Post your unpopular opinions about the series here...

#151sbn4(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2014 7:16:51 AM
As far as I can remember all Helena says was "I did this." Not really a full fledged confession in my eyes. Leon remains clueless about what's happening until the beginning of chapter 3 as far as I can remember.

And that's fair enough. I'm not sure what I would do either. So condemning Helena for fairly believable actions isn't fair. While I'm not sure what I would do, I'm pretty sure a vast majority of the public would do something similar to what Helena did.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#152TheSkinniMini1Posted 2/11/2014 3:05:32 PM
Now I can't say I wouldn't have done what Helena did bc I love by family to death and would do anything to keep them alive. While it would be hard to live with what I've done (and would accept any consequence), it would be even harder to live with myself if I did absolutely nothing or didn't try my absloute hardest to save my family and that's probably how Helena felt (see this is why I like her, so human, so grey). I don't think it makes her a bad person, just a person put in a bad situation.

However I will say letting Helena off the hook was ridiculous. She should have either went to jail or lost her job. Going back to work should have never been an option imo.

Also I kind of bothered by the fact that she was reluctant to help others. I mean with the predicament she was in, one would think she'd be more sympathetic. If that was her sister out there, she would want someone to help her.

Can someone please answer my question. Would Claire have gotten half the hate Helena got if she did exactly what Helena did for Chris's sake?
---
---
Why so serious mates?
#153sbn4(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2014 6:13:22 PM
Claire is a dumb *****. She wasted all those poor Umbrella guards just doing their jobs. They were just trying to put food on the table. Think how sad their children must have been when their mothers told them that daddy wasn't coming home anymore. The pain those children must live with for the rest of their lives. And for what? So that dumb wench could find her brother who didn't even think it would be a good idea to leave a note.

**** Claire.

But seriously, if it was Claire's first game, she would have probably gotten hate as well. I'm not sure how people would react in her second appearance though. Fans may have been split. But technically Jill kind of wiped out an entire region of Africa. Sure she was under mind control, but she said she was aware. She must be mind ****ed for the rest of her life.
---
#154gmoshierPosted 2/11/2014 7:22:15 PM
sbn4 posted...
I never understood the Helena hate. Many also hate her because she's "ugly." Which confirms that the fanbase is shallow. I guarantee Jill, Sherry, or Claire would not have as many fans if they didn't look like fashion models. I personally don't see anything ugly about her. The girl just needs to not frown all the time.

I never understood the Helena hate either and I think she's smokin hot. I have nothing against Sherry but Helena is leagues hotter than Sherry imo.
---
Waiting for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 and Watch Dogs.
http://psntl.com/user/view/gmoshier
#155parkourboybryanPosted 2/11/2014 9:10:30 PM
gmoshier posted...
sbn4 posted...
I never understood the Helena hate. Many also hate her because she's "ugly." Which confirms that the fanbase is shallow. I guarantee Jill, Sherry, or Claire would not have as many fans if they didn't look like fashion models. I personally don't see anything ugly about her. The girl just needs to not frown all the time.

I never understood the Helena hate either and I think she's smokin hot. I have nothing against Sherry but Helena is leagues hotter than Sherry imo.

I find athleticism hot, Helena's Herculean upper body strength is sexy. Plus, dem arms and legs.
---
Anxiously awaiting the next Mirror's Edge.
Check out my entertainment blog: http://aicguild.blogspot.com
#156BasementDudePosted 2/11/2014 9:27:01 PM
i would let helena drop kick my face
---
number of e-huggies received today: 0
number of e-huggies wanted daily: 1,000,000 total e-huggies received: 443,628,550
#157CPU-ZPosted 2/12/2014 12:31:34 AM
BasementDude posted...
i would let helena drop kick my face

In a speedo?
#158BasementDudePosted 2/12/2014 12:49:18 AM
sure thing. she has to stand over me and flick her hair too
---
number of e-huggies received today: 0
number of e-huggies wanted daily: 1,000,000 total e-huggies received: 443,628,550
#159Grimmgamer13Posted 2/12/2014 8:48:32 AM
sbn4 posted...
Claire is a dumb *****. She wasted all those poor Umbrella guards just doing their jobs. They were just trying to put food on the table. Think how sad their children must have been when their mothers told them that daddy wasn't coming home anymore. The pain those children must live with for the rest of their lives. And for what? So that dumb wench could find her brother who didn't even think it would be a good idea to leave a note.

**** Claire.

But seriously, if it was Claire's first game, she would have probably gotten hate as well. I'm not sure how people would react in her second appearance though. Fans may have been split. But technically Jill kind of wiped out an entire region of Africa. Sure she was under mind control, but she said she was aware. She must be mind ****ed for the rest of her life.

Interesting... But there is a fundamental flaw in the " Claire killed a bunch of innocent guards in her quest to find Chris" theory. Anyone who accepts a job, be it police, military, or private security, where you are armed and looking to stop intruders/attackers must accept the fact that they will be shot at and possibly killed in the line of duty. Sure, they were doing their jobs, but they also had to know of the very real danger that comes with that occupation. If you watch the opening of CV, Claire mostly runs away from them, and when she blows the explosive tank it left most if not all of them incapacitated, not dead. I think she knew that they were ignorant of Umbrellas true work and decided to take the high road of hurting as few as possible. If a security team of people who didn't know the people they worked for were evil was standing between my and my family, I'd cut them down without a second thought, as I believe most would too. Sure, I'd feel bad for them and their families later, but your family comes first to YOU, also, they knew the risk is my point.

Lol, yeah, I'm sure Claire would have had a split among fans, but I'm sure it would have involved more hate for her being well/poorly implemented rather than actually hate for her in general. I feel bad for Jill as well, she was conscious the whole time of her being controlled by Wesker. That HAD to do some serious damage to her psyche, and could be used as an excuse for her absence in RE6 ( though, she also could have just been busy fighting somewhere else), hopefully this, and questions about the rest of the missing cast, will be answered in 7 :)
#160sbn4(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2014 9:14:27 AM
Actually Grimm, I was just joking about the Claire thing. I have no real issue with what Claire did. In fact, I was in the military so I know all about being killed in the line of duty.

But that's what makes RE5 Jill super interesting to me. Outside of the hawtness, I find her character to be kind of tragic and interesting when you think about it.
---