i enjoyed the game O.o

#1Stradivarius16Posted 1/1/2014 11:33:02 PM
This is my first RE game and I quite enjoyed it. Is there something wrong with me? Or for long time fans do you guys mind giving a few reasons why this game suk'd for you?
#2edward18Posted 1/1/2014 11:38:22 PM
Because the story is convoluted as hell, they made a son of Wesker for no reason, they continue pulling the Ada crap, don't take the opportunity to reveal more about The Organization even though one of the focus points of the game is Ada, they hardly make any use of Sherry after fans had been wanting her back since 2, it makes next-to-no sense storywise, and because it doesn't play like the classics.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#3Stradivarius16(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2014 11:43:38 PM
Ohh. I guess it takes one to know one. I probably should've played the classics before this one I...
#4edward18Posted 1/2/2014 12:00:04 AM
You're free to like whatever. I'm just saying why I don't like this (or anything 4-onwards).
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
#5slapper1Posted 1/2/2014 12:25:39 AM(edited)
IMO, the reason RE6 got so much hate is due to the insanely convoluted storyline which places players in the middle of the action with little to no set-up between campaigns and fails to deliver on the major plot points of the game in a satisfying way (the games events are basically caused by a broken love triangle between Ada, Simmons and Carla and it's f***ing stupid) as well as it's immense focus on over the top action set pieces (lots of explosions here lol) which totally detract from the already ridiculous storyline (2 helicopter boss fights, really Capcom?). In short, this game was a total mess which excited me at first (zombies were brought back so that was at least something and Capcom originally stated that the game would have a more survival horror focus for Leon's campaign which as pretty much bs) but it's blatant flaws quickly removed my enjoyment as time went on. Also, Jake sucks and shouldn't even exist, Helena was uninteresting, and poor Sherry got back seated for pretty much no reason after fans waited over a decade to see her again. Ugh.

At least Mercs is fun so that's something I guess.
---
Christmas sucks, end of story.
Currently OP8 on Borderlands 2.
#6gmoshierPosted 1/2/2014 12:30:53 AM
edward18 posted...
You're free to like whatever. I'm just saying why I don't like this (or anything 4-onwards).

So then why do you hang out on this board so much if you dislike anything RE 4 onwards? I also find it perplexing that you say you dislike this game and yet you have never played RE 6. I personally despised Saints Row 4 and Dark Souls and I don't hang out on those boards.
---
DA Pawn Natasha - Level 200 Sorcerer - Challenger/Scather/Utilitarian
http://psntl.com/user/view/gmoshier
#7sbn4Posted 1/2/2014 1:23:30 AM
^ Why do you hate Saints Row 4?

And the game is not as bad as most make it out to be. It has many issues, but many will have you believe its one of the worst games ever when it isn't. The gameplay is actually solid which shines in Mercenaries and Onslaught. Its just that the campaigns themselves don't lend themselves to the gameplay well because it is so linear and not properly designed.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#8edward18Posted 1/2/2014 8:01:51 AM
I hang around these boards to interact with the community, because it's the most active RE board, and stay as up-to-date as possible on the series.
---
#9good_tobiPosted 1/2/2014 4:31:48 PM
Stradivarius16 posted...
This is my first RE game and I quite enjoyed it. Is there something wrong with me?

Nope, there isn't anything wrong with you, infact its US, the old RE fans. Even Capcom blames us. Just enjoy the game.
---
Don't need sharingan to see this.
#10ArchiantagonistPosted 1/2/2014 5:23:31 PM
good_tobi posted...
Stradivarius16 posted...
This is my first RE game and I quite enjoyed it. Is there something wrong with me?

Nope, there isn't anything wrong with you, infact its US, the old RE fans. Even Capcom blames us. Just enjoy the game.

One of the best posts I've ever seen at this board
---
--------------------x_0--------------------