This game really would have benefited from... *Spoiler Warning JIC*

#1slapper1Posted 4/5/2014 5:37:31 AM
Better designed and more disturbing boss battles (including a proper Tyrant battle or two and no, Ustanak does not count) along with more orchestral pieces. There are a lot of things people can nitpick/complain about regarding RE6 but honestly some of the most standout issues for me were the boss fights (F***ing attack choppers? What is this DMC2?) and the games meh music selection. Capcom has been known for creating many fantastic and disturbing monsters/mutations in their career and it feels like such a waste to see how underwhelming the enemies were in RE6 (with the exception of Lluzija and Ustanak who were just throwbacks to earlier RE bosses).

Revelations for example actually had a proper Tyrant for a final boss and it was freaking awesome, so why the crappy boss selection in RE6? While I do give credit to Capcom for the many different mutations the C virus can produce, they all behave very similarly and little strategy is needed to take them down. Even later mutations do little to raise tension or make the enemies seem imposing in any way (even RE4 and RE5 had enemies that required you to switch up your strategies or weapon set-ups in order to properly take them down which in turn made them actually FEEL imposing/threatening. This overall feel of sameness and lack of threat is only increased by the game's extreme length between all four campaigns which makes fighting these enemies an absolute chore. Bleh...

In addition to the enemy issue, the music was heavily lacking in atmospheric tension and provided zero oomph at all. It just sounded rather generic and dull compared to many of the awesome tracks in previous RE games. Hell RE4, RE5, and RE Revelations all had some excellent tracks which really added tension or provided an epic buildup for a boss fight (especially RE5 with Winds of Madness and RE Revelations with Jack's final boss theme). Not once did any of the game's 23 boss fight music themes standout to me or pump me up in any way, and that's immensely sad considering Capcom's previous work on excellent boss themes (and yes, there really are 23 boss fight between all 4 campaign with a fair share of them being rehashes from a different character's perspective).

It may seem odd that I am focusing on bosses and music rather then the game's ridiculous story but honestly, nobody who plays Resident Evil expects a well written story (that being said RE6's story is still awful but I've certainly seen worse). Had these two elements been properly incorporated into the original game, I feel the other preexisting issues would have seemed less distracting or prevalent and the overall experience would have improved IMO. Just some observations I've made over the last year and a half of playing this game off and on.
---
Christmas sucks, end of story.
Currently OP8 on Borderlands 2.
#2edward18Posted 4/5/2014 7:24:58 AM
Revelations did not have a Tyrant.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#3slapper1(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2014 8:00:15 AM
^ Norman mutates into essentially a giant Tyrant (claw and all) once he overdoses on the T-Abyss virus. He may not be genetically designated a "Tyrant" but he has all of the qualities so I consider him one.
---
Christmas sucks, end of story.
Currently OP8 on Borderlands 2.
#4MonkeyKrazy07Posted 4/5/2014 8:12:15 AM
..what's done is done, Resident Evil 6 turned out to be a crappy game..let's just focus, and hope future games from this franchise will be a lot better, and stop dwelling in the past.
#5TurduckenPosted 4/5/2014 2:48:58 PM
Norman's absolutely a Tyrant.
---
THE FIGHT WILL CONTINUE, AS LONG AS THE AMERICA INSIDE MY HEART IS STILL ALIVE
#6gmoshierPosted 4/5/2014 7:20:32 PM(edited)
I actually liked RE 6's story and this game has a lot of replay value imo. Revelations was good too but it got stale really fast and its story was awful. The T-Abyss Norman fight was also one of the worst boss fights ever done in a video game on the infernal difficulty. Anyway, what's done is done now and let's focus on RE 7 for next gen!
---
http://psntl.com/user/view/gmoshier
Waiting: TWD episodes (PS3), Watch Dogs (PS4), The Evil Within (PS4), & Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4).
#7sbn4Posted 4/6/2014 2:32:32 AM
RE6 would be better if it had less hand holdy gameplay, rigid and linear design, poorly scripted "epic" events, actual gameplay, and actually focused on one thing.

Don't care what anyone says, RE4 and RE5 are great games because they had a focus. They may not be Resident Evil, and RE4 may have pretended to be horror, but they knew that they wanted to do, and they were better games for it.

RE6's campaigns suck because the few good things about the game are not allowed to shine (like the new controls and feature). This is why Mercenaries is the best part of the game. The game takes the reigns off and lets you play. Chris' had potential as you can tell the controls were meant for this kind of gameplay. The other campaigns are just terrible.

Also, I can't be the only one who hates the point of interest moments that force you to look at the point of interest.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#8GaullerPosted 4/6/2014 6:47:49 AM
Also, I can't be the only one who hates the point of interest moments that force you to look at the point of interest.

I hate the one in Chris chapter 5 with all the napads & snipers.
#9VioletSystemsPosted 4/6/2014 9:27:57 AM
sbn4 posted...
RE6 would be better if it had less hand holdy gameplay, rigid and linear design, poorly scripted "epic" events, actual gameplay, and actually focused on one thing.

Don't care what anyone says, RE4 and RE5 are great games because they had a focus. They may not be Resident Evil, and RE4 may have pretended to be horror, but they knew that they wanted to do, and they were better games for it.

RE6's campaigns suck because the few good things about the game are not allowed to shine (like the new controls and feature). This is why Mercenaries is the best part of the game. The game takes the reigns off and lets you play. Chris' had potential as you can tell the controls were meant for this kind of gameplay. The other campaigns are just terrible.

Yup. The crossover and clashing of events in this game is like a very very dumbed down version of GTA V.
---
KASG: kawaii anime school girl
http://goo.gl/h33Um4
#10skermacPosted 4/6/2014 4:18:25 PM
RE6 has one of the most boring boss fights in history. Helicopter, hold down firing button, fall asleep for 10 minutes, wake up, boss battle almost over.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive