if Capcom want win-win everyone in RE 6 why not make new resident evil ip ?

#141GoldsicklePosted 3/29/2014 2:42:38 AM
CobraSA posted...
read my post edit,

Of course you'll get additional sales if you port a game over and over after several months.

The list I posted puts more focus on how much a game sells on its original release, while listing future ports or special editions separately.

'Vanilla' RE5 & RE6 were able to sell a lot more within a few years, while the previous titles took several ports and had over a decade's worth of head start.

that re6 barely sold more than re2 at a time where the market is tremendously larger is actually the showcase of one huge failure

Doesn't change the fact that RE6 sold more than RE2.
Twist it, turn it, spin it however you want.
In Capcom's eyes, "RE6 sold more than RE2" and "RE5 is the best-selling title in the series".

Results speak louder than nitpicks.
---
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)
#142CobraSAPosted 3/29/2014 2:51:04 AM
so if you sale the same amount in a market which is now ten times larger, you have all the reasons to be satisfied? lol right, I guess you skipped some economy classes dude
---
The MUGEN ARCHIVE : http://mugen.the-chronicles.org
#143GoldsicklePosted 3/29/2014 3:01:30 AM
CobraSA posted...
so if you sale the same amount in a market which is now ten times larger, you have all the reasons to be satisfied?

Tell that to Capcom, not me.
See if they care.
---
#144Final LegionPosted 3/29/2014 3:16:40 AM
CobraSA posted...
so if you sale the same amount in a market which is now ten times larger, you have all the reasons to be satisfied? lol right, I guess you skipped some economy classes dude

The thing you're not understanding, which I explained previously in this thread, are the elements of sales, namely: stated desired sales goal, acceptable sales goal and actual sales to goal. That's how companies determine their success/failure. As I also explained, companies often alter those numbers on the fly in light of new market data, especially data concerning consumer trends and reactions.

RE6 had a desired sales goal of 7 million copies. When Capcom realized they had over-projected, they had to reevaluate and alter their sales plan. The new desired sales goal became 5 million copies although I would reckon that 5 million was actually the acceptable sales goal; they just bumped it a notch. In any case, Capcom hit that number and then some. They achieved their new goal and profited.

It's easy to think that, as you put it, "that re6 barely sold more than re2 at a time where the market is tremendously larger is actually the showcase of one huge failure"; however, you are only thinking in terms of units sold. RE6 could only be qualified as a 'huge failure' if it failed to generate an acceptable profit...which it didn't.
---
Please share if you can: http://www.gofundme.com/51e4zc
LOLZ: "I've been on these boards since Metroid Prime 2 buddy. I'm just warning you."-edward18
#145skermacPosted 3/29/2014 3:36:49 AM
Goldsickle posted...

How would you know?

I guess I wouldn't, but they haven't announced it publically for any game other than 6. They did say that both Zero and REmake undersold but didn't tell us if they lowered their sales forecast for those games. Every other game must have hit its sales mark though or if not they didn't say so.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#146GoldsicklePosted 3/29/2014 3:49:30 AM
skermac posted...
I guess I wouldn't, but they haven't announced it publically for any game other than 6. They did say that both Zero and REmake undersold but didn't tell us if they lowered their sales forecast for those games. Every other game must have hit its sales mark though or if not they didn't say so.

Then you wouldn't know.

The statement that "it only happens to RE6" is only an assumption.

And as pointed out many times, RE6 most likely still profited and all those articles about its "failure" are nothing more than exaggerations of the authors writing them.
---
#147skermacPosted 3/29/2014 4:02:28 AM
Actually Cobra brings up a good point Final. I wouldn't say the market is ten times bigger but there are a lot more gamers today than before and when you consider that it seems that RE6 should have done a lot better.

Also RE6 may not have sold more than 2 by the way. If you take a close look at Capcom's platinum page you can see it doesn't tell the whole story. They don't factor in sales from any version of a game that hasn't sold at least a million copies. There was a dual shock version of 2 released a few months later as well as several ports to other systems.
---
#148skermacPosted 3/29/2014 4:05:35 AM
Goldsickle posted...

Then you wouldn't know.

True but unless they've announced it somewhere I'm going to assume it hasn't happened. I can't read minds.
---
#149Final LegionPosted 3/29/2014 4:15:21 AM
Goldsickle posted...
skermac posted...

Then you wouldn't know.

And as pointed out many times, RE6 most likely still profited and all those articles about its "failure" are nothing more than exaggerations of the authors writing them.

The problem is that all the articles talking about RE6 being "failure" keep coming back to this single statement from Capcom:

"The flagship title Resident Evil 6 (for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360), despite recording brisk sales when it debuted, subsequently lost its momentum, resulting in the failure to achieve planned sales and fulfill its role as a driver of sales expansion," admitted the publisher.

While Capcom admits they failed to meet the planned sales goal, they didn't state, and never have stated, that RE6 was a failure for the company, period. Unfortunately, that's what a lot of people are taking away from these articles without any knowledge that this statement came prior to Capcom resetting their sales goal, a sales goal which they did succeed in achieving.

In short, you can't call RE6 a "failure" simply because of lack success in a single element.
---
LOLZ: "I've been on these boards since Metroid Prime 2 buddy. I'm just warning you."-edward18
#150Final LegionPosted 3/29/2014 4:23:34 AM
skermac posted...
Actually Cobra brings up a good point Final. I wouldn't say the market is ten times bigger but there are a lot more gamers today than before and when you consider that it seems that RE6 should have done a lot better.

By whose standard? If that's the case, why did they only set their sales goal at only 7 million when RE5 sold 6.5 million? Then there's the fact that there might be a lot more gamers but there's also a lot more game developers and games themselves than before. Not all of those gamers are going to like or even care about the RE series. An expanding gamer base does not automatically guarantee an expanding fan base for a given series.
---