So...any chance for a new RE game this year?

#1TVthePunisherPosted 4/27/2014 9:37:09 PM
CAPCOM's released RE games each year since 1996, not always new ones mind you...quite often it's just a port fest but other than RE4: Ultimate HD (another port) earlier this year, nothing else officially announced yet. I know all these RE7 rumors are floating about, with a suggested E3 announcement on RE7...but would it actually release this year? Or get a March(ish) release next year?

I don't know, I guess it just feels odd that nothing's been teased or announced as of yet...just rumors flying out of every which corner on the internet about what the next game will be. I've heard everything from "Operation Terrestrial Fear" (sequel to ORC, yeah...like that's going to happen. Forget Slant Six, the game itself was ignored by CAPCOM within a month minus the later PC release) to "Outbreak File 3" and of course everyone's favorite dream...RE2make/RE3make. Most hopeful bit we received on that front was the poll/survey/whatever but nothing else as of yet.

Of course there's the question of whether or not the new game will be exclusively next-gen ("current-gen", if you're one of "those types")...which will force me to buy one of the consoles indefinitely .__.; I can't go without my RE.
---
You see, Dat Ass is everywhere. When you open your eyes and scan the crowds, you WILL find dem booties. -- TV, Master Dat Asscientist
#2good_tobiPosted 4/28/2014 7:07:26 AM
for this year, I suppose its RE4 only and possibly some official announcement. If there is indeed an announcement in e3, then yeah might be for fall 2015.

Hmm, I wonder if they are making any CGI movies?
---
Don't need sharingan to see this.
#3TVthePunisher(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2014 5:49:24 AM
good_tobi posted...
for this year, I suppose its RE4 only and possibly some official announcement. If there is indeed an announcement in e3, then yeah might be for fall 2015.

Hmm, I wonder if they are making any CGI movies?

If they do another movie, I at least hope it stars someone else other than Leon. Chris, Jill...even some side story with Wesker. Definitely would want a Barry movie, what a perfect way to reintroduce fans to the Burton before bringing him into RE7!
---
You see, Dat Ass is everywhere. When you open your eyes and scan the crowds, you WILL find dem booties. -- TV, Master Dat Asscientist