Possible resident evil news, I think I just died inside...

#1Coryo61827Posted 5/2/2014 8:15:57 PM
Go to google, type in resident evil news, and click on the first article.

Supposedly details are starting to surface about resident evil 7. Claire will be the protagonist. Sadly that's the only decent news.

Then it goes on to say that Wesker is returning in this game to confront his son jake. (Which supposedly is highly probable since supposedly it's been confirmed that the voice actor of Wesker was hired for resident evil 7)

To make matters even worse, Alice from the movies might be in the game.

Omgggg seriously what is wrong with capcom? Lol.

This is horrible.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.14
#2DarkSymbiotePosted 5/2/2014 9:19:06 PM
I'm sure that's just a rumour. Although knowing Capcom... Look, let's not think on this too much and let's not be surprised to see Alice in the game. Capcom's higher ups aren't the brightest.
---
My South Park: The Stick of Truth Review:
gamefaqs.com/X360/651582-south-park-the-stick-of-truth/reviews/review-157750
#3siberian142Posted 5/2/2014 10:17:27 PM
The site you're talking about doesn't even link a source, just that an "alleged" staff member of Capcom tweeted it. Even D.C Douglas doesn't know what they're talking about (https://twitter.com/DC_Douglas/status/461921118698209280 https://twitter.com/DC_Douglas/status/461229531840667648).

They're a dubious source, I would take everything they say with a grain of salt.
#4IlDankoPosted 5/2/2014 10:48:42 PM(edited)
Yeahhh... I think I'll stick with newsbot's information, this one is really depressing.

Edit: now i read there's probably gonna be an all-stars cast for mercenaries... Now that's not so depressing :D.. If this ends being true, I wonder if carlos and luis are gona be included.
---
Oppose and disagree, destroy demonocracy.... New Muse album in progress, **** YES!
PSN: Dan21993
#5kanto_wandererPosted 5/2/2014 11:17:34 PM
True or not, I'll reserve my judgement til I've played the game. Resident Evil has never been much for captivating narratives, and I've never gone into any game in this series expecting some deep emotional or dramatic conflict before, so I don't expect anything to change in RE7. That said, I am excited that Claire will make a return, so that would be pretty cool if it turns out to be true (which I think is probably likely).
#6Dark__ThronePosted 5/3/2014 12:06:19 AM
Hopefully with any luck Jake will stay completely gone from the franchise. Why would people even want him back? And Wesker... Please. He's done.

Claire coming back is good though.

Of course this is a rumor so I imagine it's completely false but it's true it's major ass and I can tell I'm probably going to be disinterested already.

Alice being in the game isn't actually that bad if she's just a mercenaries character.
---
"Woe to you..... Earth and Sea......"
"TOTAL DESTRUCTION!!!"
#7TheDawnRiderPosted 5/3/2014 12:39:34 AM(edited)
Dark__Throne posted...
Hopefully with any luck Jake will stay completely gone from the franchise. Why would people even want him back? And Wesker... Please. He's done.

Of course this is a rumor so I imagine it's completely false but it's true it's major ass and I can tell I'm probably going to be disinterested already.

Alice being in the game isn't actually that bad if she's just a mercenaries character.

You would prefer Alice to be in RE7 over Wesker? She shouldn't even be in the Mercenaries, they need to keep those awful live action movies a seperate universe. Wesker is a character that's been in the series since 1996 so I actually have no problem with him returning. The way they "ended" his storyline in RE5 was an absolute disgrace. The ending of Code Veronica X opend interesting possibilities and they just threw it all away with RE5. They also didn't answer any questions and just ignored all of it apparently.
#8Dark__ThronePosted 5/3/2014 12:44:06 AM
TheDawnRider posted...
Dark__Throne posted...

You would prefer Alice to be in RE7 over Wesker? She shouldn't even be in the Mercenaries, they need to keep those awful live action movies a seperate universe. Wesker is a character that's been in the series since 1996 so I actually have no problem with him returning. The way they "ended" his storyline in RE5 was an absolute disgrace. The ending of Code Veronica X opend interesting possibilities and they just threw it all away with RE5. They also didn't answer any questions and just ignored all of it apparently.

The point is he mutated, fell in lava and two rockets which blew him to pieces. There's no way they going to bring him back without making it seem ridiculously forced. He should stay dead and they could even expand on the Alex Wesker plot they've opened up.

I don't actually want Alice in mercenaries but the point is she won't have any impact on story. She's just there for fun or whatever.
---
"Woe to you..... Earth and Sea......"
"TOTAL DESTRUCTION!!!"
#9TheDawnRiderPosted 5/3/2014 1:01:21 AM
Dark__Throne posted...
TheDawnRider posted...
Dark__Throne posted...

The point is he mutated, fell in lava and two rockets which blew him to pieces. There's no way they going to bring him back without making it seem ridiculously forced. He should stay dead and they could even expand on the Alex Wesker plot they've opened up.

I don't actually want Alice in mercenaries but the point is she won't have any impact on story. She's just there for fun or whatever.

I understand your point, however when does it become ridiculous or not what he can survive? This is a guy who can dodge bullets and do other "impossible" stuff for normal human beings. The lava didn't seem to harm him too much either.Besides, there's still the "Wesker in RE5 was a clone" theory. It sounds silly at first but it could work. This is a series where people transform into huge monsters...cloning is something that exists in real life so in theory it could work. I'm guessing many people are against cloning in RE is because it was in those terrible movies, which is understandable. But when you think about it, it could work. In these games we have companies such as Umbrella and Tricell which do all kinds of experiments. Why not cloning?
#10randyc80Posted 5/3/2014 2:54:57 AM
This is a garbage source and it is complete bull. There is no detail to RE7 yet. All these people claiming that they have a secret source at Capcom leaking them info are completely full of it. Alice is not going to be in the games, Claire isn't coming back as a playable character in a game storyline, and Wesker isn't coming back. People just need to give this garbage up.