New RE7 info

#241edward18Posted 6/6/2014 10:07:19 AM
How does it not make sense that he was able to?

Because he betrayed his former employer. Because he's trying to get his hands on any viral agent he can. Because he works under their noses in a way that should be obvious. The higher-ups shouldn't have let him get anywhere near the position he got.

He was working toward that very goal for several years. The t-Virus? Promoted. Hunter data? Promoted. The G-Virus? Promoted. t-Veronica? Promoted. Umbrella data? Promoted. Plaga? Promoted-- becomes leader. Pretty natural progression.

Except that they should've never promoted him anywhere near that much with how he is.

You knew he got sent the fake one? So why, pray tell, did you say...

Except with the Plaga it seemed to me like he was striking out on his own keeping the real sample for himself and sending the fake one to the Rival Company.

Because that was his PLAN. Even if it didn't happen, that's what he was attempting.

...this? The polar opposite. If it's another simple mistake, that's fine.

Part mistake for not labeling it correctly, part me being angry, part me pointing out what I find stupid.

So to sum up: nothing you've claimed as "stupid" is actually... stupid.

What's stupid and what's not is opinion.

You worked up these nonsensical expectations and are mad that they didn't happen.

EXACTLY.

That says more about you than it does of the writing.

...how?
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#242NewsBotPosted 6/6/2014 10:20:50 AM
Wesker was originally trying to become the leader of Umbrella, too. He only betrayed Umbrella when it become obvious that Spencer would kill him at a moment's notice.

The rival company's higher-ups couldn't do anything. The same situation happens in Umbrella. Why do you think Marcus even bothered going against Spencer? Because if he produced results, promotion was inevitable. Why did Alexander Ashford bother making clones? To gain more power within Umbrella. Why did Mylene Beardsley make a new virus? To take power from Spencer. Spencer can't stop these people from gaining power if faced with their undeniable results. He could kill them! ...but who could kill Wesker? Why did Umbrella USA and Umbrella Europe have a results-based rivalry? Because he who produced the best results held the most power in the company. More power, more money.

There is no reason why they shouldn't promote him. Why do figures like Hitler get so powerful? People let them, often because they present a benefit to them. The rival company eventually realized that Wesker was a threat and made plans to undermine him, but it was too late.

Wesker was attempting to be send the rival company a fake Plaga? Wrong. This is neither mentioned nor inferred anywhere. It's the rival company who sent him a fake one.

In the end, your opinion is wrong and you're not relying on any sort of logic.
#243edward18Posted 6/6/2014 10:31:12 AM
Wesker was originally trying to become the leader of Umbrella, too.

Which also sounds stupid to me, but kay. That's fine.

He only betrayed Umbrella when it become obvious that Spencer would kill him at a moment's notice.

...alright?

The rival company's higher-ups couldn't do anything.

...don't give him the ****ing promotions.

The same situation happens in Umbrella. Why do you think Marcus even bothered going against Spencer?

Because he saw Spencer as someone that wouldn't let anyone get near his level.

Because if he produced results, promotion was inevitable. Why did Alexander Ashford bother making clones? To gain more power within Umbrella. Why did Mylene Beardsley make a new virus? To take power from Spencer. Spencer can't stop these people from gaining power if faced with their undeniable results.

...yeah he could...he's the boss...but it's easier to kill them so that he has less competition.

He could kill them! ...but who could kill Wesker?

...Hunk...Nicholai...some random operative...Wesker isn't this great be-all-end-all of Resident Evil, especially back then. He was a skilled combatant and a top researcher, but he was still just a guy back then.

Why did Umbrella USA and Umbrella Europe have a results-based rivalry? Because he who produced the best results held the most power in the company. More power, more money.

...alrighty...now what was the point of you saying all that?

There is no reason why they shouldn't promote him.

Except for the threat he provided. And if not, they could simply have him killed like Umbrella likely would have eventually. And before you ask "who could do it?", this is the company that steals from Umbrella. They stayed up-to-date on EVERYTHING pretty much. They make their own B.O.W.s. They could find a way. I highly doubt Wesker could kill a Nemesis or a G-Mutant, especially without destroying an entire facility or something. It might be tough for them to kill him, but with even T-Veronica at their disposal there is no doubt in my mind they could find a way to kill Wesker.

Why do figures like Hitler get so powerful?

Cause people in power are being stupid and (in Hitler's case) he had enough support from his fellow people.

People let them, often because they present a benefit to them. The rival company eventually realized that Wesker was a threat and made plans to undermine him, but it was too late.

No. No it ****ing wasn't. They're in charge. Not him. Don't give him the ****ing promotion. He hands over some new thing for them and they go "Kay...thanks dude. Back to work" instead of "oh, we know you're gonna have us killed or backstab us or manipulate us in some way, so here's THE STUFF YOU NEED FOR THAT".

Wesker was attempting to be send the rival company a fake Plaga? Wrong. This is neither mentioned nor inferred anywhere. It's the rival company who sent him a fake one.

Kay.

In the end, your opinion is wrong and you're not relying on any sort of logic.

And in my opinion 4-onwards storywise is complete **** that shouldn't be part of the series to begin with.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
#244PhoenixeaterPosted 6/6/2014 10:38:46 AM
Newsbot, arguing with people like edward18 is like arguing with a baby or a brick wall. I suggest not even replying to him unless you enjoy losing your hair.
#245edward18Posted 6/6/2014 10:41:05 AM
Believe me, he's got a lot more patience and maturity than you. He ain't gonna just fume over someone debating with him.

Now people, I gotta get going soon so I might not respond. Have to go to work and will be there til midnight.
---
#246NewsBotPosted 6/6/2014 10:41:30 AM
The writers sum it up as so:

Umbrella Corp is always seeking to commercialize stronger and more efficient B.O.W.s. The organization places heavy emphasis on results, and the division that contributes the most gains the largest voice within the company.

The rival company works the exact same way.

Wesker gave the rival company enough to allow them to completely surpass Umbrella. That gives them more power and money. Thus they have a reason to keep Wesker on board, considering they are unaware of his ulterior plans. He strengthens the organization, so they promote him.

...Hunk...Nicholai...some random operative...Wesker isn't this great be-all-end-all of Resident Evil, especially back then. He was a skilled combatant and a top researcher, but he was still just a guy back then.

Wrong. Superhuman Wesker and the rival company were written at the exact same time. He was superhuman when he joined the company. Nobody could kill him. He would paint the floor, walls and ceiling with HUNK and Nikolai's blood if they ever attempted.

The rival company did not become aware of the threat posed by Wesker until BIO4 when they noticed his interactions with another company (TRICELL). His plans were a secret to everyone, including them. Why would they use something against him when they had no reason to, and while he was, as already stated, making things better for them?

Seriously, you're really not getting anywhere with this nonsense of yours.
#247edward18Posted 6/6/2014 10:49:41 AM

Wrong. Superhuman Wesker and the rival company were written at the exact same time. He was superhuman when he joined the company. Nobody could kill him. He would paint the floor, walls and ceiling with HUNK and Nikolai's blood if they ever attempted.

First off, no. He wouldn't just automatically beat everyone. That's just the writers trying to make him into this stupid god of a character. He's just another product of the viral legacy like all the other monsters. If someone like Chris can eventually kill him, someone else could also.

Secondly, I highly doubt they were made at the same time. That would imply he was made to be superhuman back when 1 was around, which would not at all be the case. He was just some guy that gets killed back then. They did not have it planned out at all from the beginning. They may have tried attempting to bring him back in 2's beta, but that certainly wasn't being a superhuman when he was a FACE on the tail of the "final boss" of the time. He was made into a superhuman while 3 and Code Veronica were in development.

I am firmly convinced that anyone that's interviewed and spouts out crap like him being thought up as superhuman all the way back to 1, let alone 2, are just ****ing lying and pulling a George Lucas. And there's no way for you to disprove that. You got your "facts" and crap, but I got common sense, analyzation, and suspicions down to Shinji himself.

The rival company did not become aware of the threat posed by Wesker until BIO4 when they noticed his interactions with another company (TRICELL). His plans were a secret to everyone, including them. Why would they use something against him when they had no reason to, and while he was, as already stated, making things better for them?

Because they're the bosses. The instant they suspected something they should've dropped everything and halted his progression.

Seriously, you're really not getting anywhere with this nonsense of yours.

Yeah yeah. Now I gotta get to work. Dad'll be on the computer in a few minutes and I'm gonna be getting ready.

Thank god he's getting his computer fixed this weekend x_x

...now if only we could kick my brother out again...it'd be all mine again...
---
#248NewsBotPosted 6/6/2014 11:00:17 AM(edited)
He would automatically beat anyone. Chris needed help from an open plane, a volcano and rockets to kill him.

They were made at the same time. The rival company didn't exist in BIO1. He was actually planned to come back as a normal person in BIO2, but it was rejected in place of him coming back as a superhuman in CV. The rival company actually came slightly after the decision to put him in CV.

You lack any common sense at all judging from your responses here, so don't pull that lame "they're lying" excuse just because you're butthurt over being wrong.

The rival company attempted to halt his progression by using Ada to betray him and send the dominant Plaga to them instead. The plan simply failed because Wesker managed to recover another anyway and used that to usurp the top brass.
#249KingTGPPosted 6/6/2014 11:12:39 AM
edward18 posted...
Believe me, he's got a lot more patience and maturity than you. He ain't gonna just fume over someone debating with him.

Now people, I gotta get going soon so I might not respond. Have to go to work and will be there til midnight.

*Then responds 8 minutes after*

Lol sorry.. Wasn't trying to get into this but I just couldn't resist pointing that out xD.
---
PSN - iTzKingTGP (I don't use slang in messages. Strange I know lol.)
3DS FC : 3797 - 7696 - 4162
#250kanto_wandererPosted 6/6/2014 11:28:34 AM
Are we expecting an official unveil at E3 next week?