i think Resident Evil start actions in Resident Evil 3

#31edward18Posted 5/15/2014 11:19:49 PM

1, Actually yes it does, RE4 was a progression over the old formula, you saying that you'd rather they stuck with the original formula instead of changing it makes you a luddite.

No, that makes me someone that wants it to stay the same genre. That has nothing to do with standing in the way of the progression of technology.

2, I never said it did, just pointing out a fact.

Then it has nothing to do with what was being talked about.

3, Hypocrisy: behavior that does not agree with what someone claims to believe or feel.

I know what Hypocrisy is. I've gone to church. Don't worry.

You claim to like RE4, yet you've never said anything that implies that because you're never saying anything good about it.

Except that I always call it an amazing and fun game. It just sucks ass as an RE game.

You claim to not be against progression of things,

Technology. Not just things.

yet you've said several times that you'd rather they copied and pasted the old and stale formula instead of changing things up with RE4.

Yeah. I'd rather it'd have stayed the same genre. I'd rather it have died than become the shooting gallery it did with 4. I'd rather they ACTUALLY SHOW THE END OF UMBRELLA RATHER THAN GET RID OF IT IN A ****ING GOD DAMN INTRO PARAGRAPH and have a story that has nothing to do with the rest of the god damn series. I'd rather Leon not have been turned into an ass.

Your behavior does not agree with your claims, therefor, you are a hypocrite.

Incorrect.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#32Morrigan12Posted 5/16/2014 4:58:30 AM
Goldsickle posted...
In addition to Nemesis toting a firearm, he also drops items upon defeat.

A hint of things to come.

RE3 is also the first RE to have a human opponent, where you take on Nicholai where he shoots at you while riding a chopper. Probably also the first RE to have a helicopter boss fight.

an optional one at that...
#33FreakyFrancPosted 5/16/2014 5:16:02 AM
Oh look its Fiddlebox89 and Goldfreckle,they like to hate peoples just for the sake of it.

They also like to downgrade peoples by using cheap tactics like using the word 'luddites' even if it doesnt fit in the gaming world.You talk about progression of technology,but its actually change of genre wich is not the same thing.

You also used that 'weasel word' thingy just to downgrade that guy,wow now thats a stupid move.

Go on keep trying to make us look like fools,but in the end its you guys who are making a fool of yourselves.

The RE games changed the genre it was originally in the first place,from horror with investigation and little action elements,to an action game with not much investigation and little horror ambiances/atmospheres.

Thats like liking an ice pop,then suddenly someone give you a pogo and tell you its the same ice pop you used to love and that you need to accept it,you guys are that guy and you even try to shove it down our throat,but we wont accept this.
#34SSJ_JinPosted 5/16/2014 5:27:39 AM
FreakyFranc posted...
Oh look its Fiddlebox89 and Goldfreckle,they like to hate peoples just for the sake of it.

They also like to downgrade peoples by using cheap tactics like using the word 'luddites' even if it doesnt fit in the gaming world.You talk about progression of technology,but its actually change of genre wich is not the same thing.

You also used that 'weasel word' thingy just to downgrade that guy,wow now thats a stupid move.

Go on keep trying to make us look like fools,but in the end its you guys who are making a fool of yourselves.

The RE games changed the genre it was originally in the first place,from horror with investigation and little action elements,to an action game with not much investigation and little horror ambiances/atmospheres.

Thats like liking an ice pop,then suddenly someone give you a pogo and tell you its the same ice pop you used to love and that you need to accept it,you guys are that guy and you even try to shove it down our throat,but we wont accept this.

You know what's funny about both these guys? Both are infamous with how they try to downgrade others, and both I've trolled pretty badly. And both I actually felt a little bad so I sent them a private message apologizing, (actually because of Goldy since he got so worked up, but after I did I thought of riddle too). And both didn't respond, but both decided to let things "be chill." One decided not to mention me at all in topics, the other actually responded to me in a nice way.

Eventually, one of them ended up on a point to disagree with me. But I ignored him, continuing the topic. He responded to me again. I ignored him. Then he responded again. Each time he got a little more angry until finally I replied. And now....well, here he is telling me to shut up. And Goldy already showed what he did. I'm kind of shocked he didn't get into it in those other two topics.

I dunno, even when I don't talk to these guys they still get angry at me. That's ridiculous. Pointless post, but I found it relevant, (at least with me) since they're both here, you mentioned both of them, and I've made both very mad before. All you have to do is hit that ignore button. It's that simple.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#35FreakyFrancPosted 5/16/2014 5:28:42 AM
A better exemple would be the Fast and Furious movies.

The first movie was more focused on car races while having a bit of action and robbering.

Second movie was pretty much like the first one.

Third one was a little bit more focused on car races and had little less action and no robbering.

Then the fourth movie still had car races,but it also had more action this time.

Its the fifth movie were they start to focus more on action and robbering,with just very little of street racing.

Same for the sixth movie wich as even more action.

When someone try a game and like its genre,normally he will play the sequels if they are still the same genre because they like it,but when the sequels start going 180*degree on you thats a real downer.
#36FreakyFrancPosted 5/16/2014 5:33:40 AM
SSJ_Jin posted...
FreakyFranc posted...

You know what's funny about both these guys? Both are infamous with how they try to downgrade others, and both I've trolled pretty badly. And both I actually felt a little bad so I sent them a private message apologizing, (actually because of Goldy since he got so worked up, but after I did I thought of riddle too). And both didn't respond, but both decided to let things "be chill." One decided not to mention me at all in topics, the other actually responded to me in a nice way.

Eventually, one of them ended up on a point to disagree with me. But I ignored him, continuing the topic. He responded to me again. I ignored him. Then he responded again. Each time he got a little more angry until finally I replied. And now....well, here he is telling me to shut up. And Goldy already showed what he did. I'm kind of shocked he didn't get into it in those other two topics.

I dunno, even when I don't talk to these guys they still get angry at me. That's ridiculous. Pointless post, but I found it relevant, (at least with me) since they're both here, you mentioned both of them, and I've made both very mad before. All you have to do is hit that ignore button. It's that simple.

Nah its ok,im not putting them on ignore,because i want to see what ridiculous thing they are going to post next.
#37GoldsicklePosted 5/16/2014 7:11:22 AM
FreakyFranc posted...
using the word 'luddites' even if it doesnt fit in the gaming world.

So the word stings you too.

I'm aware that a lot of people tell me things like "it's the wrong definition", "it's uncivil", etc. but I know that these are just petty attempts to stop me from using it.

You also used that 'weasel word' thingy

Because it's a Weasel Word, straight and simple.

Only morons without any valid arguments resort to pretending that their words represent the majority, without any sources nor citations.

"Most people say..", "the majority claims..", "almost everybody here thinks so...", etc.

If you wanna claim that something you say is representative of the majority, then be sure to have something to back it up.

Go on keep trying to make us look like fools,

I don't need to lift a finger, you guys are already doing a good job with that.

The RE games changed the genre it was originally in the first place,

Let's be straightforward here.
You have a problem with the current direction: so what can you do about it?

If your only means of solving the problem is b*****ing about it in an internet forum, then I'd recommend that you stop wasting your time, since you're not gonna make any progress.

You can say whatever you want on internet forums but the game industry will continue flowing at its own pace and direction.
Instead of continuously whining about what "should" happen, it's better to understand why things happened the way they did.
---
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)
#38KingTGPPosted 5/16/2014 7:48:12 PM
TheDawnRider posted...
When RE3 came out it was praised, now it seems popular to hate on it apparently. Nemesis stalking you was tense and nerve-wracking at the time. Even if RE3 was more action oriented, it still had the classic vibe of the series and respected it's roots. RE4 is where the mess started, there's no point in trying to shift the blame anywhere else.

Think it has something to do with the fact that people grew up lol.
---
PSN - iTzKingTGP (I don't use slang in messages. Strange I know lol.)
3DS FC : 3797 - 7696 - 4162
#39FreakyFrancPosted 5/16/2014 11:29:46 PM
KingTGP posted...
TheDawnRider posted...
When RE3 came out it was praised, now it seems popular to hate on it apparently. Nemesis stalking you was tense and nerve-wracking at the time. Even if RE3 was more action oriented, it still had the classic vibe of the series and respected it's roots. RE4 is where the mess started, there's no point in trying to shift the blame anywhere else.

Nah,peoples did grew up but at least some still give respect to the classic RE games,unlike you who keep downgrading them because of them being 'old' games.
#40KingTGPPosted 5/17/2014 9:40:55 AM
FreakyFranc posted...
KingTGP posted...
TheDawnRider posted...

Nah,peoples did grew up but at least some still give respect to the classic RE games,unlike you who keep downgrading them because of them being 'old' games.

If that's what you really believe then I'll leave it alone so you can sleep in peace at night lol.
---
PSN - iTzKingTGP (I don't use slang in messages. Strange I know lol.)
3DS FC : 3797 - 7696 - 4162