Do you want Alice in Resident Evil 7?

#1CTU_007Posted 5/2/2014 8:48:36 PM
Do you want Alice in RE7? - Results (121 votes)
Yes
19.83% (24 votes)
No
80.17% (97 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Do you want her in the game?
#2kanto_wandererPosted 5/2/2014 10:23:28 PM
I'm not dead-set for or against it. As long as they don't tie her directly to the film's character and instead feature her as a sort of homage, then I'm fine with it. However, I would be totally against any decision that tied the film universe with that of the games.
#3TheDawnRiderPosted 5/3/2014 12:45:32 AM
Never. The live action movies should forever remain as an alternate universe to the games. Seriously, RE already has enough problems as it is. They need to focus on bringing the survival horror back. She doesn't even deserve to be a character in the Mercenaries or any other mode for that matter.
#4aniversaryPosted 5/3/2014 3:28:30 AM
no. shes a film character. it would not work well if shes in the game surely NOT AS A MAIN character
---
death by irony is always painful. tomb raider legend PSN ivalicekingdom
#5Hewie3Posted 5/3/2014 9:45:47 AM
kanto_wanderer posted...
I'm not dead-set for or against it. As long as they don't tie her directly to the film's character and instead feature her as a sort of homage, then I'm fine with it. However, I would be totally against any decision that tied the film universe with that of the games.

Pretty much this. Also, if they want to slap Jovovich into mercenaries, go for it.
---
PSN ID: LeonHart32
#6Coryo61827Posted 5/3/2014 10:28:07 AM
I don't care anymore honestly. Had you asked me a few years ago I would have said no way. But the way I see it now, the games are getting worse with each release, and the movies have always sucked. Why not just make one huge suck bomb by combing the two?
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.14
#7ReceiverxWisdomPosted 5/3/2014 11:02:12 AM
No, but you know...it wouldn't surprise me. Jovovich persisted for them to put her in the game a couple of times and they are just dumb enough to throw her a bone for once if it happens.
---
R* Social Club ID: Ren_Operative
PSN: LatinChris_9990
#8DragonKnight387Posted 5/3/2014 10:34:06 PM
I think Jovovich's likeness is far too expensive for what they get out of it. A boring, hot lady that does action hero stuff. We already have that: her name is Jill Valentine. The only way to make her work in the game universe is to completely rewrite the Alice character, or even have her play a different role altogether. Then, they might be getting more out of the Jovovich deal.
---
3DS:1075-0914-2884
PSN: Dragonknight387
#9kanto_wandererPosted 5/4/2014 12:41:02 PM
Coryo61827 posted...
I don't care anymore honestly. Had you asked me a few years ago I would have said no way. But the way I see it now, the games are getting worse with each release, and the movies have always sucked. Why not just make one huge suck bomb by combing the two?

The main issue with Resident Evil being this ongoing narrative is that there remains very little consistency between games, which I think is on account of there always being a new director at the helm of each sequel (aside from Mikami, of course, who worked on three games as director). With each successive title, it seems like the new people to take the reins have a very singular vision when it comes to their game and not how it applies to the series. Their story, protagonists, villains, and so forth are arbitrary from one game to the next. I think most would agree that Resident Evil 2 remained faithful to the original game, while expanding on its ideas in interesting and exciting ways. However, since then, the stories and characters have only become more and more tangential from where they've started, so that now we have a series of games that resembles almost nothing that it did when it first began.

I think far too much dialogue is spent on the new Resident Evil games not being scary, and not enough on their furthering spiral of irrelevance that continues to alienate all the people who became fans back in the '90s. I'm not asking for tank controls or a cluttered menu system to bring it back to something that resembles those earlier games. I think just starting out with a more simplified (reduced?) narrative than what we've gotten in the last three Resident Evil games would help. Even starting fresh with entirely new characters would not be a bad decision at this point.

Personally, I think for all of its changes Resident Evil 4 was one of the most faithful games to the series' roots. Sure, it transformed or tossed aside a lot of what the previous games were known for, but it still maintained their essence. The gothic surroundings. The feeling of isolation. The fear of every new enemy encounter. All of these things were once a part of Resident Evil's identity, regardless of whether the individual game had anything to do with Umbrella or Wesker or Chris or Jill. There will always be room to expand on this series, make it interesting again, and revitalize its appeal. The recent failings by Capcom are from not understanding (or not acknowledging) what makes a Resident Evil game stand-out in the first place.
#10TheSkinniMini1Posted 5/4/2014 12:43:00 PM
I would think people would love the idea solely for the opportunity to shoot and blow her away in Survivors mode.
---
---
Why so serious mates?