Re...resident evil has changed...

#1BrunozaynPosted 6/14/2014 6:18:26 AM
It's no longer about horror,scary moment and survival......
---
IT'S CALLED NOSTALGIA. Makes a game look 10x better than it actually is.
#2slapper1Posted 6/14/2014 7:43:35 AM
The survival horror aspect of the RE series has been bleeding out since RE4 and it's only gotten worse since then. At this point I doubt we'll see another true RE game focused on survival horror anytime soon if ever.
---
"Why the f*** would I kidnap my own son and pay for you f***ing r****** to find him, you psychotic b****?!
Currently OP8 on Borderlands 2.
#3piecemealcrankyPosted 6/14/2014 8:26:36 AM
Dat sig though.
---
May piece be upon you.
#4Moeman_Posted 6/18/2014 12:55:13 AM
slapper1 posted...
The survival horror aspect of the RE series has been bleeding out since RE4 and it's only gotten worse since then. At this point I doubt we'll see another true RE game focused on survival horror anytime soon if ever.

I thought Revelations was a nice blend. Resident Evil 4, 5, and 6 mostly had me sweating to stay alive. 0, RE1's remake, 2, 3, and Code: Veronica X only really scared me on my first play through, then it was mostly that "sweating to stay alive" feeling since I knew where everything was.
---
"Be confident, think positive!"
#5ItsAboutStylePosted 6/18/2014 1:00:46 AM
Resident Evil changed almost a decade ago.
---
You aren't exactly Mister Current Affairs are you, Tommy? "Mad Fist" went mad, and "The Gun," shot himself.
#6SiLVeR_420Posted 6/18/2014 2:14:45 AM(edited)
slapper1 posted...

The horror aspect was dying in RE3. But it had the tank controls and static cameras so it was okay.

And at least this game had some little horror aspects in it with Leons campaign unlike RE5 which had none.
---
All hail Satsuki-sama!
RIP Oculus Rift.
#7Ghaszaszh_NyirhPosted 6/18/2014 4:42:56 AM(edited)
SiLVeR_420 posted...
slapper1 posted...

The horror aspect was dying in RE3. But it had the tank controls and static cameras so it was okay.

Gotta disagree with this. RE3 also had very most tense moments with the inclusion of Nemesis so I wouldn't say the survival horror aspect of it was dying. If anything it had more tense points than RE2, which was so easy you had to try and get yourself killed.
---
Ghaszaszh Nyirh. Of the Old Ones, the scrolls say that he loved the debasement of his slaves the best. And they go to him willingly.
#8ReceiverxWisdomPosted 6/18/2014 6:58:14 AM(edited)
It kind of made sense for RE3 to have a more tense change of pace due to the Nemesis but that still made it had a pulse pounding factor out of anticipation of "where will he strike next?" with the midst of this beast hunting you down.

I STILL argue that 4 hammered in the whole "actiony" premise the deepest because it was ALL over the place in that game down to basic offense, QTEs and game structure.
---
R* Social Club ID: Ren_Operative
PSN: LatinChris_9990
#9sbn4Posted 6/18/2014 7:54:43 AM
Is it wrong that the moment I saw this topic title, I immediately thought of MGS4's opening line?

"War has changed."
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#10IlDankoPosted 6/18/2014 8:17:58 AM
Please, Leon's campaign was as bad as the others, and I'd even say worse...

If by horror aspects you mean not allowing you to sprint during the first part of the game, being a QTE fest from start to end, or just by having zombies, then sure, it was pure horror.

RE5 did it better with LiN and even the part where you meet the Reapers for the first time was more "scary" than everything in Leon's campaign.
---
Can you feel the poison rising?
PSN: Dan21993