New RE7 info

#11NewsBotPosted 4/28/2014 2:23:42 AM
edward18 posted...
- Except that Ada and Leon was never resolved or even progressed, The Organization's still out there as arguably the biggest threat in the entire franchise by this point, Claire has not taken part in anything significant than Code Veronica, Steve is still with The Organization, Nicholai's still at large, Hunk hasn't been heard from in a canonical tale since 2, Billy wandered off and was never seen again when his story could easily provide more ACTUAL plot for Progenitor and such, Jill would be more interesting than ever with her regrets of what she was forced to do in 5, and various other things that have endless potential for story but that Capcom refuses to touch. Sherry's inclusion in 6 is evidence enough of that.

The more I see you post, the more it becomes apparent that you really don't know what you're talking about. Normally I'd leave it but I dislike misinformation.

1) The rival company of Umbrella no longer exists. It collapsed between BIO4 and BIO5.

2) Steve is dead. Always has been since CODE:Veronica. There was never any intention of bringing him back. Wesker could since the G-Virus can revive the dead, but it was never on the table at any point.

3) The Progenitor Virus was not discovered in Africa at the time BIO0 was written. Billy never had any connection with it. Africa's a big place. Silly as hell when people try to force a connection like that.

4) "The Organization" is not a name in the series. Capitalizing it is just goofy.

5) Nikolai may or may not be alive. It is irrelevant. He will never appear in a main series game again. That's a stipulation of his very existence, likewise with Carlos, Billy and the Outbreak characters.

6) HUNK was originally planned to have a game to himself, but that was cancelled. Jill was also meant to have another game to herself, a sequel to BIO3 for the Gameboy Advance. That too was cancelled. That's just what happens when you have an expansive universe and there is a focus on creating new ideas.

You're right that the series has endless potential in terms of story. You just don't know a lot about the story and it gets kinda groan-worthy when you pretend to.
#12Hewie3Posted 4/28/2014 4:37:29 AM(edited)
I'll just be honest & say that if I see Leon, Chris, or Jill in that trailer (the E3 announcement) I might not even watch the whole thing.

Though, Jill COULD be interesting post RE5 but they never do anything with her character.

Leon & Chris are just overdone at this point, not to mention I was never a Leon fan.
---
PSN ID: LeonHart32
#13good_tobiPosted 4/28/2014 5:40:04 AM
reminds me of couple of years ago where similar things happened regarding Naruto.

We will just have to wait for E3, anyway if any of these are true why don't they just make a brand new game and put an end to RE?
---
Don't need sharingan to see this.
#14IlDankoPosted 4/28/2014 5:50:45 AM
That information is false, the friend of an uncle of the cousin of my stepbrother who works on capcom says so...
---
Oppose and disagree, destroy demonocracy.
PSN: Dan21993
#15edward18Posted 4/28/2014 6:32:57 AM
1) The rival company of Umbrella no longer exists. It collapsed between BIO4 and BIO5.

Which makes no god damn sense. They're who Ada worked for. They were Umbrella's direct rivals and had in their possession everything in the series. They're who Ada betrays Wesker for giving them the REAL Plagas sample. Yet in 5 Wesker's somehow acquired it through Irving apparently.

2) Steve is dead. Always has been since CODE:Veronica.

Same as Wesker in 1.

There was never any intention of bringing him back. Wesker could since the G-Virus can revive the dead, but it was never on the table at any point.

Wesker does not have G. Never did. And it was teased that he might be able to come back. That's more than Wesker got when he was killed.

3) The Progenitor Virus was not discovered in Africa at the time BIO0 was written. Billy never had any connection with it. Africa's a big place. Silly as hell when people try to force a connection like that.

Never said it was discovered then. Just saying there could be a connection made if they wanted to. That's a hell of a lot more than can be said for the other characters and would give Billy more of a personal stake in the overall story.

4) "The Organization" is not a name in the series. Capitalizing it is just goofy.

That's the only thing we have to call it.

5) Nikolai may or may not be alive. It is irrelevant. He will never appear in a main series game again. That's a stipulation of his very existence, likewise with Carlos, Billy and the Outbreak characters.

Nicholai is stated to be alive in Survivor and 5. And we have no way of knowing who will appear until they do.

6) HUNK was originally planned to have a game to himself, but that was cancelled. Jill was also meant to have another game to herself, a sequel to BIO3 for the Gameboy Advance. That too was cancelled. That's just what happens when you have an expansive universe and there is a focus on creating new ideas.

Or when you're Capcom.

You're right that the series has endless potential in terms of story. You just don't know a lot about the story and it gets kinda groan-worthy when you pretend to.

How don't I know a lot about the story?
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#16GoldsicklePosted 4/28/2014 6:51:32 AM
IlDanko posted...
That information is false, the friend of an uncle of the cousin of my stepbrother who works on capcom says so...

Unlike a lot of ignorant fools you find stinking up Resident Evil-themed forums, Newsbot actually does exclusive interviews with Resident Evil staff members, where they discuss in-depth information that you won't find in any other sites.

Exclusive interviews, archived interviews and translations from Japanese media that aren't localized in English are all available in Project Umbrella:
http://projectumbrella.net/

Normally, I'd ask people to provide citations for their claims but knowing Newsbot, he is a walking citation.
---
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)
#17NewsBotPosted 4/28/2014 6:56:01 AM
1) Ada did not work for Umbrella's rival company, at least not truthfully. She infiltrated that company under the orders of an organization she actually worked for (which is Chinese, but that's all I can say right now). Ada was ordered to infiltrate the "B.O.W. underworld", which included Umbrella and their rival company. She spied on both companies for her Chinese employers.

2) Wesker was never dead in BIO1. His fate was intentionally left ambiguous for future writers (for example, when you find him in the power room seemingly dead, he's actually unconscious, but the goofy translator decided to change that to "he's dead" on-the-spot). Those future writers just so happened to feel that having him killed and revived better suited the themes they were promoting in the story at the time, namely superhumans. The same simply cannot happen for Steve without being nonsense. His fate was never ambiguous and it has been over 10 years.

3) It would be one of the most forced, irrational connections imaginable. Billy is an incidental character. He does not need to be important and there is no feasible connection to BIO5 except "lol Africa."

4) "Umbrella's rival company" is all you need.

5) Nikolai is not said to be alive in either of those games. He writes two segments of a file in GS, but the final entry (the only one post-Raccoon) is written by a B.O.W. Development Team chief scientist. http://projectumbrella.net/articles/Report-After-Raccoon-Citys-Collapse BIO5's timeline only says that Barry rescued Jill, but that doesn't exclude the possibility of Jill blowing Nikolai to pieces. His fate is ambiguous and he will never be featured outside of a Raccoon City scenario.

6) It's not a CAPCOM thing. Almost every video game development company has scrapped games or material.

How don't you know a lot? Look at the things I have to correct you on. This isn't just a one-off occurrence of sudden nonsense-spewing, either.
#18edward18Posted 4/28/2014 7:02:51 AM
1) Ada did not work for Umbrella's rival company, at least not truthfully.

...yes she did...she was one of their top operatives...she's who she betrays Wesker for in 4 after Wesker betrays them.

She infiltrated that company under the orders of an organization she actually worked for (which is Chinese, but that's all I can say right now).

the **** are you on about?

Ada was ordered to infiltrate the "B.O.W. underworld", which included Umbrella and their rival company. She spied on both companies for her Chinese employers.

And where the hell are you getting any of that from?

2) Wesker was never dead in BIO1. His fate was intentionally left ambiguous for future writers (for example, when you find him in the power room seemingly dead, he's actually unconscious, but the goofy translator decided to change that to "he's dead" on-the-spot). Those future writers just so happened to feel that having him killed and revived better suited the themes they were promoting in the story at the time, namely superhumans.

There were no superhumans other than possibly Alexia and him back then. And he was dead. They just decided to bring him back. Originally, for no explanation, the final boss of 2 was going to have his face on its tail.

The same simply cannot happen for Steve without being nonsense. His fate was never ambiguous and it has been over 10 years.

It was much more potential to come back than Wesker ever had.

3) It would be one of the most forced, irrational connections imaginable.

Like hell it would.

Billy is an incidental character. He does not need to be important and there is no feasible connection to BIO5 except "lol Africa."

Who said connection to 5? And who said he NEEDED it? I'm saying the potential is there and could easily be used by Capcom to make things that ACTUALLY MATTERED more interesting.

4) "Umbrella's rival company" is all you need.

Which is The Organization.

5) Nikolai is not said to be alive in either of those games.

...yeah he is. The notes clearly show that.

He writes two segments of a file in GS, but the final entry (the only one post-Raccoon) is written by a B.O.W. Development Team chief scientist. http://projectumbrella.net/articles/Report-After-Raccoon-Citys-Collapse BIO5's timeline only says that Barry rescued Jill, but that doesn't exclude the possibility of Jill blowing Nikolai to pieces. His fate is ambiguous and he will never be featured outside of a Raccoon City scenario.

And again, we won't know until he appears.

6) It's not a CAPCOM thing.

It is a hell of a lot more than just being a video game company. They're one of the most ****ed up video game companies there are compared to what they used to be.

Almost every video game development company has scrapped games or material.

That's obvious.

How don't you know a lot? Look at the things I have to correct you on. This isn't just a one-off occurrence of sudden nonsense-spewing, either.

I fail to see where you've corrected me. We both clearly have knowledge of the series but come to different conclusions.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#19King_LuddPosted 4/28/2014 7:21:50 AM
edward18 posted...
We both clearly have knowledge of the series but come to different conclusions.

He knows Hell a lot more than you do, since he actually does interviews with members who worked on Resident Evil/Bio Hazard, as well as translated RE-related media from Japan that didn't get released in the States.
#20NewsBotPosted 4/28/2014 7:29:24 AM(edited)
1) Pay attention now because it's clear you've lost track. Ada is an independent contractor, an agent employed by a certain Chinese group. As a contractor, she is hired by several other organizations and individuals. This includes Simmons, Wesker, the rival company, and many we don't know about. She approached the rival company at the request of her true employers, then infiltrated Umbrella at the rival company's request. BIO4 is the story of a power struggle between Wesker and the rival company's leaders, who saw Wesker as a threat that would "burn the organization from within." In the end, that is exactly what happens. Wesker assumes leadership after BIO4 and eventually drives the company to ruin, at which point he joins TRICELL, who Ada also spies on (notice a pattern yet?).

I can't say a lot about Ada's true organization, other than the fact that they're Chinese. That is a heavily NDA'd topic. You'll have to wait for future games. In regards to the "B.O.W. underworld" reference, try going through BIO6's files.

"Information's come in that Wesker has been killed following a battle with the BSAA. In order to fulfill my true purpose, the period I was in league with him wasn't short. I'm not sad, but in regards to such a powerful existence vanishing, I can't deny that I just have a slightly empty feeling.
I infiltrated the B.O.W. underworld, and the death of Wesker, who had taken the lead in that hegemony, will repaint the pictures of various forces regardless of side. For the time being, The Family led by Simmons requires attention."

The "underworld" refers to all groups involved with B.O.W.s. Ada went through all of them for her Chinese organization.

2) Wrong. Superhumans were a major component of the storyline from the very first game. Wesker's plan in BIO1 was to steal the t-Virus, the ultimate retrovirus, and use it to enact the mass-extinction and forced evolution of the human race. That does sound familiar because that's essentially what he finally attempts to do in BIO5, with some added character development such as the inflated God complex he didn't have until after killing Spencer. In BIO2, the G-Virus was designed by Birkin for the purpose of acting as a tool to evolve the whole of humanity, without a mass-extinction. This is the reason Spencer approved its development; Spencer himself wanted to use the Progenitor Virus to evolve mankind but with himself as an all-powerful God figure. However, the virus could not adapt to modern humans, so he promoted development of the t-Virus to correct that. The virus Wesker injects himself with is an experimental result of that research, while the G-Virus is more advanced.

3) Yes it would, please stop acting like a child about it.

4) "The Organization" is never referred to as such in the series. It's wrong, and not a name. The word "organization" is never used as a name in the series, only a colloquial reference, much in the same way you'd refer to Microsoft as an "organization." Capitalizing it is never going to stop being goofy. But if you want to look that way, be my guest.

5) You should try reading once in a while. Nikolai's entries are dated before the day he dies. That's intentional, because they wanted his fate to be left ambiguous and FLAGSHIP did not want him to appear in a main game, since BIO3 was originally a gaiden not written by them. However, references to him pre-death are fine, hence that file and references to him in other side-story titles. He will never appear or be referenced in a post-Raccoon context. It is irrelevant whether he is dead or not, and completely moot to attempt to argue about it.

6) Yeah, save the CAPCOM complaining for someone who cares.

Sorry, these aren't matters of "different conclusions." You're flat-out wrong.