Jake's Abilities *possible spoilers*

#1HeejyHorangPosted 1/20/2014 9:29:48 AM
I apologize if this has been answered, but do we know why Jake Muller is so strong, almost superhuman? I know it has to do with his immunity to the virus but is that really the only reason why he is able to fight Ustanak Hand to hand?
#2IlDankoPosted 1/20/2014 10:14:03 AM
For the same reason Chris could lift a a boulder in a volcano... He just trained for it, I guess...

The only thing he could inherit from Wesker are the antibodies.. No strength, no speed or anything else.
---
I've found you guilty of a crime. Of sleeping at a time, when you should have been wide awake.
PSN: Dan21993
#3Starwind128Posted 1/20/2014 10:21:25 AM
The series just keeps getting more, & more ridiculous. I also love how Leon, & Helena crash their helicopter through a building, & get out without a scratch. Way to go Capcom, you obviously know how to make the best quality games, no need to listen to your fans or anything. -_-
---
R.I.P. Resident Evil 1996-2005
You will be dearly missed.
#4IlDankoPosted 1/20/2014 10:32:44 AM
Starwind128 posted...
The series just keeps getting more, & more ridiculous. I also love how Leon, & Helena crash their helicopter through a building, & get out without a scratch. Way to go Capcom, you obviously know how to make the best quality games, no need to listen to your fans or anything. -_-

Well at least they made chris to get unconscious twice in his campaign... That's a start..
---
I've found you guilty of a crime. Of sleeping at a time, when you should have been wide awake.
PSN: Dan21993
#5TurduckenPosted 1/20/2014 10:59:18 AM
Because he's EXXXTTRREEEEEEEME!!!!!!!
---
THE FIGHT WILL CONTINUE, AS LONG AS THE AMERICA INSIDE MY HEART IS STILL ALIVE
#6Da DoodPosted 1/20/2014 2:12:57 PM
Starwind128 posted...
I also love how Leon, & Helena crash their helicopter through a building, & get out without a scratch.

To be fair, Leon has quite a lot of experience as an improv stuntman. I don't think he's ever piloted a vehicle that didn't crash, hah.
---
And this time!
#7siberian142Posted 1/20/2014 2:18:03 PM
His combat abilities come from his time as a mercenary.

Jake Muller is a 20-year-old professional mercenary under the employ of rebel forces in Edonia. Despite his youth, his combat experience is quite high, and his survival skills are quite formidable.

Not sure how we was capable of surviving a Ustanak foot to the head, though. You can shrug off Sherry getting smacked point blank by his arm-drill thing because she is capable of regeneration, but it is hard to believe that either of them could survive having their head stomped on by a gigantic creature wearing steel boots.

A file says that he inherited the ability to manipulate viruses to only reap the beneficial effects though...So perhaps that's what he did when he took the C-Virus:
Albert Wesker, father of Jake Muller, had a very rare physiology. His body was highly resistant to viral infection, and he was even able to manipulate the virus he had injected into himself so that he would only reap their benefits and none of its deleterious effects. This self-experimentation gave him abilities that can only be described as superhuman.

As Albert's son, Jake enjoys the same immunity to viral infection. When Jake injects himself with a solution containing the C-Virus, it has no visible effect on him.
#8SSJ_JinPosted 1/20/2014 2:59:02 PM
siberian142 posted...
A file says that he inherited the ability to manipulate viruses to only reap the beneficial effects though...So perhaps that's what he did when he took the C-Virus:

https://www.residentevil.net/en/exfile-2-40.html

I figured he didn't get anything from the C-Virus, but there's a confirmation there.

However, I believed that it "was obvious" he got some Wesker abilities, as in, when Wesker was experimented on as a child. So while not being like he is post-RE1, Wesker was still a little superhuman, thus Jake getting that.

But a while ago after I realized just how stupid RE6 is, I wouldn't doubt it if he's just a regular human. If that's true I can't take him serious anymore. I'll have to assume he's "Phase 1" of the Wesker children, (while Wesker would be "Phase 2"). Otherwise he's done.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#9Syn_VengeancePosted 1/20/2014 4:13:36 PM
IlDanko posted...
For the same reason Chris could lift a a boulder in a volcano... He just trained for it, I guess...

The only thing he could inherit from Wesker are the antibodies.. No strength, no speed or anything else.

He has the antibodies meaning he wont mutate just like Sherry.

Sherry gets her healing from the G-virus.

Jake gets his speed and strength from the C-virus.
---
Dooby Dooby Doo.
#10CPU-ZPosted 1/20/2014 8:22:55 PM
Super, heavy, colossal spoilers ahead. Read at your risk.

This is a question I've thought a lot on, and I've reached the conclusion that it traces back to Project W. Project W children were kidnapped across the world and monitored. Exceptional children would go on to work for Umbrella. These children were administered a prototype virus of the Progenitor virus. Of the exceptional children that were administered it, only Alex and Albert Wesker survived.

When Ms. Muller had her "fling" with Wesker, he had already been administered the prototype Progenitor virus at the point. The virus provides hardened skin, organs, muscular tissue, and the skeletal system. It leaves the intelligence and personality of the host intact.

My educated guess is that Wesker passed on two things to his punk ******* of a son. They are the obvious viral immunity, but a bit of the prototype Progenitor virus as well. Jake doesn't exhibit inhuman speed or the level of strength as Wesker, but his level of strength is above that of the strongest of humans.