your cool for doing it for thay matter.

You come off as a loser, a child and a cry baby all at the same time.

Grow up, go outside and breathe some fresh air and stop this already, its getting really old dude.
---
Playing Resident Evil 6, Need for Speed Rivals, Battlefield 4, Splinter Cell Blacklist
#57GoldsicklePosted 12/30/2013 2:09:18 AM
Syn_Vengeance posted...
You pick fights with edward

It's the other way around, really.

He just denies and disagrees for the sake of denying and disagreeing.
Even if he ends up contradicting what he last said, he will pop up and disagree with whatever I posted.

I always avoid responding to him because I know it's just gonna be another ooze of stupidity from him and big, ugly posts where he feels the need to reply every single line of my own post.
But he always makes it a point to post after me or keep talking with me to let me know that he disagrees for the sake of disagreeing with me, like he has some sort of grudge (which is most probably the case).

Your advice is addressed to the wrong person.
---
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)
#58parkourboybryanPosted 12/30/2013 7:19:08 AM
so_real posted...
- Better soundtracks
- More interesting and immersive environments
- Significantly less linear environments
- Return of RE4 style inventory management
- Fresh and believable/relatable character(s)
- No over the top action sequences
- Designated save points with the option for harder difficulties including limited saves, more difficult enemies and scarce ammunition.
- bring back basic weapon upgrading found in RE2 and 3, ammo creation, and quick choice events.
- OTS perspective is here to stay, but that's no excuse to be lazy. Bring back the cinematic quality of fixed camera into the gameplay. If the only appealing thing on my screen most of the time is Helena's ass then there is a problem.

In an attempt to stay on topic, I'd like to respond to/change a couple of these.

-I don't mind the recent soundtracks, I even think Revelations is in top 3 for the whole series behind Outbreak and RE2. I just think it was the heavily altered gameplay that made me lose focus on the music, hard to focus when you're constantly blasting away monsters accompanied by deafening explosions. Example, the most memorable in game songs to me are the one at the beginning of Leon and Helena's game and when you're espionaging around the ships as Ada.
-I agree on the whole less linear environments. Even if they're traversed in a somewhat linear fashion, they're still maze like to an extent with you having to figure out where to go.
-I wouldn't mind the RE4 inventory returning, although I'm partial to the Revelations style. Anything is better that RE6's to me with the clunky system and no weapon storage/upgrading at all. It was a massive step back from the other games.
-This. Even in the earlier games, despite them being clearly above average citizens, they weren't all crazy super soldiers that can break the laws of physics and come out unscathed from everything that happens to them.
-Even more this. I don't mind an action sequence every once in a while, but don't make it 90% of the game like in RE4/5/6. I hate QTEs, and wish that Capcom would realize that a high octane Michael Bay game with zombies isn't scary and doesn't equal survival horror. They need to slow the pace down.
-I like this too, but combine it with a checkpoint system at certain areas. This is a perfect opportunity to bring back the save rooms and soothing music that accompanied them. Plus, you can challenge the better players with limited saves. Besides, I was constantly getting screwed by Autosave in the more recent RE's. If I wanted to redo something, I most often couldn't, because the game decides to save every 2 minutes.
-This as well. Minor upgrades are fine, but if you've got a handgun that can defeat zombies in one shot because you injected it with steroids, that's not fun. I want them to bring the weapon parts back so only certain weapons can be upgraded to make them only slightly more applicable.
-I propose they do a camera system similar to Outbreak/CVX, but when you aim, it then switches to an OTS style of aiming. This is similar to RE3.5. Best way to combine old and new.

Continued in next post.
---
Anxiously awaiting the next Mirror's Edge.
Check out my entertainment blog: http://aicguild.blogspot.com
#59parkourboybryanPosted 12/30/2013 7:43:55 AM
Continued from previous post.

-No more hand holding with the map or HUD: I don't like having a big flashing beacon on my screen telling me exactly where to go at all times. It takes out the exploration and dumbs down the game when you don't have to find your way out of the environment you're lost in. Just give me a subtle hint where to go in a file or drawing on a wall and I'll handle it from there, don't state "Head to the storeroom" and put a big marker on my map outlining it.
-More puzzles: there's been a huge lack of them in the recent games, and I want to be challenged intellectually again in RE. The last game I felt like that in were the Outbreaks, conveniently the last two games before IMO the series started it's downhill slope. I don't care if they're convoluted or if the don't fit in the context of the environment, the worked, and I want them back.
-Cut down the Bruce Lee BS: Let's be honest. These are zombies, all the protagonists know what they are and how they reproduce. Why the hell would you want to get up close to have a fist fight with it when one scratch from it would infect you? It doesn't make sense, and it definitely doesn't make sense that people are going to try to have a CQB fight with an enemy with a chainsaw for a hand. I don't care if this is the world of Video Games or if the Melee system is fine to some players, it totally goes against what a trained military operative would be doing. CQB should always be the last resort in any fight, like the knife in most of the early games. But this is subjective, and a lot of the new wave of RE fans like it, so it probably won't be removed.
-Less ammunition: I liked having low resources and having to scour the environment at every turn for those precious extra bullets, not have them dropped by every other enemy or out of conveniently placed Barrels or Vases. Who the hell keeps a grenade in a barrel under the city streets? Or why the hell do I pick up shotgun shells from a crazy villager using a sickle? Those make even far less sense than finding them in an environment. Plus, all the ammo drops overloaded the player with ammunition and made it easy to kill everything in the game, eliminating the "Fight or Flight" tactic prevalent in almost every horror game.

These are IMO what needs to happen to the next RE to keep the series alive. If it doesn't, I'm sure it'll die out, and just be a faded memory of what was once a great horror game.

Note: The preceding statements have been my opinion and my opinion only, and may or may not reflect the opinions of other users on this board. Most of you will see this and are logical enough to comprehend it. This is stated toward an unnamed user who has seemingly lacked the ability to understand that everyone has their own opinion no more valid than anyone else's, but will then cover their ears shouting "NO NO IM RIGHT AND THERES NO WAY I CAN BE WRONG!!!" while spouting their opinion off like it's the only correct one. I implore you said user, learn to debate properly instead of attacking others credibility as a way to substitute your inability to listen to reason.
---
Anxiously awaiting the next Mirror's Edge.
Check out my entertainment blog: http://aicguild.blogspot.com
#60IlDankoPosted 12/30/2013 10:02:33 AM
Goldsickle posted...
Syn_Vengeance posted...
You pick fights with edward

It's the other way around, really.

He just denies and disagrees for the sake of denying and disagreeing.
Even if he ends up contradicting what he last said, he will pop up and disagree with whatever I posted.

I always avoid responding to him because I know it's just gonna be another ooze of stupidity from him and big, ugly posts where he feels the need to reply every single line of my own post.
But he always makes it a point to post after me or keep talking with me to let me know that he disagrees for the sake of disagreeing with me, like he has some sort of grudge (which is most probably the case).

Your advice is addressed to the wrong person.

Actually, the advice works perfectly for the both of you...

For him, because of that urge he has of responding every single comment you make.

And for you, for making an stupid debate in the internet into something personal between both of you.

I mean, how difficult could it be to each of you to ignore the other?
---
Just when you think you've left me blind, I will keep you in the corner of my eye.
PSN: Dan21993