if Capcom want win-win everyone in RE 6 why not make new resident evil ip ?

#1gantaratPosted 3/20/2014 4:23:13 AM
it easy than make multiple genre in re 6
Leon campaign is actions-horror (with too many qte)
chris campaign is actions-shooter (with few horror element)
jake campaign is actions-adventure (with some horror element )
ada campaign is actions-stealth (with mix of leon-chris-jake )
#2sbn4Posted 3/20/2014 5:49:38 AM
Because a new IP can have a harder time capturing people's attention rather than a known and established series.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#3FearOfTheLightPosted 3/20/2014 1:13:41 PM
And yet most developers seemed to have pulled that off with new IPs within the span of this decade:

Bioware's Dragon Age
Naughty Dog's InFamous
EA's Dead Space
Radical's Prototype (R.I.P)

It just shows the stubbornness of nostalgia the fan-base seems to have developed of this series.
---
---
"When I'm walking a dark road, I am a man who walks alone" - Iron Maiden
#4DanielSpace79Posted 3/20/2014 1:42:45 PM(edited)
FearOfTheLight posted...
And yet most developers seemed to have pulled that off with new IPs within the span of this decade:

Bioware's Dragon Age
Naughty Dog's InFamous
EA's Dead Space

It just shows the stubbornness of nostalgia the fan-base seems to have developed of this series.
---

Technically Dragon's Age is also EA :-)- BioWare is just the studio (similar to Visceral/Dead Space)

Take a look at the 'financial success' on each of those titles- you'll get your answer.

Agree with you though that RE 'fans' tend to show themselves as rather stubbornly na´ve....
---
PSN: TheWorstType for RE6 and TLOU
Props to Hero-Dub for Reading my Novels
#5AndyDonoPosted 3/20/2014 2:45:11 PM
FearOfTheLight posted...

Bioware's Dragon Age
Naughty Dog's InFamous
EA's Dead Space

---

I think you mean "The Last of Us".
---
I`m neither an ally of yours nor a tool of those police who think themselves men of justice. I live as I think is right. -Saeba Ryo (City Hunter)
#6DanielSpace79Posted 3/24/2014 12:53:06 PM
AndyDono posted...
FearOfTheLight posted...

Bioware's Dragon Age
Naughty Dog's InFamous
EA's Dead Space

---

I think you mean "The Last of Us".

I believe he meant rebuilding an IP off existing franchises- Last of Us was brand new IP
---
PSN: TheWorstType for RE6 and TLOU
Props to Hero-Dub for Reading my Novels
#7SSJ_JinPosted 3/24/2014 4:01:55 PM
FearOfTheLight posted...

Bioware's Dragon Age
Naughty Dog's InFamous
EA's Dead Space

---

Because wanting to play a survival horror game rather than a shooter is so stubborn. RPG players, fighting game players, sport games players, they're all stubborn. Every game has to be a shooter. Hopefully RE goes to first person shooter. Then it'll be complete.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#8FearOfTheLightPosted 3/24/2014 11:20:11 PM
The amount of 'change' that Resident Evil has seen with the 4-5-6 iterations as compared to the early predecessor titles is a lot. The plot, gameplay mechanics and overall structure of each game has been progressively streamlined and this is something that most fans (I can contest) here have noticed and disapprove.

Most of the games I've listed have seen very short life-cycles (apart from those which were stated as trilogies in the making) and though that means a few changes to be noticed over the course of their lifespan.....it still shows us that the fans aren't that 'demanding' compared to those of the Resident Evil franchise.
---
---
"When I'm walking a dark road, I am a man who walks alone" - Iron Maiden
#9SSJ_JinPosted 3/25/2014 6:20:50 AM
You make no sense. Listing games that have barely been around compared to a franchise that came out in 1997 is hardly a comparison. Even so, you list Dead Space and people are upset at how action that came across.

Metal Gear Solid has been around as long as RE. Heck, longer if you count the original. Do you know why fans aren't "as demanding as RE?" Because MGS is a stealth franchise and has stuck with that, making changes that are appropriate with being a stealth franchise.

I mean, clearly Mario and Zelda fans aren't "as demanding" because Mario and Zelda obviously turned into a Call of Duty clone, didn't they? Oh wait....they didn't. They remained with what the franchises have always been. I guess Final Fantasy fans are "as demanding" since FF has become more linear rather than more open like previous titles.

It's just another pathetic attempt to bash "old school fans blinded by nostalgia." This is like saying if Burger King turned into Subway people should accept it and not be so demanding.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#10sbn4Posted 3/25/2014 7:46:39 AM
Metal Gear Solid has been around as long as RE. Heck, longer if you count the original. Do you know why fans aren't "as demanding as RE?" Because MGS is a stealth franchise and has stuck with that, making changes that are appropriate with being a stealth franchise.

To be fair, many fans didn't like MGS4 if I remember correctly even if it adhered to what MGS is. I created a topic a while back and some said MGS4 destroyed what the series had built up.

And hasn't Dead Space been on decline since the first game? In terms of sales and fan reception? I loved DS2 though.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."