Decided to go on a nostalgia trip...

#11TurduckenPosted 1/12/2014 12:26:11 AM
Yeah the lowest it can make you go is RE's equivalent of 1 HP. I remember getting poisoned and trying to die in a save room cuz I thought it'd be funny, and it never happened.
---
THE FIGHT WILL CONTINUE, AS LONG AS THE AMERICA INSIDE MY HEART IS STILL ALIVE
#12ReceiverxWisdomPosted 1/12/2014 12:41:59 AM
SSJ_Jin posted...
Did you guys know...

That if you get poisoned...

In the classic games...

The poison..

Will not kill you. O_O

lol, I never knew that until a few months ago when I read it on the RE2 board. I always thought that poisoned killed you. So much so that I literally fabricated a memory of me dying by poison in RE2. In fact, I think I believed even Ada had died when she was poisoned by the spiders in the sewers when she follows you. The posters told me no and when I shockingly tested it they were correct. I never knew that..

Knowing this kinda ruins the danger of being poisoned especially if you have a fresh heal on standby :/
---
R* Social Club ID: Ren_Operative
PSN: LatinChris_9990
#13sbn4Posted 1/12/2014 12:52:56 AM
I don't know if anyone is like this, but there are only certain RE game I can replay and have fun. A few of the them feel like a chore to me. For instance, I generally do not have much fun replaying RE0 or RE4. I need to be in the mood to revisit CVX, Revelations, and RE2. REmake and RE3 seem to be the only ones that I can enjoy.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#14DrLight66Posted 1/12/2014 1:33:48 AM
Syn_Vengeance posted...
Old Fart? Nah lol I just did runs of the modern games recently heres what I did

Once i get a new job I'll be picking up a gamecube and Remake and Zero to play them again, Code Veronica I just did Recently so I'll be skipping it

You know you can play them on the Wii too right?
#15Starwind128Posted 1/12/2014 6:11:59 AM
I'm a little ashamed to say this, but I haven't played Directors Cut in 10 years! I always find myself crawling to REmake when I want my survival horror fix.
---
Oh dear. Someone said something that I don't like, they must be trolling.
We all make mistakes, here's your lifeline.
#16GoldsicklePosted 1/12/2014 7:45:36 AM
I bought Director's Cut, along with RE2 & RE3 using an old PSN account before my first PS3 died.

I lost my account information, so I had to repurchase the classics.
However, I decided not to get Director's Cut because the one available on PSN (Dual Shock Edition) changed the music...
---
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)
#17Starwind128Posted 1/12/2014 8:16:29 AM
^ Mine is the Dual Shock as well. I used to have the original DC with the RE2 demo disc, but that was forever ago, & I can't remember what happened to it.
---
Oh dear. Someone said something that I don't like, they must be trolling.
We all make mistakes, here's your lifeline.
#18ReceiverxWisdomPosted 1/12/2014 11:59:36 AM(edited)
Goldsickle posted...
I bought Director's Cut, along with RE2 & RE3 using an old PSN account before my first PS3 died.

However, I decided not to get Director's Cut because the one available on PSN (Dual Shock Edition) changed the music...

This is why if I'm going to buy the original Resident Evil 1 all over again, I'm going with the original DC version that wasn't the dual shock edition.

I'll have to obviously grab a copy off amazon with the dual disc RE2 demo however it'll be worth the money because I'll attest to the fact that they f***ing butchered the musical audio in the DSE with a composer who thought farting into a tuba was masterful compared to suspenseful themes of encroaching dread such as this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8FDTEtUg40

Luckily Capcom realized their mistake and they didn't tamper with the dual shock editions of Resident Evil 2 and focused on their goal which was the controls. Thank goodness.
---
R* Social Club ID: Ren_Operative
PSN: LatinChris_9990
#19slapper1(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2014 10:12:53 PM(edited)
^ I noticed the music was a bit different in the Duel Shock Edition of DC (I also got it on PSN) and while I liked a few of the new tracks (the new track which plays after solving the painting puzzle was awesome), I preferred the original soundtrack overall thanks to it's consistent atmospheric tracks as a whole.

I finished a replay on Chris's Arranged Mode using my Infinite Magnum and finished it in slightly over 2 hours netting me an Infinite RL on top of my Infinite Magnum. I then played through Jill's mode on Original and found it to be less fun then my much tougher playthough on Arranged mode using Chris. Meh, still plenty fun. I'm thinking of playing RE 2 next as I still have the original disk for that game and it's my all time favorite classic RE game ever (behind Remake). I must have put over 200+ hours into that game over the years and it never gets old.
---
Christmas sucks, end of story.
Currently OP8 on Borderlands 2.
#20LeftiesRulePosted 1/15/2014 5:02:12 PM
Goldsickle posted...

(Claps) good job Goldy. You deserve a gold medal.