Why did Wesker hate Chris? *Series spoilers*

#1Stover46Posted 6/5/2014 12:48:05 AM
I mean, didn't Wesker plan to get killed and have the mansion explode? All Chris did was escape.
---
3DS FC: 4167-5373-4749 PSN: OLKv2
http://giant.gfycat.com/RaggedFlawlessDachshund.gif
#2IlDankoPosted 6/5/2014 2:05:24 AM
Well, looks like he didn't wanted any survivors.
---
Can you feel the poison rising?
PSN: Dan21993
#3YawnTheSnakePosted 6/5/2014 3:22:45 AM
Wesker never planned on getting killed.
Because Chris had the information he was working for umbrella thats why he hated him because there nobody was supposed to know
#4sbn4Posted 6/5/2014 5:04:48 AM
I thought it was said in some file that Wesker intentionally let the Tyrant gut him because he injected some virus before hand to fake his own death. He probably hates Chris because he killed his creation.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#5edward18Posted 6/5/2014 6:25:30 AM
Still doesn't make sense why he doesn't hate Jill and Barry and Rebecca just as much.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#6slapper1Posted 6/5/2014 6:31:11 AM
Wesker never intended to let any S.T.A.R.S. members survive the mansion incident and he especially didn't expect to see Tyrant get destroyed. Considering that both Chris's and Jill's campaigns in RE1 are canon I think it's implied that Chris was the one who blew up the Tyrant in canon which really messed up Wesker's plans. His hatred for Chris only grew as time went on as Chris's actions in bringing down Umbrella constantly got him in the way of Wesker's mission for gathering viral research. That's about all I've got regarding Wesker's hatred of Chris lol.
---
"Why the f*** would I kidnap my own son and pay for you f***ing r****** to find him, you psychotic b****?!
Currently OP8 on Borderlands 2.
#7sbn4Posted 6/5/2014 9:37:12 AM
Still doesn't make sense why he doesn't hate Jill and Barry and Rebecca just as much.

He hates Jill too. Have you not seen what he did to her in RE5?

Plus, like slapper said, I'm assuming he's the one who killed tyrant or at least delivered the killing blow. Or its just what the plot demands.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#8edward18Posted 6/5/2014 9:45:42 AM
Course he doesn't like her, but he hates Chris more than anyone which has never made sense to me.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#9Hewie3Posted 6/5/2014 9:55:45 AM
edward18 posted...
Course he doesn't like her, but he hates Chris more than anyone which has never made sense to me.

That's hard to say when we see him only interacting with Chris. There was no dialogue in the flashback scene & of course he wouldn't care about Sheva.

We haven't seen him interact with Rebecca or Barry so...

Other than that Capcom just wanted a cheesy antagonist that seemed more fitting for a relationship between a super hero & super villain.
---
PSN ID: LeonHart32
#10vitonemesisPosted 6/5/2014 10:53:56 AM
Wesker hates Chris and Jill alike, remember his lines in UC. He hates them because they destroyed the Tyrant, it was going to be a gift to the rival company.

And if you think about it, he never went his way to actually look for them. I'll dare to say Chris and Jill hate him more.