People.... think this game... is good?

#1SoulScarePosted 4/25/2014 6:51:16 PM
I looked at the reviews and a lot of people are giving this game good credit... I need a Poll to happen right now, is RE6 good? I think it's the worst of the series, would gladly play Survivor then this game.
---
FC-2723-8932-4211
#2MonkeyKrazy07Posted 4/25/2014 6:58:49 PM
I don't think it's good at all, I'd give it a 3/10 at most..biggest disappointment in 2012 for me.
#3sbn4Posted 4/25/2014 7:46:41 PM
Game has its problems sure, but some of the people who come here and act like its worse than Superman 64. These people are blowing it out of proportion. At the very least, the game shows its strengths in its new control scheme in Mercenaries and Onslaught. Those two modes are pretty fun, the voice acting and Chris' campaign in general is pretty decent. Other than that, the game is pretty disappointing though.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#4slapper1Posted 4/25/2014 9:10:33 PM
When I first got the game, I thought it was pretty great. Then after the initial hype and excitement wore off I started to see it for what it really was, a massive f***ing chore to play. Every Campaign features some kind of ridiculous design choice which irritates me, and the boss fights are either too scripted or just plain insane in their design and not in a good way (Super Brundle Fly, attack choppers, f***ing dinosaurs... WTF?). Basically the game goes super overboard with it's action set pieces, the story is pathetic even for RE standards, characters are either unlikeable or just out right stupid, and it's huge length between the 4 campaigns makes it a chore to play through multiple times. To me, it's a 5/10 with Mercs and Agent Hunt being the only reason I still occasionally play it.
---
"Why the f*** would I kidnap my own son and pay for you f***ing r****** to find him, you psychotic b****?!
Currently OP8 on Borderlands 2.
#5ReceiverxWisdomPosted 4/25/2014 9:59:10 PM
RE6 is the epitome of a 'mindless' experience...it isn't in any form groundbreaking and it doesn't reinvent the wheel as hard as RE4 did. That's not to say it didn't have some unique qualities (the new movement system, dodges, ground combat and a more fast and fluid inventory system.) but there's too much wrong to justify the good (QTEs, the f***ing awful story, long polarizing campaigns, broken cover system, driving sections, spastic camera, etc)

I've played relatively worse games but all and all I would give this a 5/10, it's below average in my opinion.
---
R* Social Club ID: Ren_Operative
PSN: LatinChris_9990
#6Crimson_RexPosted 4/26/2014 2:57:37 AM
SoulScare posted...
I looked at the reviews and a lot of people are giving this game good credit... I need a Poll to happen right now, is RE6 good? I think it's the worst of the series, would gladly play Survivor then this game.

Worst in the series is a huge exaggeration. RE6 was and still is fun.
---
"I hate you. I'LL KILL YOU!" - Carla Radames
The Freelancer: I worship Frank West
#7kingstagPosted 4/26/2014 9:12:54 AM
Crimson_Rex posted...
Worst in the series is a huge exaggeration. RE6 was and still is fun.

I just played RE6 recently and to me it's easily the worst game in the main series. It's just so uninspired. I don't think it's a huge exaggeration to think someone might think it's the worst game at all.
#8IlDankoPosted 4/26/2014 10:48:34 AM
Worst in the series for me would be RE4.. Awful characters and horrible story..
---
Oppose and disagree, destroy demonocracy.
PSN: Dan21993
#9aniversaryPosted 4/26/2014 10:54:37 AM
i personally liked it. leon campaign was good. really liked some moments. chris campaign was ... not as good as leons but still good. jakes campaign i liked the least becaue i didnt like the characters. adas campaign was also very good. althought the last chapters werent so good anymore. i would rate them
1) leon
2) ada
3)chris
4)jake
controls i really liked them. QTES well i got through them but i dont want to see them again. sometimes i decide to play it again after few months. mercs suck in this game in my option. other modes are good. of course RE5 4 and revelations were both better i would give it 7.75/10
---
death by irony is always painful. tomb raider legend PSN ivalicekingdom
#10sbn4Posted 4/26/2014 11:21:56 AM
I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but what exactly is fun about Leon and Ada's campaigns? They are nothing but scripted moment after scripted moment, sprinkled heavily with QTEs, and rigid gameplay that doesn't give you any room to really play the game. Leon's campaign had potential, but its just marred with bad sections. Ada's was just really weird as it had no real focus just like Jake's.

I think the weakest overall game in the series is Revelations. The game is kind of bland, and even Raid mode gets boring quickly. Mercenaries in RE6 is a lot more fun to me. But I personally like something about every RE game.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."