Is everyone aware that OUTBREAK is back online???

#1tlcstormzPosted 4/3/2014 2:09:13 AM
I know that people complain on this board very often about "RE6 was not a true survival horror game", so that means that EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU is now playing Resident Evil Outbreak online again, right?

It truly is glorious and A LOT more conducive to online play, since voice chat can happen.

Look into it, plz. :+D
---
"As God's chosen people, clothe yourselves in compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, patience...Forgive others...And...LOVE!"
Colossians 3:12-14
#2VioletSystemsPosted 4/3/2014 3:44:33 AM
wish there was a server for the ps3
---
KASG: kawaii anime school girl
http://goo.gl/h33Um4
#3The 1 ExecutionerPosted 4/3/2014 6:11:47 AM
Possible with PS3/PS4? (Without PS Live)

If so how do you do this? Or is this has to be done using that JPN PS2 trick because I don't have a PS2 anymore.

Thanks and God bless.
---
http://www.youtube.com/the1executioner
#4edward18Posted 4/3/2014 6:21:07 AM
If I had a way to play the game still I would be.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#5sbn4Posted 4/3/2014 7:03:18 AM
I do have a PS2 now and both Outbreak games. I may look into playing these for the first time. I wasn't able to when they originally came out because I was in the Air Force at the time. :/
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#6parkourboybryanPosted 4/3/2014 8:40:56 AM
sbn4 posted...
I do have a PS2 now and both Outbreak games. I may look into playing these for the first time. I wasn't able to when they originally came out because I was in the Air Force at the time. :/

You'll have to have a Japanese PS2 to play online, as they haven't gotten any English servers running. Another option would be an Emulator with a translation patch.

Capcom just needs to re-release these games in "HD" with the servers back on with crossplay compatibility for Vita and PS4, and I'd never stop playing them then.
---
Anxiously awaiting the next Mirror's Edge.
Waiting for the day Capcom makes a true Survival Horror Resident Evil game again.
#7sbn4Posted 4/3/2014 9:06:59 AM
Oh damn. I had no idea. I guess I won't be playing it at all then. But I do agree that an HD re-release is in order. Though I doubt it would sell well enough for Capcom.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#8parkourboybryanPosted 4/3/2014 9:15:32 AM
sbn4 posted...
Oh damn. I had no idea. I guess I won't be playing it at all then. But I do agree that an HD re-release is in order. Though I doubt it would sell well enough for Capcom.

I think that Outbreak was one of those games that was "Ahead of its time". Now that the common era is all but completely focused on online in video games, having a "True Survival Horror" game with online co-op, and possibly splitscreen if it tickles their fancy, would sell well if advertised properly. Besides, it's not like Capcom's barebones upscaling treatments would take too much effort, so the game would probably have a good profit margin.

At $40-$50 (No one will buy an upscaled PS2 game at full price), they'd get 10 campaign missions, 6 minigames, dozens of unlocks, and plenty of replayability due to the different characters, endings, and possible routes through certain scenarios. I'd probably never stop playing it.
---
Waiting for the day Capcom makes a true Survival Horror Resident Evil game again.
#9edward18Posted 4/3/2014 9:19:48 AM
Personally I've never been into online gaming...or really even multiplayer for that matter. The most I've had is like Diddy Kong Racing and Super Smash Bros. against people sitting next to me.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#10parkourboybryanPosted 4/3/2014 9:26:55 AM
edward18 posted...
Personally I've never been into online gaming...or really even multiplayer for that matter. The most I've had is like Diddy Kong Racing and Super Smash Bros. against people sitting next to me.

Normally I'd agree with you, even more so considering the Genre we're discussing. But there was something magical about playing Outbreak online, and cooperating with 3 other players in the same interest to do something it's really difficult to do alone (Unless you're really good or use that cheap b**** Cindy's dodge anything ability). The scares of almost being chopped to death to have your teammate come out of nowhere to rescue you, or having a zombie get ready to deliver the final bite before he's blasted away by a shotgun out of nowhere, or even trying to pick a lock as fast as you can while your teammates hold off a giant elephant.

It's those things that made Outbreak so memorable for me, and it's why I think it's the only co-op game that actually nailed the "Survival Horror" aspect.
---