I hated everything about 5, is there any chance I'll enjoy this game?

#81sbn4Posted 1/8/2014 9:09:03 AM
Well Mercenaries in RE6 can be really fun when you are playing with a friend who plays casually or doesn't get their panties in a bunch about scores. Its usually boring with try hards who will boot you if you miss a counter on a dog or something.

You don't have to shoot enemies in the head and melee, nor are you forced to counter them constantly. That's if you are a super serious player. Hell, I have fun and even get above average scores in duo by mixing it up a bit. Also trying to counter enemies with characters who don't naturally have strong counters (one hit kill) like Chris is actually a lot of fun to me. There isn't as much variety or challenge compared to RE5 Mercenaries, but it can be fun.

And what do you find redeeming about Sherry? She is one of the most disappointing things in the game to me. She had great potential, but literally her best scene is the cabin scene where she talks about RE2. She feels too much like a Claire retread but not original. And most of her backstory is told through files. Sheva was similar but she was hated on for this while Sherry seems widely revered.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#82Hewie3Posted 1/8/2014 10:55:18 AM(edited)
See, I love Sheva so that's not a problem with me. However, I like Sherry because I see the wasted potential she has (hence I even mentioned her being overshadowed) & I like that she is sort of similar to Claire since Claire has practically disappeared from the series.

Edit: So I guess you can say I like SHerry because of the potential she has & now that she's made an official return, I look forward to her possibilities in the future if Capcom can do something great once more.
---
PSN ID: LeonHart32
#83edward18Posted 1/8/2014 10:58:49 AM
I never got why people disliked Sheva so much.

As for Sherry, yeah, wasted potential. The only person that's had G try to bond with her rather than reject her and she just turns out to be some agent. And with Sherry Claire should've been here. Claire's the one that was always with Sherry, not Leon.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#84mMarikomPosted 1/8/2014 12:09:59 PM
edward18 posted...
I never got why people disliked Sheva so much.

As for Sherry, yeah, wasted potential. The only person that's had G try to bond with her rather than reject her and she just turns out to be some agent. And with Sherry Claire should've been here. Claire's the one that was always with Sherry, not Leon.

The fact that Claire's name wasn't even IN Resident Evil 6 except for that cabin scene got under my skin.

How are you going to have what is essentially an RE2 reunion, being the first game since RE2 where Leon, Ada, and Sherry all matter in a story relevant to the rest of the series and Claire isn't there?

"Leon saved my life back in Raccoon City"

Claire synth'd you a vaccine and kept your daddy from forcing himself down your throat and laying zombie eggs in you. Leon's sole contribution to your life was carrying you to a train. Did it matter in context? Of course. But this whole Leon as a standalone character thing only really worked in RE4 and even then it was kind of a hard sell.
---
PSN: Arent_We_Clever
3DS Friend Code: 2234 8016 4687 Nickname: Mariko
#85sbn4Posted 1/8/2014 9:16:06 PM
Well, at least you are consistent about it Hewie. I honestly disliked Sherry. I actually prefer Jake over her lately. I just can't get over the opportunity that was missed with this character. Honestly, some of the dumb things that she says in the campaign also annoyed me.

Edit: So I guess you can say I like SHerry because of the potential she has & now that she's made an official return, I look forward to her possibilities in the future if Capcom can do something great once more.

I'm not as positive as you. Capcom has had plenty of chances to develop their characters. I still think Chris is the most developed and consistent character in the series. People who say RE6 angry Chris is out of character needs to go back to play the older games. But even with him chances were missed. In RE5, how cool would it have been to have a scene with Chris visiting Jill's grave and saying some heartfelt crap instead of just mentioning it in a file. And when Sheva asked about her, Chris could have given a more passionate answer than the one he gave. I don't think these characters will ever reach their true potential.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#86siberian142Posted 1/8/2014 9:47:03 PM
mMarikom posted...
The fact that Claire's name wasn't even IN Resident Evil 6 except for that cabin scene got under my skin.

Claire was pretty prominent in the files too. At the very least it seems like she was actively involved with Sherry over the years

And she only mentioned Leon because he was the only one present, and she was using that detail to make Jake back off. She was not relevant during that conversation and it is understandable that she did not include her.

I do agree that Claire should have been included. Jill got the even shorter end of the stick, she wasn't mentioned anywhere in a game that focused pretty heavily on the BSAA.
#87edward18Posted 1/8/2014 9:50:44 PM
We've had Jill all over the series. Claire's last appearance was Degeneration (where she hardly did anything) with her only having had 2 main games. I think I value Claire more myself.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai