I hated everything about 5, is there any chance I'll enjoy this game?

#1BloodychessPosted 1/4/2014 4:44:02 PM
Topic
---
"Lmao Steam is such a joke. You're getting ripped off if you pay for digital copies on a computer."
-Beatperson14
#2edward18Posted 1/4/2014 4:45:16 PM
No idea. I can never understand why people like 4 and not 5 nor have I played 6.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#3Bloodychess(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2014 4:48:28 PM
edward18 posted...
No idea. I can never understand why people like 4 and not 5 nor have I played 6.

The two have vastly different presentations. While still a kill-a-thon, 4 at least tries to maintain an unsettling atmosphere. 5 just say f*** all to everything and goes apes*** with the theatrics.
---
"Lmao Steam is such a joke. You're getting ripped off if you pay for digital copies on a computer."
-Beatperson14
#4Syn_VengeancePosted 1/4/2014 4:48:47 PM
Bloodychess posted...
Topic

Most likely no as in my opinion 5 is a better game then 6 besides controls.
---
Playing Resident Evil 6, Need for Speed Rivals, Battlefield 4, Splinter Cell Blacklist
#5edward18Posted 1/4/2014 4:55:27 PM

The two have vastly different presentations. While still a kill-a-thon, 4 at least tries to maintain an unsettling atmosphere.

...it's just as unscary as 5...

5 just say f*** all to everything and goes apes*** with the theatrics.

...just like 4.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
#6Bloodychess(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2014 5:04:12 PM(edited)
edward18 posted...

The two have vastly different presentations. While still a kill-a-thon, 4 at least tries to maintain an unsettling atmosphere.

...it's just as unscary as 5...

5 just say f*** all to everything and goes apes*** with the theatrics.

...just like 4.

*Really, you're going to argue co-op is just as unnerving as solo.

*4 doesn't have satellite death lasers, Volcano boss fights, a Zero Suit Samus rip-off, and overdrawn cut scenes.
---
-Beatperson14
#7dragon7x2kPosted 1/4/2014 5:53:13 PM
Bloodychess posted...
<*4 doesn't have satellite death lasers, Volcano boss fights, a Zero Suit Samus rip-off, and overdrawn cut scenes.

If you thought those were stupid and didn't fit the RE universe then I don't think you'll enjoy 6, the plot and some bosses go way too far in the ridiculous direction, it also interrupts the game often to show you some cutscene.
#8Lord_Death_ManPosted 1/4/2014 7:36:19 PM
Its gameplay is better than five's from an action/shooting standpoint, but its plot is just as bad and the villains are blander than they were in that one, slightly less hammy.

I could never understand why people liked Code Veronica, which seems to be a favorite for certain people around here for some reason that I cannot understand or even begin to comprehend. That game was awful, dragged on, nothing about it was scary.. terrible villains just like in 6 or 5 that are only good to laugh at.

4 on the other hand, that was a good game. It had its atmosphere going for it, the unfamiliarity of the premise and enemies back then, the clear gameplay improvements..

5 was a lot worse. But it was still relatively entertaining if you went for co-op and just liked shooting at zombies.
---
So you see, this machine gun is not a toy. It will make a beehive out of you.
#9edward18Posted 1/4/2014 8:17:56 PM

*Really, you're going to argue co-op is just as unnerving as solo.

Outbreak says yes.

*4 doesn't have satellite death lasers,

Instead it shoves in that stupid ass laser-dodging sequence for the first time in the games.

Volcano boss fights,

The double El Gigante fight pretty much has that covered, as does any fight in the series that takes place directly above substances that should catch the characters on fire just from being so close.

a Zero Suit Samus rip-off,

Samus doesn't act like Catwoman, and you have Ada.

and overdrawn cut scenes.

Like I said, just like 4...

I could never understand why people liked Code Veronica,

Best story in the series and has the most backtracking.

which seems to be a favorite for certain people around here for some reason that I cannot understand or even begin to comprehend. That game was awful, dragged on, nothing about it was scary.. terrible villains just like in 6 or 5 that are only good to laugh at.

None of the games scare me, and all the villains in the series are terrible.

4 on the other hand, that was a good game. It had its atmosphere going for it, the unfamiliarity of the premise and enemies back then, the clear gameplay improvements..

And had nothing to do with anything else in the goddamn series, turned Leon into an annoying ass, and fed you health and ammo.

5 was a lot worse.

It was the same only the story was better, it was more relevant, and the characters didn't make me wanna tear my ears off.

But it was still relatively entertaining if you went for co-op and just liked shooting at zombies.

There are no zombies in 4 or 5.
---
#10riddlebox89Posted 1/4/2014 8:20:39 PM
I hated 5, still do unless I'm playing coop with a buddy, but all we do is make fun of the game and that's really where the enjoyment lies. Loved the hell out of 6 whether I'm playing alone or with someone though so you might be the same. Try the demo out first though.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.