New RE7 info

#41NewsBotPosted 4/28/2014 10:48:17 AM
Ah, the Japanese version...still doesn't change anything.

The Japanese version is the only one that matters and it disproves you, so yeah, it changes pretty much everything.

And NE-T is the strain of T that the NE-Alpha Parasite gives off.

Citation needed. But I'll make it easy for you, "NE-T type virus" was a mistranslation of "NE-T model test subject." http://projectumbrella.net/articles/Sales-Office-FAX It doesn't exist.

Ouroboros wasn't even a thought back then.

Completely irrelevant. However, virus strains designed to create superhumans were a thought since BIO1 and physically put into action since BIO2, though. The series was heavily inspired by the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure manga (Joseph Frost's name is straight from there and the Tyrant was originally named after another character from the manga), which featured superhuman antagonists.

...the "organ" was on its front. Despite that, assuming that the T-002 could do that, Wesker would have no motive to even attempt something that stupid back then, and added to that the T-103 Tyrants clearly are designed for physical combat, not to infect others.

Do you even know what an organ is? It doesn't refer solely to the heart. See the holes in its back here? http://imgur.com/QcnbDwx (this is also from the original BIO1 design documents, but as it's art and not information, I can post it). Wesker had a motive, I've already explained it. T-103 doesn't have them because only Wesker wanted to use it for that purpose. Umbrella had an ulterior plan to use the Tyrant to gain power over world governments, but dropped it.

There are many specifics I can't elaborate on due to the book.

HA! Flows consistently? RESIDENT EVIL? We talkin' about the same series here?

BIOHAZARD, actually. The Resident Evil versions are garbage when it comes to anything involving plot, due to mistranslations and botched localization efforts. You would know this if you had done some research.

And yet it's still crap that just gets made up with EACH NEW INSTALLMENT and still contradicts past information.

Most stories are made up as they go along. Despite that, no contradictions exist in the BIOHAZARD series. You have yet to provide a single one. Your personal misunderstandings due to lack of research and over-reliance on notoriously flawed material do not say anything about the series, only you.

Or the series is just crap when it comes to storytelling.

No, you're just woefully incorrect, and steeped in denial about it.

edward18 posted...
First off, where do you work that you get the time to keep posting?

Secondly...where did you get that? Is that a young Sergei or a beta Alfred, cause that sure as hell ain't what Alfred looks like in the Archives Volume One concept art...I am certainly anticipating this supposed new project you're talkin' about, and while I'm still certain about the retroactive continuity crap, you are one of the most interesting people I've ever seen on this board.

Work was over three hours ago. Time zones.

I've provided more than you deserve, frankly. Most of the material I have has never been released. I've been in direct contact with many past and present members of the BIOHAZARD development teams. I'll reiterate what I opened with... you don't have a clue. That's fine, but your staunch refusal to educate yourself, while attempting to educate others, is annoying.
#42edward18Posted 4/28/2014 10:57:00 AM(edited)

The Japanese version is the only one that matters and it disproves you, so yeah, it changes pretty much everything.

Considering it says basically the same damn thing as the American version, no, it didn't.

Citation needed. But I'll make it easy for you, "NE-T type virus" was a mistranslation of "NE-T model test subject." http://projectumbrella.net/articles/Sales-Office-FAX It doesn't exist.

Affirmative.

Completely irrelevant. However, virus strains designed to create superhumans were a thought since BIO1 and physically put into action since BIO2, though. The series was heavily inspired by the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure manga (Joseph Frost's name is straight from there and the Tyrant was originally named after another character from the manga), which featured superhuman antagonists.

Regardless, Jojo is an over-the-top anime series about action and crap while RE is a much more story-focused science fiction series.

Do you even know what an organ is? It doesn't refer solely to the heart. See the holes in its back here? http://imgur.com/QcnbDwx (this is also from the original BIO1 design documents, but as it's art and not information, I can post it). Wesker had a motive, I've already explained it. T-103 doesn't have them because only Wesker wanted to use it for that purpose. Umbrella had an ulterior plan to use the Tyrant to gain power over world governments, but dropped it.

...that'd still make no ****ing sense why Wesker would have that motive.

There are many specifics I can't elaborate on due to the book.

So are you a part of making this book or somethin'?

BIOHAZARD, actually. The Resident Evil versions are garbage when it comes to anything involving plot, due to mistranslations and botched localization efforts. You would know this if you had done some research.

Considering the knowledge I've displayed and how I'm able to follow you, it should be apparent to you what my knowledge is. And even in the Biohazard versions it's still a convoluted mess.

Most stories are made up as they go along.

And quite a few don't continually throw in conflicting info. Dragon Ball for instance is made up as it goes along, but (even though it does have plotholes and contradictions) it's nowhere near as bad RE when it comes to consistent storytelling.

Despite that, no contradictions exist in the BIOHAZARD series.

That right there is a flat-out lie.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#43edward18Posted 4/28/2014 10:56:25 AM
You have yet to provide a single one. Your personal misunderstandings due to lack of research and over-reliance on notoriously flawed material do not say anything about the series, only you.

If you say so.

No, you're just woefully incorrect, and steeped in denial about it.

Or I'm just statin' what it is. This is ****ing Capcom we're talking about.

Work was over three hours ago. Time zones.

Well I gotta get headed into work in about half-an-hour.

I've provided more than you deserve, frankly.

Any fan deserves the same amount. No one's higher than each other.

Most of the material I have has never been released.

I'll just assume it's Sergei then. But, if it really is this big and tight-lipped of a project, DO NOT show more of that stuff. You could likely get fired if you're involved. In fact you may wanna delete the link you gave.

I've been in direct contact with many past and present members of the BIOHAZARD development teams. I'll reiterate what I opened with... you don't have a clue.

If I didn't have a clue then I wouldn't be able to converse with you like I have been.

That's fine, but your staunch refusal to educate yourself, while attempting to educate others, is annoying.

My apologies.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
#44edward18Posted 4/28/2014 11:01:57 AM
...hold on...military clothing...but he doesn't have Sergei's scar...it could be him...or maybe...Spencer...white hair and into the military and everything...then you have Alfred but the uniform is nothing like that. It's much more of a higher-ranking looking outfit for Umbrella itself...yet Edward wanted peaceful means of research, not war...so...it's not him...maybe...wait...no...screw Morpheus...damn, alright, for right now that guy's either a young Sergei before he gets his scar (which I'm doubting) or Spencer himself when he was younger...
---
#45Hewie3Posted 4/28/2014 11:06:55 AM
I'm just gonna kind of jump in again & say RE6 DOES contradict something pretty big in the series. That being Jake, his age, & why he even has superpowers.

Jake is only 20 in RE6. 20 years ago from RE6 would be 1993. A few years BEFORE the Mansion incident which happened in 1998.

This means when Wesky got some woman preggo, he was a normal man so why is that his offspring from this undocumented encounter is immune to viruses & has his father's super powers?

That is totally a walking contradiction
---
PSN ID: LeonHart32
#46edward18Posted 4/28/2014 11:09:34 AM
Not to mention that if even had superpowers by that point they likely couldn't be passed on.
---
#47NewsBotPosted 4/28/2014 11:16:19 AM(edited)
Considering it says basically the same damn thing as the American version, no, it didn't.

Factually incorrect:

English (wrong):

"He and I still have time to play our little game of cat and mouse before the next move is played."

Japanese (correct):

"Although we're swimming against each other, we're meant to swim together. At the moment, there's still some pleasant leeway."

Those lines are completely different. They don't even maintain the same meaning. You can read more about the state of affairs between Ada, Wesker and the rival company on my site. http://projectumbrella.net/articles/biohazard-4-Kaitai-Shinsho#ReportaboutAda

Regardless, Jojo is an over-the-top anime series about action and crap while RE is a much more story-focused science fiction series.

The Progenitor Virus and ancient humans/Ndipaya tribe were directly inspired by the Pillar Men in JoJo. Thematic differences are irrelevant when it comes to inspiration.

...that'd still make no ****ing sense why Wesker would have that motive.

Because he wanted to evolve mankind. He wasn't the only one. That's the only reasoning he needs. He was never just in it for the money.

So are you a part of making this book or somethin'?

Yes.

Considering the knowledge I've displayed and how I'm able to follow you, it should be apparent to you what my knowledge is. And even in the Biohazard versions it's still a convoluted mess.

You've displayed no significant knowledge beyond a very basic, diluted understanding of the English versions. The fact that you keep resorting to "NUH-UH THAT'S WRONG" means you haven't been able to follow me. Convoluted? Sure. Contradictory? No. These words are not synonyms.

And quite a few don't continually throw in conflict info. Dragon Ball for instance is made up as it goes along, but (even though it does have plotholes and contradictions) it's nowhere near as bad RE when it comes to consistent storytelling.

BIOHAZARD has no plot contradictions.

That right there is a flat-out lie.

Funny, but I never lie. What reason would I have? What it really comes down to is that I know what I'm talking about quite a bit more than you do right now. Not trying to make you look bad, but you sorta do that yourself by putting on a desperate act of denial toward everything you're presented with when it doesn't jive with whatever pre-formulated opinion you've got (that is, by the way, all you've contributed to the debate: opinions).
#48NewsBotPosted 4/28/2014 11:25:21 AM(edited)
Hewie3 posted...
I'm just gonna kind of jump in again & say RE6 DOES contradict something pretty big in the series. That being Jake, his age, & why he even has superpowers.

Jake is only 20 in RE6. 20 years ago from RE6 would be 1993. A few years BEFORE the Mansion incident which happened in 1998.

This means when Wesky got some woman preggo, he was a normal man so why is that his offspring from this undocumented encounter is immune to viruses & has his father's super powers?

That is totally a walking contradiction

Jake DOES NOT HAVE ANY SUPERPOWERS. He has no virus in his body. He has immunity because Wesker naturally carried that same immunity from birth and passed it onto Jake. He's just incredibly experienced and trained (and yes this is horrible).

If I didn't have a clue then I wouldn't be able to converse with you like I have been.

Anyone can spout nonsense ad nauseum. Conversing is quite different.
#49slapper1Posted 4/28/2014 11:14:50 AM(edited)
@Hewie3:

Wesker always possessed a special immunity to viruses as well as superior genetics due to Spencer's Wesker program which explains Jake's immunity. As for his superior strength, I'm just gonna go with him inheriting his father's superior genetics or that his genes somehow absorbed a portion of the C virus which enhanced his abilities. Jake's background and his superior abilities were poorly explained in RE 6 so I'm not quite sure if he is even supposed to be superhuman or not (his hand to hand fight against Ustanak suggests he is although there is no file suggesting that he is superhuman in any way).
---
"Why the f*** would I kidnap my own son and pay for you f***ing r****** to find him, you psychotic b****?!
Currently OP8 on Borderlands 2.
#50NewsBotPosted 4/28/2014 11:15:38 AM
None of the characters in BIO6 should be able to hurt any of the enemies. It's even stated during Chris' campaign that the J'avo are practically superhuman. Yet Chris throws hundreds of them around like confetti. It's narrative dissonance, nothing more.