Is everyone aware that OUTBREAK is back online???

#21LeftiesRulePosted 4/4/2014 9:00:57 AM
skermac posted...
The originals weren't great sellers so the remakes would probably do worse.

I don't know about that, RE REMake did pretty well on sales wise and it got good reviews too.
---
Claire Redfield is the hottest female protagonist in the RE series/franchise.
#22parkourboybryanPosted 4/4/2014 9:10:06 AM
LeftiesRule posted...
skermac posted...
The originals weren't great sellers so the remakes would probably do worse.

I don't know about that, RE REMake did pretty well on sales wise and it got good reviews too.

He's talking about the Outbreak games. IIRC, 1 sold just over 1 million and 2 sold a little over 600k. But I do think that'd double in today's day and age of gaming.

And despite what some people say, REmake and RE0 sold great for their limitations. If you sell 1.25 Million on a console with 20 Million install base, that means that 6% of the people who had that console had that game. Now imagine that attach rate with an instal base of 150 million that the PS2 had, it would've sold 6-9 million. Attach rates count, especially when the console the game is released on sells so low. It had the same attach rate as RE5/6 did on PS360. The old school games will still sell, and there's still a market for them.
---
Anxiously awaiting the next Mirror's Edge.
Waiting for the day Capcom makes a true Survival Horror Resident Evil game again.
#23skermacPosted 4/4/2014 9:27:17 AM
parkourboybryan posted...
I said that earlier Skermac. Capcoms way of "HD-ifying" their games doesn't take much money.

Yeah but it's not just that. They would have to rewrite the netcode too.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#24tlcstormz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2014 10:20:25 AM
Glad to see this positive reception!!!!!!!

As far as HD-ing the games, I once heard that the pre-textured backgrounds (?) would not transfer to PS3.....or something like that? Same with REmake and Zero.
---
"As God's chosen people, clothe yourselves in compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, patience...Forgive others...And...LOVE!"
Colossians 3:12-14
#25parkourboybryanPosted 4/7/2014 12:57:56 PM
tlcstormz posted...
Glad to see this positive reception!!!!!!!

As far as HD-ing the games, I once heard that the pre-textured backgrounds (?) would not transfer to PS3.....or something like that? Same with REmake and Zero.

Outbreak isn't prerendered, and even if they were, they could be HD-ified.
---
Anxiously awaiting the next Mirror's Edge.
Waiting for the day Capcom makes a true Survival Horror Resident Evil game again.
#26LeftiesRulePosted 4/7/2014 3:22:29 PM
parkourboybryan posted...
Outbreak isn't prerendered, and even if they were, they could be HD-ified.

I'd love that!
---
Claire Redfield is the hottest female protagonist in the RE series/franchise.
#27skermacPosted 4/7/2014 8:45:52 PM
Have any of you got this working with PCSX2?
---
#28Cartwheel_KickPosted 4/8/2014 11:50:51 AM
I was so happy when I learned the server was online and you could access it with a ps2 emulator...

then I spent 2-3 insufferable hours trying to get it to work and gave up in frustration :/
it's so complicated
#29skermacPosted 4/9/2014 1:02:54 PM
Well I got winpcap working. That's a start at least.
---
#30skermacPosted 4/12/2014 6:32:08 PM
Well I managed to get online with a game. I thought I would try a game that still had an official server up first just to test it out and it worked. If I get Outbreak online I'll report back.
---