Edonia level make me think did i play Resident Evil ?

#1gantaratPosted 4/2/2014 3:28:21 AM
i know Edonia Have Civil war problem but gameplay not feel like RE

Tall Oaks - GREAT (Leon)
Lanshiang - Ok (every campaign)
#2VioletSystemsPosted 4/3/2014 3:50:44 AM
Not just Edonia... RE5 even if it was on broad daylight was still better than any of the scenarios in RE6. That clusterf*** of a campaign and cast was just painful to go through.
---
KASG: kawaii anime school girl
http://goo.gl/h33Um4
#3sbn4Posted 4/3/2014 7:01:20 AM
Strangely, I feel Chris' campaign and the Edonia level is the best in the game. The other campaigns are pretty abysmal in comparison. I would have liked Leon's more if it were more like the subway and street section of the game. Chris' campaign is still not good, but at least it has a focus and is up front about it.

Edonia may not feel like RE, but nothing in this game does. I mean wtf is Ada and Jake's campaign supposed to even be? Its just a mish mash of bad ideas. But RE5 is definitely much better overall. I actually think the campaign is much better than people give it credit for.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#4parkourboybryanPosted 4/3/2014 8:44:24 AM
sbn4 posted...
Strangely, I feel Chris' campaign and the Edonia level is the best in the game. The other campaigns are pretty abysmal in comparison. I would have liked Leon's more if it were more like the subway and street section of the game. Chris' campaign is still not good, but at least it has a focus and is up front about it.

Edonia may not feel like RE, but nothing in this game does. I mean wtf is Ada and Jake's campaign supposed to even be? Its just a mish mash of bad ideas. But RE5 is definitely much better overall. I actually think the campaign is much better than people give it credit for.

Chris' campaign is great by action standards, and it succeeds seeing as that's what it was trying to do. I dislike Leon's the most because it was supposed to be "Horror", but it failed in all regards, though it still had some fun action moments.
---
Anxiously awaiting the next Mirror's Edge.
Waiting for the day Capcom makes a true Survival Horror Resident Evil game again.
#5sbn4Posted 4/3/2014 9:05:23 AM
Actually I disagree. By action standards its just mediocre. It has nothing on something like Gears of War 3 for instance. But I think for what its trying to do, its serviceable. People seem to automatically hate it because "omg geerz of war."

Leon's campaign starts off so well. Again, the subway/tunnel section is very good. But its actually just as outlandish if not more so than Chris' campaign after that (no idea why many don't see this).
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#6parkourboybryanPosted 4/3/2014 9:19:43 AM
Maybe great wasn't the word I should've used. It's good by action standards, but it won't provide the same experience that dedicated action games such as Left 4 Dead provide.

And I agree with you about Leon's game. If it didn't turn into Michael Bay Presents "28 Days Later" after the Subway, and had more puzzles with more exploring and less handholding (I'm talking to you HUD beacon), then it could've been great. Same thing goes for Ada. While her campaign wasn't great by any standards, if the last chapters played anything closely like the 1st two, then I would've enjoyed it much more.
---
Waiting for the day Capcom makes a true Survival Horror Resident Evil game again.
#7kalibre16Posted 4/4/2014 8:54:09 AM
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who played with the HUD off right from the get go (I discovered it in the demo)

Turning it off removes both the waypoints and health bars making the game feel a bit more immersive and makes you stay on your toes with health, (the only way to check it is to hit the guide button, u know the one that makes the screen blue) that takes me back to hitting pause to check my health

Also switching to a laser sight is a MUST for Resident Evil fans I'm sorry but that crosshair is just too distracting and wobbly

Last I would Recommend switching the controls to classic as it replace shooting with L1+R1 to R1+[] which may not be R1+X but its pretty close

Overall I enjoyed the hell out of this game and never understood the overwhelming hate towards it especially when IMO RE5 was much less varied and more boring to slug through but eh to each their own I suppose....
---
---
"A good essay is like a mini skirt its long enough to cover all the important stuff but still short enough to keep you interested"---
#8parkourboybryanPosted 4/4/2014 9:03:04 AM
Those are good ideas for changing the game, but changing the controls would be terrible with how agile the enemies are. Imagine playing RE2 if the enemies were as nimble as they are in this game.
---
#9kalibre16Posted 4/4/2014 11:13:42 AM
Well I've managed to get million scores with all characters on most of the maps solo and duo in mercenaries so its really not bad....the thing with this game is that shooting isn't really all that imperative its more about the melee (counters, CDG, sliding, stunning etc....)

but I suppose the controls is more of a preference, personally I prefer classic since thats how most RE's play but its up to the player I suppose

I actually haven't played this game in a while though so I wouldn't be surprised if I'm a bit rusty but I've been getting an itch for it lately but after spending 450+ hours since launch S-ranking everything there really isn't much incentive for me to go back.....u know other than helping some people out on either the campaign or mercs
---
---
"A good essay is like a mini skirt its long enough to cover all the important stuff but still short enough to keep you interested"---