Saddest character death in the series? *SPOILERS FOR SERIES*

#21bodyjam_3Posted 6/10/2014 6:36:00 AM
Steve was rough, brad was shocking due to Nemesis appearance.
#22SSJ_JinPosted 6/10/2014 6:40:36 AM
Would pick Piers, but the problem is I don't give a damn about him the entire game. Chris is the one who made that scene tbh.

Even though she didn't die, (and it's not canon) Ada's scenario A "death" is the best.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#23elle_sweetiePosted 6/10/2014 10:16:45 AM
For me Piers by far. I also think he was one of the best characters in RE6 and definitely one of the most competent.

He spends the majority of the game trying to get Chris (who in my opinion is badly written and out of character) to shape up and ultimately ends up shouldering more of the work than Chris. Then at the end the poor guy sacrifices himself to save Chris just because he's THE CAPTAIN. I swear if they made Piers the captain and Chris the subordinate in that game more people could have maybe been saved.

Ironically talking of that one of my favourite and unintentionally funny scenes in the game is when Chris and Piers team up with Jake and Sherry and Chris tells her to go hide. Irony right there Chris. Both her and her teammate survive the entire game and as far as I remember she hasn't gotten anyone else killed. She wasn't kidding when she rebutted that she can take care of herself now. Perhaps she should be his next captain to teach him how it works.
#24IlDankoPosted 6/10/2014 10:31:43 AM
Well of course he's out of character.. He got amnesia you know, and then all the memories of what happened came back to him at once.. Even the most levelheaded person would snap if something like that happens...
---
Can you feel the poison rising?
PSN: Dan21993
#25sbn4Posted 6/10/2014 3:46:18 PM
Ironically talking of that one of my favourite and unintentionally funny scenes in the game is when Chris and Piers team up with Jake and Sherry and Chris tells her to go hide. Irony right there Chris. Both her and her teammate survive the entire game and as far as I remember she hasn't gotten anyone else killed. She wasn't kidding when she rebutted that she can take care of herself now. Perhaps she should be his next captain to teach him how it works.

You do realize that Sherry's odds of survival were made much higher because of Jake right? Not to mention Chris himself helped and rescued Sherry a few times throughout the game. Sherry has no reason to be a Captain because she acts like a moron several times. Not to mention Chris' team gets wiped out by an ambush much later after that fight, so that's not even a fair comparison.

I also don't see how Chris is out of character in RE6. He's always been an act first think later kind of guy. In REmake Chris calls a man pointing a gun in his face a SOB. Plus, if you let Rebecca die, Chris attacks said man who has a gun pointed at him when he finds out he killed his friends. In RECVX, he tries to kill Wesker when he realizes he isn't dead, and sticks around at the end to fight him even though he knows he's not as capable. In RE5 he was willing to just go after Jill without any help whether regardless of the danger. He also rushes at Wesker even though he knows he's outmatched. So him acting rash and illogical when his men were killed by Carla is not so out of character for him.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#26elle_sweetiePosted 6/10/2014 7:27:39 PM
IlDanko posted...
Well of course he's out of character.. He got amnesia you know, and then all the memories of what happened came back to him at once.. Even the most levelheaded person would snap if something like that happens...

He's only got himself to blame for that. He got amnesia by becoming an alcoholic. And that's my problem. I just can't see Chris going down that path after all he's been through especially when there's been so many other people he's worked with that have gone through similar experiences that he could have just talked to.

sbn4 posted...
You do realize that Sherry's odds of survival were made much higher because of Jake right? Not to mention Chris himself helped and rescued Sherry a few times throughout the game. Sherry has no reason to be a Captain because she acts like a moron several times. Not to mention Chris' team gets wiped out by an ambush much later after that fight, so that's not even a fair comparison.

I also don't see how Chris is out of character in RE6. He's always been an act first think later kind of guy. In REmake Chris calls a man pointing a gun in his face a SOB. Plus, if you let Rebecca die, Chris attacks said man who has a gun pointed at him when he finds out he killed his friends. In RECVX, he tries to kill Wesker when he realizes he isn't dead, and sticks around at the end to fight him even though he knows he's not as capable. In RE5 he was willing to just go after Jill without any help whether regardless of the danger. He also rushes at Wesker even though he knows he's outmatched. So him acting rash and illogical when his men were killed by Carla is not so out of character for him.

Sherry's survival odds being only much higher because of Jake is again due to bad writing. They essentially made her the damsel in distress but if you look past that she has virtues in the game that Chris just doesn't have. It's clear that both characters have certain immunities but they vastly downplayed Sherry's, aside from the helicopter scene, to make her the damsel.

It is a fair comparison. Both teams helped each other out an equal number of times. The first time they interact it is Jake and Sherry who help the other two out. The second time it is the reverse and the last time both teams help each other out on equal pegging. The difference is in this game Sherry is more competent than Chris. Also what does Sherry have to do with the ambush you mentioned? Nothing. THAT is not a fair comparison.

Now as for Chris. That's a fair point and in part I agree that he's always been an act first, think later kind of guy. My issue is him turning into an alcoholic. I just can't see that. I'm not saying what he went through wouldn't affect him. Of course it would but to go back to your original point of acting first, thinking later I could see him wanting to take the fight to Carla rather than decide to wallow in the drink.
#27IlDankoPosted 6/11/2014 4:24:54 AM
Do you even read the files in the game? He didn't got amnesia because he became alcoholic, he got his amnesia thanks to Napad Finn hitting his head. he woke up in a hospital without any idea of who he was or what happened, only with a sense of guilt he couldn't explain, and to escape it he turned to the drink.
---
Can you feel the poison rising?
PSN: Dan21993
#28elle_sweetiePosted 6/11/2014 5:38:20 AM
IlDanko posted...
Do you even read the files in the game? He didn't got amnesia because he became alcoholic, he got his amnesia thanks to Napad Finn hitting his head. he woke up in a hospital without any idea of who he was or what happened, only with a sense of guilt he couldn't explain, and to escape it he turned to the drink.

Ok fair point. No I haven't read all the files in the game. That does make more sense now so I apologise for being wrong about that.
#29sbn4Posted 6/11/2014 6:55:05 AM
Sherry's survival odds being only much higher because of Jake is again due to bad writing. They essentially made her the damsel in distress but if you look past that she has virtues in the game that Chris just doesn't have. It's clear that both characters have certain immunities but they vastly downplayed Sherry's, aside from the helicopter scene, to make her the damsel.

Couldn't the same thing be argued for Chris? Bad writing caused his entire team to die so it could develop him? And comparing Chris and Sherry in such a manner doesn't make any sense. Chris is the captain of a team of soldiers who are directly fighting in a war while Sherry is a lone agent (which is dumb to begin with) sent to recover one man. Her being a damsel kind of contradicts the fact that you said she can handle herself.

It is a fair comparison. Both teams helped each other out an equal number of times. The first time they interact it is Jake and Sherry who help the other two out. The second time it is the reverse and the last time both teams help each other out on equal pegging. The difference is in this game Sherry is more competent than Chris. Also what does Sherry have to do with the ambush you mentioned? Nothing. THAT is not a fair comparison.

You are comparing two characters who have plot armor (Jake/Sherry) to a bunch of NPCs on Chris' team who are likely to die to help develop Chris/Piers relationship. No way is Capcom going to kill a pretty lead female character and the son of Wesker. And I do not find Sherry more competent than Chris. Chris/Piers not only helped Jake and Piers, but Chris and Piers stopped the most imminent threat in the game after Carla died. Also, I feel Chris has experienced more turmoil than Sherry has. So I feel his reactions and behavior make sense.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#30Stover46Posted 6/11/2014 7:02:03 AM
IlDanko posted...

The poor writing was the fact that Jill and Claire left him alone during this.
---
3DS FC: 4167-5373-4749 PSN: OLKv2
http://giant.gfycat.com/RaggedFlawlessDachshund.gif