New RE7 info

#1backup1011Posted 4/27/2014 6:14:09 PM
I got some new info on RE7 from “AdamWilde” via personal message from my other account yesterday. I dunno if some of you got his message, too. Reason why I created a new account for this post is because I don’t want a lot of people sending me a lot of messages via pm regarding this and my original account is already filled with unread messages.

So the info the “AdamWilde” sent me is similar from this post [http://www.helldescent.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=2067] but with new ones that was never shared from that forum. I guess it’s the most legit RE7 info I’ve read yet.

- Two campaigns confirmed so far.
- One campaign focuses on single player only while the other is co-op with its own story.
- The single player is a pure survival horror genre.
- The second campaign is more into survival action genre like RE4 [not as much as RE6].
- The main character in the first campaign is Henry, in a snowy environment somewhere in Europe.
- The two main characters in the second campaign are Phillip and Khalid, taking place in the Middle East called Althahbi.
- The story sets two years after RE6.
- Director Chris Redfield (and possibly the only returning RE character) is confirmed but as a guidance and is being contacted from the HQ.
- Each campaign has its own story, enemies and genre.
- So far for Henry’s story, he was in the helicopter crash after trying to escape from the government when he found out about their mission to launch missiles and bio-weapons at almost all of the European countries.
- And as for Phillip and Khalid’s story, they’re trapped in the city after they lost all of their men.
- The main antagonist for Henry’s campaign is a female character but that’s all we know so far.
- Nothing is mentioned on who is or are the antagonists for the second campaign.
- Gamplay is similar to Dead Space and The Last Of Us but with some action controls like dodging and melee attack from RE6 are back.
- Players can finally close and lock [some] doors from zombies to give the players more time to equip necessary weapons and combining herbs before the doors break down.
- Zombies can jump up into the ducts and come out from the player’s location.
- We don’t know how the inventory will look like.
- Henry’s campaign will include puzzles to solve while the second campaign will not.
- The reason why Capcom created new main characters is because previous characters like Leon and the rest are pretty much over and said that their stories may continue as CG movies or manga. The new trilogy gives them opportunities to create new stories and even new characters like Henry, who never faced any bio weapons, is the perfect chance for them to create a survival horror in the latest installment of Resident Evil.
- They’re trying to have each campaign’s lengths two times longer [around 16 hours] than RE5’s [8 hours].
- The game is expected to release by the end of this year.

Well that’s all we know about the rumored RE7. I guess Capcom will finally announce the game this E3.
#2SSJ_JinPosted 4/27/2014 6:26:56 PM
This is the same thing as the other topic where a guy had a "friend," no? This caught my eye though:

The reason why Capcom created new main characters is because previous characters like Leon and the rest are pretty much over and said that their stories may continue as CG movies or manga

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m13r909WcA1r4my8ko1_500.gif
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#3Hewie3Posted 4/27/2014 7:03:41 PM
I can't buy this. It seems like a widespread rumor. The fact that are no playable female characters also seems unlikely as does the scenario supposedly in the middle east that seems to bite off of the epilogue of 6 & removing Jake.
---
PSN ID: LeonHart32
#4BasementDudePosted 4/27/2014 7:47:20 PM
i'm going to be in it. hasn't been confirmed if i'm a protagonist or antagonist or just some random nude guy running around
---
number of e-huggies received today: 1
number of e-huggies wanted daily: 1,000,000 total e-huggies received: 448,489,486
#5edward18Posted 4/27/2014 8:06:10 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#6edward18Posted 4/27/2014 8:06:21 PM
Basically it all boils down to "oh, Wesker's dead...for some reason that means the series is over now...even though he's just some random bad guy we just randomly brought back from the dead for shock value and that we put way too much emphasis on after his ressurection".

The new trilogy gives them opportunities to create new stories and even new characters like Henry, who never faced any bio weapons, is the perfect chance for them to create a survival horror in the latest installment of Resident Evil.

Which they won't do.

- They’re trying to have each campaign’s lengths two times longer [around 16 hours] than RE5’s [8 hours].

Why?

- The game is expected to release by the end of this year.

And that's one of the main reasons that it will suck. They shove things out as fast as possible without allowing the team to touch up on the title before it hits the shelves. It'll just be another piece of **** that is pretty much a beta (seriously, 6 has no beta. Wth?), promises to be a survival horror without realizing what the classics were like causing it to fall flat-on-its-face, and is gonna be Capcom once again trying to be hip and contradicting what they promise to do to begin with.

Well that’s all we know about the rumored RE7. I guess Capcom will finally announce the game this E3.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#7sbn4Posted 4/27/2014 9:54:16 PM
Using completely brand new characters makes it sound hard to believe. Making Leon (a huge money maker) as a movie only character would be a bone headed decision on Capcom's part. I'd like to think even Capcom is not that dumb.

But I can believe the two campaigns and Chris being a director, and few other things. But I still won't believe it until I hear an official word from Capcom.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#8slapper1Posted 4/27/2014 11:03:18 PM
I'm not believing anything until Capcom makes an official statement at E3 or whatever game event they promote the next RE and I'll probably be disappointed anyway lol.
---
"Why the f*** would I kidnap my own son and pay for you f***ing r****** to find him, you psychotic b****?!
Currently OP8 on Borderlands 2.
#9CPU-ZPosted 4/27/2014 11:30:23 PM
So you get information from a guy from another site sent directly to you, and admit to creating a new account just to post it on here? That's the obvious back out card almost all "leakers" use to abandon their alt account and return to their main account with no harm done to their anonymity. The rest sounds so bad that I dunno if Capcom even has the gall to do it after the large RE6 reception backlash.
#10PapawashPosted 4/27/2014 11:49:01 PM
Okay I hope Henry is cute.
---
Like my facebook fanpage! https://www.facebook.com/pages/papa-wash/108953149133645