Maybe this is what's wrong with the new resident evil games

#21edward18Posted 5/15/2014 12:00:41 PM
Survival Horror is a gameplay genre. I want a large area that I backtrack through and find interlocking areas in, a SET amount of ammo lying around the ENVIRONMENT that enemies don't feed to you along with health, tons of puzzles to solve, that kinda stuff. Basically a point and click adventure game but with weapons and moving with more freedom.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#22GaullerPosted 5/15/2014 3:20:01 PM
edward18 posted...
Survival Horror is a gameplay genre. I want a large area that I backtrack through and find interlocking areas in, a SET amount of ammo lying around the ENVIRONMENT that enemies don't feed to you along with health, tons of puzzles to solve, that kinda stuff. Basically a point and click adventure game but with weapons and moving with more freedom.
#23sbn4Posted 5/15/2014 4:17:14 PM
That we agree, RE6 battlesystem mechanics is a big (and I mean it) pile of ****. I never played a game with a horrendous gameplay mechanics like RE6.

I actually disagree. RE6's combat is more fun than Revelations by a long shot if you play only Mercenaries. For the campaigns, its utter trash. But I think Mercenaries alone is more fun than all of Revelations.

By your comment I wonder if you really played the game...I mean the atmosphere of the game is pure survival horror;
Isaac doesn't talk and you doesn't see his face the whole game, this give the idea that you are all alone. The noises and BGMs in stages are very disturbing

I have played it indeed. I actually retried it last week. I still don't think its survival horror. Its starts out just like RE4 does. Its very atmospheric and convincing, but then throws loads of enemies at you. In fact, there are several sections where combat is mandatory to pass. I don't see how not talking and not seeing his face makes it survival horror. I felt the opposite actually. Him not speaking or making a sound made it hard to take Isaac seriously. He has a personal story, but none of it feels tangible as nothing around him affects him. Plus, he's not truly alone as Hammond and Kendra keep interrupting to tell him where to go and what to do. I can agree the audio is fantastic.

Thats up to the player you can just kill the necessary foes to keep going or you can storm through and kill everything (my style) and you don't even need to buy ammo for that, but yet enemies can lay waste of you if you are not careful.

The same can be said for any game. Especially RE games. Even the older games had enough ammo to rip through most foes. Believe it or not, if you are careless zombies, ganados, majini can kill you if you aren't careful. Necromorphs also suffer from the "run manically and the stop and walk when they get close" syndrome RE4 enemies do. Its not as noticeable as DS enemies are more aggressive, but I think this title is not as good as people make it out to be. I prefer DS2's more diverse environments, talking Isaac,smoother combat, and pacing. DS1 got boring really quick because it was so predictable and the environments was just one gun metal gray corridor after another.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."