Do you want Alice in Resident Evil 7?

#31ErdongPosted 5/6/2014 10:01:48 AM
I don't like how the movies are, and especially don't like Alice's character there, but seeing how this game's gotten downhill then I guess it wouldn't hurt that much anymore to put her in. I mean, personally, I'd see it as something interesting lol.
#32TurduckenPosted 5/6/2014 11:00:53 AM
Well, there's no upside to it whatsoever, and plenty of downsides, so of course not. Worst of all would be people thinking that movies are canon to the games (even moreso than some already do). And you don't throw a bone to someone who took a steaming dump on your franchise. They've already done that with things like the laser hallways and Red Queen computer thing. Even that was more than enough. No need for bland monotone girl to come in and truly send the series to Action Karate heaven.
---
THE FIGHT WILL CONTINUE, AS LONG AS THE AMERICA INSIDE MY HEART IS STILL ALIVE
#33TheSkinniMini1Posted 5/6/2014 12:11:27 PM
DarkD3stiny posted...
IlDanko posted...
It's not because "alice wasn't in the games, so she never should be" it's because Alice's character completely sucks and nobody likes her.

So if Alice was Jill Valentine in the games and Jill Valentine was in the movies your saying the people who hate Alice now still would? Get real, its because Alice is in the movies and most RE game fans don't like the RE movies.

I have always wondered. If Milla Jovovich was playing Jill (because I've heard rumors that that's who Milla really wanted to play at first) instead of Alice (which means Jill is now pulling off ridiculous stunts and eating up screen time from the other characters) would people still hate the character or overlook it because "it's Jill Valentine?"

I personally would still have some beef with the character because she isn't well written and bc she's that typical "strong" female lead I can't stand.
---
Why do I like video games? Easy. They're journeys that you decide to take on and explore.
#34Slayer_22Posted 5/6/2014 12:18:39 PM
TheSkinniMini1 posted...
DarkD3stiny posted...
IlDanko posted...
It's not because "alice wasn't in the games, so she never should be" it's because Alice's character completely sucks and nobody likes her.

So if Alice was Jill Valentine in the games and Jill Valentine was in the movies your saying the people who hate Alice now still would? Get real, its because Alice is in the movies and most RE game fans don't like the RE movies.

I have always wondered. If Milla Jovovich was playing Jill (because I've heard rumors that that's who Milla really wanted to play at first) instead of Alice (which means Jill is now pulling off ridiculous stunts and eating up screen time from the other characters) would people still hate the character or overlook it because "it's Jill Valentine?"

I personally would still have some beef with the character because she isn't well written and bc she's that typical "strong" female lead I can't stand.

If she was playing Jill and they went with the same storyline the movies have, I'd still dislike the character. Even if I like Jill in the games.
---
You should check out Imagine Dragons http://youtu.be/wO0ohGn-x3E
<o> YES! \o/ <o> YES! \o/ <o> YES! \o/
#35IlDankoPosted 5/6/2014 12:18:52 PM
TheSkinniMini1 posted...
DarkD3stiny posted...
IlDanko posted...

No I'll hate her the same, i love game-Claire and hate movie-Claire, I like game-Chris and hate movie-Chris and those are 2 of my favorite 3 characters in the series, so yeah if Milla was Jill i would probably hate her.. Luckily Sienna Guilory has that role and she's kind of good at it.
---
Oppose and disagree, destroy demonocracy.... New Muse album in progress, **** YES!
PSN: Dan21993
#36TheSkinniMini1Posted 5/6/2014 12:27:54 PM
Slayer_22 posted...
TheSkinniMini1 posted...
DarkD3stiny posted...
IlDanko posted...

If she was playing Jill and they went with the same storyline the movies have, I'd still dislike the character. Even if I like Jill in the games.

Well there would have to be some changes, like Apocalypse, Afterlife (cameo), and Retribution becoming a different character (be it from the games or an original creation of course).

Still I happy that like me you wouldn't just overlook it.
---
Why do I like video games? Easy. They're journeys that you decide to take on and explore.
#37gmoshierPosted 5/6/2014 6:17:30 PM
Very unlikely that will happen and I definitely do not want Alice in RE 7.
---
http://psntl.com/user/view/gmoshier
Waiting: TWD episodes (PS3), Watch Dogs (PS4), The Evil Within (PS4), & Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4).
#38DarkD3stinyPosted 5/7/2014 12:44:57 PM(edited)
Lol read my post again and answer properly. If Alice was Jill in the RE games then would you still hate her like you do now? no you wouldn't because if that was true then Jill would be getting the same hate now as Alice does. Which just proves my point that you hate Alice because she's in the RE movies and RE game fans generally hate the RE movies.
#39Slayer_22Posted 5/7/2014 6:01:19 PM
DarkD3stiny posted...
Lol read my post again and answer properly. If Alice was Jill in the RE games then would you still hate her like you do now? no you wouldn't because if that was true then Jill would be getting the same hate now as Alice does. Which just proves my point that you hate Alice because she's in the RE movies and RE game fans generally hate the RE movies.

If Alice was Jill, then RE1 would've been a cliche action movir. I don't see how you can reverse time and make Alice into Jill. No matter what, we couldn't have a different opinion. If we like her or hate her now, we probably would feel the same if she took the main female lead's place. The only difference would be that Jill would be new and Alice would've been old. Both have had ample amounts of screen time in their respective games/movies. And I think if someone hates a movie, they can still like a character. And vice versa. Or just hate both. Or love both. All completely reasonable.

We would never know what Jill being brand new or Alice being an original would cause towards fans. It would be impossible to tell. However, it's easier to say if Alice was Jill since Milla herself wanted to play Jill. Plus you can put the idea in your head better. If Jill was given the same...everything as Alice, only the unreasonable(extreme hate or love) would change their opinion on her character wise.
---
You should check out Imagine Dragons http://youtu.be/wO0ohGn-x3E
<o> YES! \o/ <o> YES! \o/ <o> YES! \o/
#40IlDankoPosted 5/7/2014 6:22:53 PM
DarkD3stiny posted...

I didn't even answered to you...

And i don't hate alice because she isn't in the games, in fact I liked K-mart, Angela and Luther in the movies. I hate Alice because of her characterization, being the tipical badass that doesn't give a s*** about what she's affronting because she already knows she's untouchable, add the unnecessary flips and the robot personality she gets since the 2nd movie and BAM you get an easy hateable character.
---
Oppose and disagree, destroy demonocracy.... New Muse album in progress, **** YES!
PSN: Dan21993