New RE7 info

#31NewsBotPosted 4/28/2014 10:05:32 AM
We have never been given information on what Wesker injected. All we know is that it has a 70% chance of bringing the host back to life with enhanced musculatory and respiratory systems, a 20% of just bringing them back to life, and a 10% chance of leaving them dead. And it might be what Sergei used on himself to transform. Other than that literally no information has been given on the damn thing.

Wrong again. We've been told that Wesker was injected with a variant strain of the Progenitor Virus. Do you know the general term for any variant of the Progenitor Virus? t-Virus. From that standpoint, it is both Progenitor and "t", but also distinct. Sergei just injected himself with the regular mass-produced t-Virus.

And again, we won't know if he'll appear again until it happens.

Except we've been explicitly told that it won't. Keep dreaming though.

The t-Virus, G-Virus, t-Veronica and Uroboros Virus were each used for several purposes. The manufacture of biological weapons, and the evolution of humanity. Results were never achieved with the t-Virus, which is why the G-Virus (which is a mutant strain of the t-Virus) was developed. The entire concept of Bio Organic Weapons was devised AFTER the Progenitor Virus was discovered, not before. What do you think their intention with the virus was before then? B.O.W.s were just a tool of funding for everyone involved. Spencer, Wesker, Birkin, Marcus, Ashford, etc. They were not the primary focus of their virus research.
#32edward18Posted 4/28/2014 10:48:12 AM(edited)
Reading Helps

And yet you say I act like a child.

Reading helps. BIO5's files. Ricardo Irving was an informant to Ada. http://projectumbrella.net/articles/Patricks-Memoirs-3

Which makes no sense considering Ada betrays Wesker at the end of 4.

Wesker and Ada had a business relationship unhindered by emotions. They respected each other. Wesker never hated her. Also; they continued to work together after BIO4. Wesker never betrayed the rival company, he simply bested them.

Alrighty...fine, I've decided to relook up some stuff and let's validate some things. Me calling it "The Organization" is just fine as that's what it's been called and that's the only name we have to go on:

It wasn't easy, but I'd say the mission was a success. Getting my hands on the sample was my initial objective, after all... but I've sent Wesker a different present, just as the Organization ordered. Pretending to work with him was entertaining.

Now then, if Wesker still worked with the Organization there'd be no point in sending him a fake sample as he WORKS WITH THEM. But he no longer does as of 4. Which is something that 5 just completely glossed over and contradicted. It's a better story than 4 without a doubt, but that ain't sayin' much. And now that I know 6 is just shoving in all this contradictory crap also I am more at odds than ever with Capcom.

Wrong again.

No I ain't.

Wesker's ultimate goal was to cause mass-extinction and forced evolution.

That was his goal in 5, not 1.

In order to achieve that goal, he needed something capable of it. The t-Virus was capable, but needed improvement to be stable for that purpose.

But he didn't wanna do that back then.

Wesker desired to join Umbrella's rival company and assume control of it in order to acquire the resources necessary to achieve that goal.

No, he wanted to join them because he was a greedy bastard. There was no great grand scheme other than "defecting Umbrella and betraying S.T.A.R.S." that he had back in 1. He just wanted power over anything he could get and knew that the viral agent Birkin provided him with MIGHT give him that chance. He had no idea about "evolution of humanity" or anything, just suspicions about what Spencer might be up to from what we hear in the Wesker Report.

The G-virus project was to take this mutation to highest point possible.

But this could lead to the ultimate life form or it could end in disaster.

…could this be called a weapon?

What was Spencer thinking when he authorized this project?

Even when I moved to the secret service, I still couldn't find out what Spencer was really thinking during these 4 years.

He had a goal to get as much power as he could and what-not, but wiping out humanity and stuff was not Wesker's agenda from the beginning. It was Spencer's.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#33edward18Posted 4/28/2014 10:47:53 AM
To join it, he needed "gifts." The Tyrant was not only the ultimate B.O.W., but was capable of being used to spread the t-Virus worldwide. Thus it was vital to Wesker's ultimate plan.

No it wasn't. Hell, T wasn't even said to be used in Ouroboros. All we know that was in Ouroboros was Progenitor and Jill's T-Virus Antibodies.

And how would Tyrant spread T worldwide?...

You barely know what anything was about. For the record, this all comes from BIO1's writer, Kenichi Iwao. The "final" product of BIO1 was only 50% complete, so much of the story is omitted. However, it is still "canon" or whatever term you want to use.

AKA: We're pulling a George Lucas in case this gets big.

Reading helps.

You know...this will likely make people get irritated with you if you do this when you talk to them.

"This virus could not be applied to modern humans, but then the t-Virus was created during a process of adaptation. However, while the t-Virus could cause mutations, mutated beings could not thrive as a species (they were sterile), so there was no effective means other than to grow biological weapons through cloning. There is also a t-Virus like t-Veronica, improved for the purpose of making oneself superhuman. So, in order to transcend the t-Virus, Dr. William Birkin developed the G-Virus..."

And where did you get that from? Certainly not 1.

Wrong again. We've been told that Wesker was injected with a variant strain of the Progenitor Virus. Do you know the general term for any variant of the Progenitor Virus? t-Virus. From that standpoint, it is both Progenitor and "t", but also distinct. Sergei just injected himself with the regular mass-produced t-Virus.

Um...no. G is not T. T-Veronica is not T. NE-T is not T. T is T. T does not do what Wesker Virus does and it certainly doesn't mutate someone into a physical representation of what the person is at heart like Sergei (the only person that's ever happened to) did.

Except we've been explicitly told that it won't. Keep dreaming though.

Care to give me a quote to back that up?

The t-Virus, G-Virus, t-Veronica and Uroboros Virus were each used for several purposes. The manufacture of biological weapons, and the evolution of humanity. Results were never achieved with the t-Virus, which is why the G-Virus (which is a mutant strain of the t-Virus) was developed. The entire concept of Bio Organic Weapons was devised AFTER the Progenitor Virus was discovered, not before. What do you think their intention with the virus was before then? B.O.W.s were just a tool of funding for everyone involved. Spencer, Wesker, Birkin, Marcus, Ashford, etc. They were not the primary focus of their virus research.

It was for Birkin and Wesker at first. Only people like Spencer knew of the real purpose of the research back then. Wesker only went into that territory after 4.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
#34edward18Posted 4/28/2014 10:53:05 AM
What I chalk a lot of this up to is contradiction. Over time you'd think Capcom would've gotten better as they seemed to be evening things out in the overarching plot with Remake and stuff, but then 4, 5, and 6 come along and just start contradicting things more than ever (mainly 6 though from what you're now showing me).
---
#35NewsBotPosted 4/28/2014 11:05:56 AM
I'm a child for stating the obvious fact that reading helps promote better understanding? Man, you've got some pretty thin skin.

Now then, if Wesker still worked with the Organization there'd be no point in sending him a fake sample as he WORKS WITH THEM. But he no longer does as of 4. Which is something that 5 just completely glossed over and contradicted. It's a better story than 4 without a doubt, but that ain't sayin' much. And now that I know 6 is just shoving in all this contradictory crap also I am more at odds than ever with Capcom.

Sorry bucko. Wrong yet again. BIO5 says Wesker used up the rival company's resources. What Ada actually says at the end of her report is...

However, Wesker's not stupid. He knows exactly what I and the "organization" are thinking. Although we're swimming against each other, we're meant to swim together. At the moment, there's still some pleasant leeway.

She outright says that she and Wesker are still working together. Just as Wesker and the rival company are still working together. Just as Umbrella Europe and Umbrella USA worked together despite intense rivalry.

That was his goal in 5, not 1.

According to the person who created Wesker, it was his goal in BIO1. Wrong again.

In order to achieve that goal, he needed something capable of it. The t-Virus was capable, but needed improvement to be stable for that purpose.

According to the person who wrote the game, he did. His word trumps yours.

No, he wanted to join them because he was a greedy bastard. There was no great grand scheme other than "defecting Umbrella and betraying S.T.A.R.S." that he had back in 1. He just wanted power over anything he could get and knew that the viral agent Birkin provided him with MIGHT give him that chance. He had no idea about "evolution of humanity" or anything, just suspicions about what Spencer might be up to from what we hear in the Wesker Report.

Except ACCORDING TO THE PERSON WHO WROTE THE ENTIRE STORY TO THE GAME, YOU'RE FACTUALLY INCORRECT. Seriously, selective reading isn't the same as reading.

No it wasn't. Hell, T wasn't even said to be used in Ouroboros. All we know that was in Ouroboros was Progenitor and Jill's T-Virus Antibodies.

And how would Tyrant spread T worldwide?...

Yes, it was. That's why Wesker is angered so much even though he joins the rival company anyway. Chris didn't affect his new employment, he affected his ultimate plan. And yet again, ACCORDING TO THE PERSON WHO WROTE THE GAME, THAT WAS HIS PLAN. The Tyrant could spread the t-Virus in its raw aerosol form through an organ on its back. If you mass-produce the Tyrant and deploy many around the world, you could spread the virus at an exponential rate. A similar concept is used with the Lepotica in BIO6.

And where did you get that from? Certainly not 1.

Another BIO writer. Doesn't have to be BIO1. The story flows consistently.

Um...no. G is not T. T-Veronica is not T. NE-T is not T. T is T. T does not do what Wesker Virus does and it certainly doesn't mutate someone into a physical representation of what the person is at heart like Sergei (the only person that's ever happened to) did.

HIV-1 and HIV-2 are both HIV.
Influenza Virus A/B/C are all Influenza genuses, with dozens of strains among them.
The BIO series utilizes virus classifications like in real-life.

There is also no such thing as "NE-T virus." You'd know that if you did a little reading once in a while.
#36NewsBotPosted 4/28/2014 11:10:31 AM
It was for Birkin and Wesker at first. Only people like Spencer knew of the real purpose of the research back then. Wesker only went into that territory after 4.

"At first" doesn't say much. Evolution was still their goal by the time BIO1 occurs.

What I chalk a lot of this up to is contradiction. Over time you'd think Capcom would've gotten better as they seemed to be evening things out in the overarching plot with Remake and stuff, but then 4, 5, and 6 come along and just start contradicting things more than ever (mainly 6 though from what you're now showing me).

Except there are no legitimate contradictions in the writing of the series. I can see how someone who relies only on the English text could get that idea, since the series has a horrible history of translation, but the original Japanese text is incredibly consistent regardless of quality. You're just looking for excuses to reconcile the fact that you're wrong. It's starting to get annoying. Denial doesn't help you.

BIO6 contradicts nothing from any of the previous games. Likewise with BIO4 or BIO5. You've just misconstrued things for so long that you're overly protective of the pseudo-narrative you've formed in your head.
#37edward18Posted 4/28/2014 11:20:13 AM
I'm a child for stating the obvious fact that reading helps promote better understanding? Man, you've got some pretty thin skin.

I never called you a child. You're the only one saying that. I'd expect someone like you to act more maturely than people like Goldsickle.

Sorry bucko. Wrong yet again. BIO5 says Wesker used up the rival company's resources. What Ada actually says at the end of her report is...

However, Wesker's not stupid. He knows exactly what I and the "organization" are thinking. Although we're swimming against each other, we're meant to swim together. At the moment, there's still some pleasant leeway.

Ah, the Japanese version...still doesn't change anything.

She outright says that she and Wesker are still working together.

...where?

Just as Wesker and the rival company are still working together.

It didn't say any of that in what you quoted.

Just as Umbrella Europe and Umbrella USA worked together despite intense rivalry.

Alright. Maybe he did work with them still. Still doesn't excuse that he took it over. The people in charge would never have allowed that if they were onto him. And it only further shows to me that RE5 should've been the ending of the story if they're axing The Organization.

According to the person who created Wesker, it was his goal in BIO1. Wrong again.

Screw the person that made him up. It's obvious they just made crap up as they went along, hence me saying "pulling a George Lucas".

According to the person who wrote the game, he did. His word trumps yours.

I doubt that. Just cause Stan Lee claims to have made every single little thing of Marvel these days doesn't mean he isn't a lying ass that anyone that's done their research can see through.

Except ACCORDING TO THE PERSON WHO WROTE THE ENTIRE STORY TO THE GAME, YOU'RE FACTUALLY INCORRECT. Seriously, selective reading isn't the same as reading.

And reading between the lines isn't the same as just taking everything for granted.

Yes, it was. That's why Wesker is angered so much even though he joins the rival company anyway.

Ouroboros wasn't even a thought back then.

Chris didn't affect his new employment, he affected his ultimate plan. And yet again, ACCORDING TO THE PERSON WHO WROTE THE GAME, THAT WAS HIS PLAN. The Tyrant could spread the t-Virus in its raw aerosol form through an organ on its back. If you mass-produce the Tyrant and deploy many around the world, you could spread the virus at an exponential rate. A similar concept is used with the Lepotica in BIO6.

...the "organ" was on its front. Despite that, assuming that the T-002 could do that, Wesker would have no motive to even attempt something that stupid back then, and added to that the T-103 Tyrants clearly are designed for physical combat, not to infect others.
---
#38edward18Posted 4/28/2014 11:20:28 AM
Another BIO writer. Doesn't have to be BIO1. The story flows consistently.

HA! Flows consistently? RESIDENT EVIL? We talkin' about the same series here?

HIV-1 and HIV-2 are both HIV.

Good for them.

Influenza Virus A/B/C are all Influenza genuses, with dozens of strains among them.
The BIO series utilizes virus classifications like in real-life.

Like hell it does.

And NE-T is the strain of T that the NE-Alpha Parasite gives off.

Except there are no legitimate contradictions in the writing of the series.

what?

I can see how someone who relies only on the English text could get that idea, since the series has a horrible history of translation, but the original Japanese text is incredibly consistent regardless of quality.

And yet it's still crap that just gets made up with EACH NEW INSTALLMENT and still contradicts past information.

You're just looking for excuses to reconcile the fact that you're wrong. It's starting to get annoying. Denial doesn't help you.

And you're getting annoying with those little "reading helps" quips you keep forcing into anything. As I said, I expect you to act more mature (which thankfully you have done these last two posts).

BIO6 contradicts nothing from any of the previous games.

Clearly with that statement there's no changing how you think and it's probably useless to continue the debate.

Likewise with BIO4 or BIO5. You've just misconstrued things for so long that you're overly protective of the pseudo-narrative you've formed in your head.

Or the series is just crap when it comes to storytelling.
---
#39NewsBotPosted 4/28/2014 11:23:00 AM
PS: Before you claim that the writers have since enacted some sort of retroactive continuity, keep in mind that most of my information comes from the original development and design documents circa 1996. Not only do I have those, I also possess unreleased artwork from several games, such as CODE:Veronica and Zero.

For instance: http://imgur.com/o80GhHU

The BIO1 design documents will be printed in an upcoming book, so I can't post them due to an ongoing NDA with that project.
#40edward18Posted 4/28/2014 11:30:02 AM
First off, where do you work that you get the time to keep posting?

Secondly...where did you get that? Is that a young Sergei or a beta Alfred, cause that sure as hell ain't what Alfred looks like in the Archives Volume One concept art...I am certainly anticipating this supposed new project you're talkin' about, and while I'm still certain about the retroactive continuity crap, you are one of the most interesting people I've ever seen on this board.
---