Post your unpopular opinions about the series here...

#1sbn4Posted 1/29/2014 10:29:37 PM
It can be your opinion or personal preference that you noticed is in the minority. Here's mine in no particular order:

- Resident Evil 3 is better than Resident Evil 2.
- Resident Evil 5 is better than Resident Evil 4. Resident Evil 5 is a well made game that very fun.
- I prefer Chris' campaign in REmake/RE1 over Jill's since I feel it is more official.
- I prefer Leon over Claire in RE2.
- I find Chris and Leon to be more interesting and fun characters than their female counterparts.
- RE5 Jill is my favorite Jill. She's at her best aesthetically in the battlesuit.
- Jill is the most important character and had a huge impact on RE5.
- I liked Jessica as she made Revelations slightly less boring. And I find her good looking.
- I like Sheva and Helena.
- Mercenaries is more fun with casual players rather than those who have to go for the best scores.
- Quint and Keith are funny.
- No thanks, bro.
- I like the modern and older REs just the same.
- RE6 is a mediocre game that is not as bad as its made out to be.
- I prefer Jake over Sherry.
- Wesker is a dope who shouldn't come back.
- I despise Carla.
- Mercenaries 3DS was amazingly fun.
- Capcom can still bounce back from their slump and RE7 can be good.

That's all I got for now. How about you guys?
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#2BasementDudePosted 1/29/2014 11:10:03 PM
i like orc
---
number of e-huggies received today: 0
number of e-huggies wanted daily: 1,000,000 total e-huggies received: 442,618,550
#3Da DoodPosted 1/30/2014 6:27:32 AM
I like RE3 better than RE2 (both games are amazing though).

I find the story really dumb and I don't understand why people take it seriously. The outbreaks are escalating anime-style by now, with every new event bigger than the previous (even when the next game is a prequel!), because that's just easier to write.

I think all main characters are interchangeable and they have no real personality or development. The villains are even worse. It's hilarious in Code: Veronica when the THREE villains talk and laugh maniacally the exact same way. It's like watching an '80s cartoon.

I like classic and modern RE equally. As long as the new games are fun to play, I don't care if they're too action focused. If I want classic RE, I revisit the classics, or I play other old-school survival horror games (Silent Hill, Fatal Frame, Dino Crisis).

At the highest difficulty, I think RE4 is more challenging than most classic REs.

The only well designed part of RE Outbreak is the intro movie.

I don't know which I prefer between RE1 and REmake. Most people replace RE1 with REmake forever, but the original is still so interesting and difficult to me. I love it.
---
And this time!
#4SSJ_JinPosted 1/30/2014 7:33:07 AM
I find Survivor to be a decent game...it's playable and I've played it quite a few times.

Every campaign in the modern REs suck after the beginning, (RE4 and 5 are only good in the village, 6 sucks period) and only Mercenaries saves these games. Granted they're fun to play the first time, but after 2 or 3 that's it.

RAID mode is overrated. Fun until you beat every level, (every difficulty, top rank). Then it dies immediately.

Ada's "death" in scenario A is better than B, (actually I dunno if that's an unpopular opinion).

Rebecca is great and needs to return.

RE0 is a good game.

I find the original RE1, (I have Director's Cut with the good music, i.e. not the Dual Shock version) more enjoyable than REmake. Maybe since it was my first RE game.

Wesker needs to come back. RE5 was an injustice to his character and end, (this may also not be unpopular since Wesker is popular and casuals probably wouldn't mind him coming back).
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#5Syn_VengeancePosted 1/30/2014 9:02:24 AM(edited)
- I think Remake is overly hyped and still prefer playing the original
- Resident Evil 5 is better than Resident Evil 4. My favorite modern Game as well.
- Chris is a better character then Leon and probably the only one who has actual development
- Revelations is overrated and so is Raid mode, Beat every level and then it gets boring.
- Operation Raccoon City is a good game that gets over hated.
- RE5 has the best Mercenaries
- I think Sheva was a great Character and one of the few who actually feels human.
- Resident evil Code Veronica and Zero are terrible games and incredibly boring
- Barry, Rebecca, Billy, Carlos and Claire do not need to come back as playable leads... ever
- Chris's campaign in RE6 is the best one, Best final boss, Best ending.
- RE6 is overly hated
- I am an equal fan of both modern and classic RE
- RE4 while being a decent game is overrated and not as great as people make it out to be
- Ada Wong is one of the worst characters in the series, i hate everything about her.
- Wesker should have stayed dead after RE1
- Dead aim was a very fun game
- Jill in Revelations doesnt look as bad as everybody keeps crying she does
- Leon in RE2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>RE4 and RE6 Leon
- RE Degeneration and Damnation are boring movies and a waste of my money lol.
---
My personal Game of the Year for 2013: Splinter Cell Blacklist
#6Syn_VengeancePosted 1/30/2014 8:41:05 AM
BasementDude posted...
i like orc

1,000,000 E-huggies from a fellow RE ORC fan :)
---
#7Dark__ThronePosted 1/30/2014 8:55:16 AM
- REvelations wasn't even that good
- Leon in RE2 is alot better than RE4/6 Leon
- RE0 was a good game
- Steve Burnside is one of the best supporting characters
- Operation Raccoon City is better than RE6 (but it still kinda sucks alot)
- Leon and Chris don't need to come back. They're incredibly boring in the new games
- The controls/gameplay in RE6 sucks
---
"When it's cold and when it's dark..... The Freezing Moon can sometimes obsess you....." -Per "Dead" Ohlin
#8sbn4(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2014 8:58:21 AM
- Chris's campaing in RE6 is the best one, Best final boss, Best ending.
- Chris is a better character then Leon and probably the only one who has actual development

I can't believe I forgot those.

I don't think this is unpopular actually.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#9Syn_VengeancePosted 1/30/2014 9:01:21 AM
sbn4 posted...
- Chris's campaign in RE6 is the best one, Best final boss, Best ending.

I can't believe I forgot those.

I don't think this is unpopular actually.

Fair enough but I'm glad to see somebody who agree's with me on the Chris stuff :)
---
#10IlDankoPosted 1/30/2014 9:24:25 AM
- Luis is more likeable than Leon

- Carla is more likeable and looks better than Ada

- With the exception of RE2,i think all of Leon's stories are just irrelevant spin offs of the series

- If there is ever a game where Chris, Claire and Jill appear at the same time, one of them should die.. Most likely Chris (although he's my favorite character)

- I think Jake still has a chance to become a likeable character.

- RE5 is the best modern RE game.

- Tweed is awesome

- HUNK is overrated

- Sherry's voice is almost as annoying as Ashley's
---
I've found you guilty of a crime. Of sleeping at a time, when you should have been wide awake.
PSN: Dan21993