Decided to go on a nostalgia trip...

#1slapper1Posted 1/10/2014 11:19:49 PM(edited)
... By playing Resident Evil Director's Cut after not touching it in over 2 years. I decided to do a no walkthrough Arrange/Advance Mode playthrough using Chris without saving at all. I honestly forgot how difficult Arrange Mode actually was in Director's Cut and I came within inches of death at least 6 or 7 times but thanks to being cautious and keeping myself supplied, I always managed to avoid that final game ending blow and heal myself back up thus avoiding death. I f***ing hate Hunters and Yawn though, my shotgun was doing jack s*** to them when they attacked in groups and it took 21 Magnum rounds just to drop Yawn in his second fight which was ridiculous (I though my game was glitched for a moment there lol).

In the end, I managed to save both Rebecca and Jill (although some things went differently then I remembered, such as Rebecca not needing to be saved when revisiting the Mansion) and I got the highest rank for no deaths and no saves (it took me slightly over 5 hours) which rewarded me an Infinite Magnum for my next Chris playthrough. I think it's time to get some bloody revenge on those annoying ass Hunters. Since I had so much fun playing Director's Cut, I'm thinking of playing all the classics just for fun as I love them all so much (they were my childhood and early teenhood). Ah, good times. Thinking back, this topic kinda makes me sound like an old fart reflecting on the past doesn't it?
---
Christmas sucks, end of story.
Currently OP8 on Borderlands 2.
#2Syn_VengeancePosted 1/10/2014 11:27:00 PM
Old Fart? Nah lol I just did runs of the modern games recently heres what I did

RE4 (Started a fresh save) Ran the game on Normal, then Pro. Same with Adas Seperate Ways, 5 Stared every mercs map with every Character. (Got Hand Canon, Chicago Typewrite and PRL.)

RE5: Campaign on pro/no infinite ammo, Desperate Escape and Lost in Nightmares on Pro.

RE6: All 4 Campaigns on Pro/No infinite ammo.

Revelations on Infernal.

Operation Raccoon City both campaigns on Pro.

Umbrella and Darkside Chronicles on Pro.

Now I'm going back in time and doing.

RE1 with Chris
RE2 with Leon
RE3
RE Outbreak and File 2.

Once i get a new job I'll be picking up a gamecube and Remake and Zero to play them again, Code Veronica I just did Recently so I'll be skipping it
---
Playing: Need for Speed Rivals, Battlefield 4, Splinter Cell Blacklist, Dead Space 1 & 2, Resident Evil 4,5,Revelations & 6. Too many games lol.
#3sbn4Posted 1/11/2014 12:24:32 AM
Nice to see people playing as Chris instead of Jill. Literally anyone who ever plays that game, plays Jill. I was thinking of getting my GC out to play some older games. I noticed the ones that sit the best with me after all these years are REMake and RE3. I can still play the other games, but these two really do it for me.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#4GoldsicklePosted 1/11/2014 1:20:18 AM
slapper1 posted...
it took 21 Magnum rounds just to drop Yawn in his second fight which was ridiculous (I though my game was glitched for a moment there lol).

Yawn appears to have some sort of defense against Magnum rounds.

If you're playing as Jill, use Acid Rounds for a quick kill.
I think you should stick to shotgun with Chris.
---
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)
#5Syn_VengeancePosted 1/11/2014 1:39:09 AM
sbn4 posted...
Nice to see people playing as Chris instead of Jill. Literally anyone who ever plays that game, plays Jill. I was thinking of getting my GC out to play some older games. I noticed the ones that sit the best with me after all these years are REMake and RE3. I can still play the other games, but these two really do it for me.

I like Jill But Chris is my favorite character.
---
Playing: Need for Speed Rivals, Battlefield 4, Splinter Cell Blacklist, Dead Space 1 & 2, Resident Evil 4,5,Revelations & 6. Too many games lol.
#6slapper1(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2014 6:21:07 AM
Goldsickle posted...
slapper1 posted...
it took 21 Magnum rounds just to drop Yawn in his second fight which was ridiculous (I though my game was glitched for a moment there lol).

Yawn appears to have some sort of defense against Magnum rounds.

If you're playing as Jill, use Acid Rounds for a quick kill.
I think you should stick to shotgun with Chris.

That might explain it lol. I may swap out my Infinite magnum for the shotgun when I fight him again in playthrough 2.

@sbn4: While I like Jill as a character, I always enjoyed Chris's campaign in RE 1 the most as it was more challenging and had Rebecca as a supporting character.
---
#7GoldsicklePosted 1/11/2014 7:08:16 AM
slapper1 posted...
That might explain it lol. I may swap out my Infinite magnum for the shotgun when I fight him again in playthrough 2.

I used my Inf. Magnum as Jill in my second playthrough and found out that Yawn takes mighty f***loads of Magnum Rounds to die.

I reloaded and switched to Acid Rounds instead and it died in a few shots (3-4 rounds, I think?).

Just shows that Yawn has some defense against Magnum Rounds, like how some enemies in Revelations' Raid Mode will have defense bonuses against certain weapon types.
---
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)
#8slapper1(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2014 7:16:27 AM
^ That makes sense. I do remember Acid rounds being it's primary weakness as Jill, but since I was playing with Chris I figured the magnum would get the job done. I was so very wrong lol.
---
#9DirtyMickPosted 1/11/2014 4:56:37 PM
Love the classics. The only reason I still own a Gamecube is because the only three games I still own for it are ReMake, Four, and Zero. I generally go through the series every other year or so. It's nice to play games you've got fifteen year old save files on. Looking back at what I accomplished in those games when I was younger is pretty insane to me. Resident Evil has always been one of those games I one hundred percent complete it and can still have fun with. I even have a platinum on all the newer ones (with the exception of revelations, which I'm currently working on and ORC, which I really don't ever see myself doing).
---
Six words, two commas, one period.
#10SSJ_JinPosted 1/11/2014 5:49:33 PM
Did you guys know...

That if you get poisoned...

In the classic games...

The poison..

Will not kill you. O_O

lol, I never knew that until a few months ago when I read it on the RE2 board. I always thought that poisoned killed you. So much so that I literally fabricated a memory of me dying by poison in RE2. In fact, I think I believed even Ada had died when she was poisoned by the spiders in the sewers when she follows you. The posters told me no and when I shockingly tested it they were correct. I never knew that..
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/