Really well written article about the series.

#1Starwind128Posted 1/12/2014 5:27:59 PM
http://quarterdisorder.com/2013/03/02/capcom-and-the-fall-of-resident-evil/
---
Oh dear. Someone said something that I don't like, they must be trolling.
We all make mistakes, here's your lifeline.
#2sbn4Posted 1/12/2014 7:02:24 PM
I think many of the issues are overblown. RE6 is the first main story RE game that you could consider a failure both in execution and sales. Most people are making too big of a deal of it. Yes, RE6 was not a good game. But RE7 can redeem the series. I've said it before, but Capcom was in trouble back in 2003 when they released a slew of crap. But they bounced back. I'll try to be optimistic about the future of this series.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#3randyc80Posted 1/13/2014 12:44:17 AM
A well written article about the series? Try a well worded blog rant from someone who obviously hates the direction that Resident Evil has gone. Do plenty of people agree? Of course. Is this the demise of RE and Capcom will shut it down? Don't be ridiculous.

Capcom is still making plenty of money on this series and it will continue. Angry and jaded blog posts like this one won't change anything.
#4Coryo61827Posted 1/13/2014 12:08:32 PM
Quote:A well written article about the series? Try a well worded blog rant from someone who obviously hates the direction that Resident Evil has gone. Do plenty of people agree? Of course. Is this the demise of RE and Capcom will shut it down? Don't be ridiculous.

Capcom is still making plenty of money on this series and it will continue. Angry and jaded blog posts like this one won't change anything.

@randyc80

No it's definitely the beginning of the end for the resident evil series. Trust me, after resident evil 6 I guarantee you a lot less people will even preorder the next resident evil game, let alone rush out and buy it as soon as it comes out. Including me. Being a resident evil fan I've always preordered my resident evil games but not anymore. I will wait for reviews this time so I don't waste $60 again.

If the next resident evil game sucks, many more fans will give up on the series if they haven't already. It seems
Capcom doesn't know what they're doing anymore unfortunately.

Thankfully we have the evil within coming out. Now THAT looks preorder worthy.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12
#5GoldsicklePosted 1/13/2014 11:23:16 PM
Coryo61827 posted...
No it's definitely the beginning of the end for the resident evil series. Trust me, after resident evil 6 I guarantee you a lot less people will even preorder the next resident evil game, let alone rush out and buy it as soon as it comes out. Including me. Being a resident evil fan I've always preordered my resident evil games but not anymore. I will wait for reviews this time so I don't waste $60 again.

It's not like the series has never been in decline before.

Sales went down starting from RE3 and goes all the way to Code VERONICA & even RE4.
RE5 was when Capcom struck gold again with the franchise.

And people forget the fact that even if RE6 failed to meet it's goal, it's still the second best-selling RE game (after 5) and Capcom's third best-selling game.
RE6's "failure" is due to overblown budget and expectations, miscalculated from RE5's surprise success.
They could still get 5 million+ copies worth of sales with the RE brand.
---
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)
#6Syn_VengeancePosted 1/14/2014 3:47:54 AM
This article was hardly about the series and more about a dude crying about RE5 over and over and over and over again.

I do want to pick out one thing from this article that he said and yes this may be nit picking but this dude has his facts messed up and must not have played the series fully.

He claims the Neo-Umbrella Javo look like rip offs of the Helghast from the Killzone series, Yet seems to forget that Hunk was created years before killzone and that the Hellghast all look like clones of him.

All in all.. This article was a giant cry fest about how RE6 turned out..
---
Dooby Dooby Doo.