Does it bother you that most of the characters in the game have cheesy dialogue?

#1FearOfTheLightPosted 12/27/2013 9:48:43 AM
I've recently given Dead Space 3 a go and from what I've seen, Visceral drastically changed the gameplay....yet kept the plot interesting with its characters having much grounded personalities.

In a sense, the protagonist Clarke has a very 'tragic hero' theme going on. The best character I seem to connect him with here is Chris (given how tortured the captain has become since RE5).

Jacob A. Danik, the antagonist...had a a much interesting take as a fanatic villain that tries time and again to rid Clarke to complete his plans. His dialogue, coupled with his given bio really seem to flesh him out as a better antagonist than Simmons.

Given the differences of the franchises and how's the characters have been built up...do you think the Characters in this instalment of Resident Evil seem much more cheesier/Cornier when it comes to their dialogue and interactions?
---
---
"When I'm walking a dark road, I am a man who walks alone" - Iron Maiden
#2sbn4Posted 12/27/2013 10:08:34 AM
What's with the sudden love for DS3 here all of a sudden. I felt it was the worst in the series honestly. Literally the only good thing about it was Isaac and he's not all that well developed. Plus, I found a lot of the characters in DS3 to be either filler or annoying. Why the hell are Isaac and Robert feuding with each other over a petty love interest when all of humanity rests on their shoulders? It felt kind of silly. And while Carver had a pretty banal backstory, whatever development he could have had was squandered completely as you NEED someone to play with to experience it. Danik was also a dime a dozen fanatical douche. The plot itself was a little convoluted and difficult to follow. I'm not trying to be argumentative. I just found DS3 very disappointing overall after how good DS2 was.

I also feel that cheesy dialogue is a staple to the RE series. I mean, there are so many nods to it in many games and I feel it is done intentionally. But I think there is serious dialogue to be had. Most of RE5 was pretty serious and the dialogue was well done. RE6 for the most part had excellent voice acting (as long as it wasn't Jake). Dialogue was also pretty well done in many scenes. As you mentioned, Chris' campaign had several strong scenes.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#3Syn_VengeancePosted 12/27/2013 12:56:32 PM
Not really since cheesy dialogue has been a staple of the series since part 1. Its the voice actors themselves that bother me.

I havent liked leons VA since RE2, the guys who did his voice in 4 and 6 are both dull to me.

Adas VA after RE4 have all also been terrible and her character was written poorly in 6.

Clairee voice actor I really like due to nostalgia of her voicing jubalee in the old Xmen cartoon.

Roger Craig smith is the best VA RE has and the best thing to happen to Chris. It also seems to me that Chris is the only character that capcom still takes seriously. His dialogue and character development is the best in the series right now.

I feel troy baker got shafted having to play a lousy character like jake.

Also think Keith Richardson (Hunk in RE4, mercs 3d, umbrella and darkside chronicles, ORC, Revelations) is really good as well.
---
Playing Resident Evil 6, Need for Speed Rivals, Battlefield 4, Splinter Cell Blacklist
#4GoldsicklePosted 12/27/2013 6:43:55 PM
Syn_Vengeance posted...
Not really since cheesy dialogue has been a staple of the series since part 1.

"We got to the root of the problem!"
---
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)
#5Sephivengeance9Posted 12/28/2013 9:27:46 AM
Goldsickle posted...
Syn_Vengeance posted...

"I have this!"
---
My Agent Hunt vids.
http://tinyurl.com/caoo5f3
#6DragonKnight387Posted 12/28/2013 2:12:18 PM
Sephivengeance9 posted...
Goldsickle posted...
Syn_Vengeance posted...

"I have this!"

You were almost a Jill Sandwich.
---
3DS:1075-0914-2884
The Last Story: 2108-6326-5464.
#7Syn_VengeancePosted 12/28/2013 2:21:57 PM
DragonKnight387 posted...
Sephivengeance9 posted...
Goldsickle posted...
Syn_Vengeance posted...

"I have this!"

You were almost a Jill Sandwich.

Jill! Take a look at this! Its Forest! HOO MAH GAWD!
---
Playing Resident Evil 6, Need for Speed Rivals, Battlefield 4, Splinter Cell Blacklist
#8sbn4Posted 12/28/2013 2:48:29 PM
*Chris clearly sees Rebecca*

"Is that you Rebecca?"
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#9scorpion41Posted 12/28/2013 4:07:36 PM
Jill(finding Wesker in the guardhouse): Wesker! Where have you bean?
---
PSN: scorpion_4160
NCAA 14: Mizzou and Buffalo dynasties underway...
#10riddlebox89Posted 12/28/2013 5:43:37 PM
sbn4 posted...
*Chris clearly sees Rebecca*

"Is that you Rebecca?"

Not to mention how she says "It's ME Chris!" before he suffers from a stupidity attack.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.