where to stand so that elbow counter 1 hit kill grabber zombies?

#1BankstAffluenzaPosted 12/26/2013 10:47:24 PM
for helena, piers, and agent on mining the depth, where should they stand when they counter regular grabber zombies?

I tried right in front of them, and right beside them, but neither worked really. I had higher chance of doing 2 hand weapon counter kills because I just need to stand at the tip range to sweet spot that counter.
---
ran out of letters for the user name, so pissed.
#2sbn4Posted 12/27/2013 3:09:23 AM
You should probably either use power counter or put 1-2 bullets into an enemy before countering those zombies. I think those characters are too inconsistent otherwise. I think Chris is the only consistent character who will get counter kills without power counter. Leon, Ada/Carla, and Sherry are more likely to get the kills without them either.

But the ones you use need the aforementioned methods. I think the placement is too tricky and risky. Zombies in MtD attack in much more rapid succession than most other zombie stages, so you won't always have the chance to set yourself up.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#3BankstAffluenza(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2013 4:44:09 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4BankstAffluenza(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2013 4:46:19 AM
I don't think power counter really matters in this stage. it has to be a head hit for the counter to work, otherwise it won't kill in one hit either way, so placement has to be right
---
#5GoldsicklePosted 12/27/2013 7:37:35 AM
Do melees hit anywhere besides the head?

Because I remember seeing a slow motion video of Ada's leg sweep melee counter and even though it's a "leg sweep", the damaged zombie still loses its head.

Due to that, I assume that melees automatically damage the head.

I believe that heads don't smash during a counter because it wasn't damaging enough, depending on the skills you have equipped.
In another video, I remember one player who shoots a few times into the zombie before initiating a counter attack to guarantee death from counters.
---
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)
#6sbn4Posted 12/27/2013 9:58:11 AM
I don't think power counter really matters in this stage. it has to be a head hit for the counter to work, otherwise it won't kill in one hit either way, so placement has to be right

As I said, it's just too inconsistent and spacing yourself seems too tricky and time consuming. And as Gold mentioned, leg sweep looks like it hits low, but still one hit kills most zombies on that stage.

I've seen people with 1.4 million on that stage on duo while using power counter if it makes a difference. I think the only other perks using besides PC is limit breaker and time bonus.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#7icantseePosted 12/27/2013 5:02:12 PM
Goldsickle posted...
Do melees hit anywhere besides the head?

If the zombie is an overhand grabber, it's possible to totally miss a counter because your character was standing too close. In that case, the zombie will lunge too far and you'll end up hitting nothing. I've had this happen when playing as Leon. I don't think Carla/Ada has this problem because of the range of her kick counter.

BankstAffluenza posted...
I tried right in front of them, and right beside them, but neither worked really. I had higher chance of doing 2 hand weapon counter kills because I just need to stand at the tip range to sweet spot that counter.

As far as Helena, etc., it seems for the overhead grabbers on MtD you have to stand in front of the zombie at the farthest distance possible for a counter prompt in order to make sure your shoulder hits the head, just like you tried for two-hand weapon kills. But as mentioned, this is almost impossible even when it's at the early non-crazy part of the run. It may be that Chris is so muscular that his broad shoulders will always hit the head no matter where he stands.
---
RE5, 3DS, RE6 Mercs fan
#8BankstAffluenza(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2013 6:14:51 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9BankstAffluenza(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2013 5:08:07 PM
the far distance sweetspot does work, I got 1.40 on with helena ex using limit breaker just now.
but there's another sweetspot that works at closer range. helena has to move to the left of the enemy for the elbow to hit the head, but the distance is much harder to adjust in the other one.
---
#10icantseePosted 12/28/2013 9:16:53 PM
^^^

I didn't know about standing on the left. I'll give it a try.
---
RE5, 3DS, RE6 Mercs fan