remember chris end of ch2 cutscene? spoilers

#1BankstAffluenzaPosted 12/27/2013 1:33:24 PM
when carla led chris's team into a room and locked them in, the moment the gates came down, EVERYONE was pointing their guns at Carla. remember that these guys were all trained soldiers; the moment she made any gesture that resembles a threat, she should have been shot, and yet she was able to throw that needle ball and get away with it.

hell, she should have been shot the moment she locked them in and then showed her face to them. the main antagonist of this game was much more vulnerable than previous ones until she got her upgrade. I am surprised she exposed herself so much in that section.
---
ran out of letters for the user name, so pissed.
#2Syn_VengeancePosted 12/27/2013 1:53:45 PM
BankstAffluenza posted...
when carla led chris's team into a room and locked them in, the moment the gates came down, EVERYONE was pointing their guns at Carla. remember that these guys were all trained soldiers; the moment she made any gesture that resembles a threat, she should have been shot, and yet she was able to throw that needle ball and get away with it.

hell, she should have been shot the moment she locked them in and then showed her face to them. the main antagonist of this game was much more vulnerable than previous ones until she got her upgrade. I am surprised she exposed herself so much in that section.

Trained soldiers are also told not to fire unless fired upon. In later chapters BSAA HQ even says they need her alive and not to kill her.

They had no idea she was gonna toss the needle bomb and by the time she did it was too late. At that point she wasnt a priority to Chris, that was trying to get his men out since he didnt know at first they were gonna transform. Not to mention they were probably in a panic when the gates closed.

Also what do you mean show her face? its not like she was wearing a mask, thats what she actually looked like at that point.

If you wanna be technical Leon and Helena should have been infected and died when Lepo let the gas out in the cathedral or the airplane.

Helena should have been locked up at the end for letting the president die even if simmons was pulling the strings. Him having her sister is no excuse for helping kill the president and thousands of people. In the real world there would have been a trial and she still would have most likely gone to jail.

I dont understand why people have to pick at such trivial things, just enjoy the game..m
---
Playing Resident Evil 6, Need for Speed Rivals, Battlefield 4, Splinter Cell Blacklist
#3BankstAffluenza(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2013 2:50:12 PM
when I said "showed her face", I meant that her flesh was exposed through the opening of the fence right before she threw the needle bomb. when you lock people up, you wouldn't want to be physically near them when they still had guns in their hands. the tension they experience could easily make them panic. any one could have shot her through the fence at that point.
---
#4Syn_VengeancePosted 12/27/2013 4:02:53 PM
when I said "showed her face", I meant that her flesh was exposed through the opening of the fence right before she threw the needle bomb. when you lock people up, you wouldn't want to be physically near them when they still had guns in their hands. the tension they experience could easily make them panic. any one could have shot her through the fence at that point.

Well when the bars came down she wasnt in view yet. I think they were all confused when she reappeared after they were locked in. Could explain why no shots were fired.

Then she throws the needle bomb and walks off before it even explodes. At that point she used the panic to escape, especially with Chris making his men his priority.

So many factors could come into play its mind boggling.
---
Playing Resident Evil 6, Need for Speed Rivals, Battlefield 4, Splinter Cell Blacklist
#5icantseePosted 12/27/2013 4:15:00 PM
Yeah .... but if they did shoot, then Carla would have turned into giant blob Carla. So it's not like they would have been better off.

Also, I did wonder how Piers singlehandedly managed to save an unconscious Chris from all those Napads that alpha(?) squad turned into. But after having played a Napad in Agent Hunt, it's probably not that hard to stroll around them.
---
RE5, 3DS, RE6 Mercs fan
#6BankstAffluenza(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2013 5:13:05 PM
icantsee posted...
Yeah .... but if they did shoot, then Carla would have turned into giant blob Carla. So it's not like they would have been better off.

actually, even though carla is a c-virus product, she actually becomes a carbon copy of ada so she doesn't have the slime thing yet. if you checked her boss fight scene again, she actually injected herself with the new strain of virus she developed after she got sniped.

Also, I did wonder how Piers singlehandedly managed to save an unconscious Chris from all those Napads that alpha(?) squad turned into. But after having played a Napad in Agent Hunt, it's probably not that hard to stroll around them.

yeah that was amazing. there were like at least 3 napads at the time, and piers was only using machine pistol.

he could totally beat them if he was using his rifle though. they were all lined up in a small corridor, a single shot of material rifle will penetrate through all their armors in 1 hit, then he just need to do fast weapon switch rapid fire and they are toast.
---
#7siberian142Posted 12/27/2013 5:24:54 PM
Shooting her would be working on the assumption that she was the one who let the bars down. She wasn't a threat before, killing or seriously wounding her because she presumably wandered off would be overkill. Throwing the needle bomb took only a few seconds, everyone was likely too panicked and concerned about what she just threw to react properly (you don't want to hit your own men either).

And she wouldn't have turned into blob Carla. That mutation only occurred because she used the enhanced C-virus on herself, obtained after Edonia.
#8icantseePosted 12/27/2013 6:45:34 PM
icantsee posted...

yeah that was amazing. there were like at least 3 napads at the time, and piers was only using machine pistol.

he could totally beat them if he was using his rifle though. they were all lined up in a small corridor, a single shot of material rifle will penetrate through all their armors in 1 hit, then he just need to do fast weapon switch rapid fire and they are toast.

That would have made a nice side story for a Gold Edition, like Assigment Ada in RE4 or Desperate Escape / Lost in Nightmares from RE5 ..... playing as Piers .... having to carry an unconscious Chris ....... battling the Napads ..... sneaking with Chris' body past Javo sentries .... making it to a some command center to radio for help ...... battling a siege until help arrived.
---
RE5, 3DS, RE6 Mercs fan
#9SSJ_JinPosted 12/27/2013 10:38:12 PM
Well I don't remember much of the scene, but Piers is a clown anyway. Spoilers for later in the game...

When he's aiming at Carla while Chris and Leon fight, the clown lets her throw a grenade and he doesn't do anything about it. Or how about when Jake shot at Chris' face? How did Piers NOT shoot Jake after this?

Clown Piers is a clown. Damn right he did what he did at the end of the game for Chris. About time.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#10sbn4Posted 12/28/2013 12:17:48 AM
Simple answer is the game right then and there if Chris' men shot Carla. And honestly, as others mentioned, they were probably confused. Its one of those "it happened so fast moments" I bet. The projectile Carla throws wasn't really visible until it was too late, and they had no idea what was in store for them.

And maybe Piers didn't shoot Jake because he's the only one who could save the world?
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."