Future Resident Evil Announcement

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. Future Resident Evil Announcement
1 year ago#1
What Resident Evil Future Announcement you wanted - Results (71 votes)
Resident Evil 2 Remake For PS4&Xbox One (With Resident Evil 2002 Gameplay)
15.49% (11 votes)
Resident Evil 3 Remake For PS4&Xbox One (With Resident Evil 2002 Gameplay)
2.82% (2 votes)
Resident Evil 2&3 Remakes For PS4&Xbox One (With Resident Evil 2002 Gameplay)
16.9% (12 votes)
Resident Evil 2 Remake For PS4&Xbox One (With Action 4-6 Gameplay)
5.63% (4 votes)
Resident Evil 3 Remake For PS4&Xbox One (With Action 4-6 Gameplay)
0% (0 votes)
Resident Evil 2&3 Remakes For PS4&Xbox One (With Action 4-6 Gameplay)
18.31% (13 votes)
Full Reboot of Series (With New Characters, New Setting, New Backstory)
19.72% (14 votes)
None of Options (Please Type Below what you wanted)
21.13% (15 votes)
This poll is now closed.
My vote for Resident Evil 2&3 Remakes For PS4&Xbox One (With Resident Evil 2002 Gameplay)
I dislike Action Gameplay aka 4-6 are crap to me.
---
I really hope Final Fantasy XV is released by Christmas 2014 for Japan, Final Fantasy XV is released by January 16 2015 for International.
1 year ago#2
Whatever it is, make it available for ps3
---
Oppose and disagree, destroy demonocracy.
PSN: Dan21993
1 year ago#3
Remake of 2 and 3 for PS3/360/PS4/X1 with a mix of the two styles. Fixed cameras, but when you aim your gun you can still walk, and holding L2 readies a knife which can be swung whilst walking and doesn't take up space in inventory.

There's alot of things theyd have to do to give the game/s real longevity too. The things that kept RE games alive for so long for me where the extras. Unlockables, Mercenaries, upgrading weapons etc etc and Raid Mode has been the most addicting thing ive played in a long time so I guess Id want something like that.

A flat out HD version of those games just wouldnt be enough in this day and age IMO.

At least, not enough to garner the sales it would take to justify to capcom the work required.
---
PSN: LegendaryPLANK
Narcissistically opinionated.
1 year ago#4
iphan4tic
I not talking about HD Remaster, Talking about full Remake.
---
I really hope Final Fantasy XV is released by Christmas 2014 for Japan, Final Fantasy XV is released by January 16 2015 for International.
1 year ago#5
Full reboot for me.

I love the sections in 6 (and in Lost in Nightmares in 5) where the camera shifts to the older, dynamic angles, despite them hardly ever happening and lasting all of 2 seconds (ie. when you're playing as Leon or Chris, and you're on that staircase before Chris and Leon confront each other). Imagine that for the new game but the entire game is like that, rather than little snippets of it.

Include free movement from 6, ie. not tank controls from the originals, nor the third-person tank controls from 4, 5, and Rev.
Auto aiming and moving while aiming, to make it fair, seeing as trying to aim manually (ie. from 4 onwards) would be extremely difficult with the fixed angles. Make the camera like fully fixed or the on-rigs style of Code: Veronica.
Make backgrounds real-time rather than pre-rendered, and make them interactive, not just breakable boxes. Even useless dialogue like "It's a table. Nothing of use here," and stuff like that.

Set it earlier in the Resident Evil universe, I mean seriously, what else can they do now? They've already done global domination, put Neo-Umbrella down, got a vaccine. So they'd have to write a really awesome story to make it plausible, even by Resident Evil standards, or set it during the original Raccoon City outbreak, which I think they shouldn't do, as they've done that to death with Outbreak and ORC. Move back to defenceless or uninformed characters, so like police officers who have no idea how to deal with the situation. Have characters that can't use weapons (Sherry for example but obviously not her exactly) and make aiming less accurate in darker areas.
---
Steam: synthsequence | Origin: elsidsynth | PSN: Mannike54 | Nintendo: synthsequence | Friend Code: 4527-9231-7570 | XBL: synthsequence
1 year ago#6
Resident evil 7.

If they remake 2 or 3 it would be cool but if they don't, I don't really care at this particular point.

Focus on making the next sequel or rebooting the series in general, capcom needs to not go back in time anymore, I'm so sick of seeing crap related to Raccoon City all the time.

Its old and overdone..
---
Xbox One Gamertag: Syn Vengeance0
Currently Playing: Call of Duty Ghosts, Titanfall.
1 year ago#7
Resident Evil 7 with the classic gameplay.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
1 year ago#8
^ This. And I mean everything like the classics, from the exploring, puzzle solving, great atmosphere and music, etc. No more crappy wannabe action RE.
1 year ago#9
I think making the stark change from RE 6 back to classic gameplay would be way too drastic, and limiting. They'd be doing the series a disservice by simply reverting back. It would hurt sales, and either lead to the end of the series or another RE 6...
---
PSN: LegendaryPLANK
Narcissistically opinionated.
1 year ago#10
It would only be "too drastic" for the newbies and casuals who only played modern RE. That group is part of the reason why RE tried to be like Call of Duty. (Capcom admitted trying to make it like CoD) RE doesn't need those kind of gamers, they ruin everything. "Hurting the sales"? That kind of thinking is exactly what drove RE into the ground. Being greedy and trying to copy the success of games that were popular with the masses. (Again, CoD) Heck, RE6 didn't even sell that well anyway and received very poor reviews.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. Future Resident Evil Announcement

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived