do you think camera gonna be fix in next RE ?

#1171ravnPosted 3/26/2014 12:14:26 PM
Just did co-op campaign last night. Great examples? Leon's Chapter 3 with the Brzak's "Jaws" scene, and Jake's Chapter 1 where he's running from the helicopter (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-LH4iuk5oI @ 11m36s).

Funny thing, I had the exact problem I described above with the Brzak. Having not done campaign since finishing it forever ago on Amateur, actually kinda forgot about it. Swim toward land, swim away from Brzak (=looking back), swim toward land (after Helena shoots it off my back), swim away, swim toward land (right into zombie), shrug zombie off and swim toward lan-...sorry, false alarm -- SWIM AWAY FROM BRZAK.
#12iphan4ticPosted 3/28/2014 3:54:09 PM
What I didnt like about RE 6s camera/controls is that when you held the left stick down, instead of back peddling/walking backwards (an RE staple, also enforces the need for the classic quickturn) you turned round. But there was that weird little turning circle that made the whole thing feel really awkward. Particularly when you want to get into position for a contextual action.
---
PSN: LegendaryPLANK
Narcissistically opinionated.
#1371ravnPosted 3/28/2014 11:34:22 PM
iphan4tic posted...
What I didnt like about RE 6s camera/controls is that when you held the left stick down, instead of back peddling/walking backwards (an RE staple, also enforces the need for the classic quickturn) you turned round. But there was that weird little turning circle that made the whole thing feel really awkward. Particularly when you want to get into position for a contextual action.

They took out "Down (L3) +X" from RE5, and turns in RE6 are either bus-wide or loose-circular. I can from a realistic standpoint when running that your turns are gonna swing wide, but from that result from standstill? No. Compared to RE5 this is crap. RE5's movement precision was what made it fun -- you could run stages w/o getting hung up, whereas in RE6 you can't even do that.

I don't see it being too hard to use RE5's camera/movement controls as a base and add in the RE6 stuff like dodging/hurdling/etc.