A prelude of things to come.... for Claire?

#31randyc80Posted 6/15/2014 6:09:17 PM
Unless there is no RE game planned with Claire as protagonist, since that is still most likely. Everyone is probably getting their hopes up for no reason.....and then when it turns out that (yet again) Claire isn't going to be starring in the next game, everyone will complain that Capcom lied to the fans even though nothing was ever promised or announced and everyone was just reading too much into it.
#32TheSkinniMini1Posted 6/15/2014 6:31:08 PM
randyc80 posted...
Unless there is no RE game planned with Claire as protagonist, since that is still most likely. Everyone is probably getting their hopes up for no reason.....and then when it turns out that (yet again) Claire isn't going to be starring in the next game, everyone will complain that Capcom lied to the fans even though nothing was ever promised or announced and everyone was just reading too much into it.

Exactly why I'm playing the wait and see game bc that pic at the end of the day could mean a number of things and I know I'm personally not about to give myself a headache thinking about it.
---
Why do I like video games? Easy. They're journeys that you decide to take on and explore.
#33FireMadePrimePosted 6/15/2014 6:31:51 PM
IMHO the next RE game will feature Claire as one of the main characters.

If they take the formula from Revelations we could get 4 main characters

Revelations was about Jill, Chris, Parker and Jessica.

Revelations 2 could be Claire, Rebecca, Steve and Billy.

After the events of RE5 but before the events of RE6

Chronologic we have

REZero
RE 1/Remake
RE2
RE3
RE CV
RE4
RE Degeneration
RE Revelations
RE5
RE Damnation
RE Revelations 2????
RE6.

After the events of RE4 we got a movie (Degeneration) and a game (revelations)

So after the events of RE5 makes sense to get a movie (Damnation) and a game (Revelations 2)
---
MAA: Heroes: 95/98 (Next - Drax, Groot, Star-Lord)
#34ReceiverxWisdomPosted 6/15/2014 6:59:14 PM
I don't think nothing will come of this. Resident Evil did start out on a Sony platform at first.
---
R* Social Club ID: Ren_Operative
PSN: LatinChris_9990
#35SiLVeR_420Posted 6/15/2014 8:00:30 PM
Steve is dead guys. How would he be a main playable character?
---
All hail Satsuki-sama!
RIP Oculus Rift.
#36SiLVeR_420Posted 6/15/2014 8:03:59 PM
ReceiverxWisdom posted...
I don't think nothing will come of this. Resident Evil did start out on a Sony platform at first.

What games are actually exclusive to Sony platforms though?

Dead Aim? Lol
Outbreak? While awesome its just a spin off. Probably not even canon as far as I know.
RE1 is on DS now.
---
All hail Satsuki-sama!
RIP Oculus Rift.
#37IlDankoPosted 6/15/2014 8:12:44 PM
DigimonTrainer posted...
SiLVeR_420 posted...
You know the time between RE2 and CV is like 3 months. And its just Claire running around Europe looking for Chris. That'd make for a really boring game.

Uhhh...it'd be like Eurotrip except in video game form, which sounds awesome!

Hahaha make it coop with Claire teaming up with the "Mi Scusi" guy.
---
Can you feel the poison rising?
PSN: Dan21993
#38ChanjuanPosted 6/15/2014 8:17:50 PM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
You know the time between RE2 and CV is like 3 months. And its just Claire running around Europe looking for Chris. That'd make for a really boring game.

And this is a big deal how? Especially when there's literally a few minutes difference between RE2 and 3? Lol

Whether this turns out to be a Claire game or not, I'm excited. I'm an RE fan, no shame in it. It would be great to see Claire again but I'm not gonna bawl my eyes out if she doesn't show up.

Oh well, onto the next thing. That's how I've always been. I've got way too much going on irl to get worked up over characters. However, there's no harm in thinking of possibilities. All this austerity is boring.
#39sbn4(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2014 9:29:00 PM
I agree that Keeley Hawkes is the perfect VA for Lara. I've said this before. Keeley makes Lara as mentioned. She's got everything down perfect. Anger, sarcasm, passion, sadness, wit, etc. The reboot VA is okay for a younger Lara, but not the more experienced Lara. Also, the reboot VA seemed liked she as trying too hard. Like she trying extra hard to sound Bristish.

And on the board I found this on, people speculated that this image of Claire was just a place holder and that the new iteration of her hasn't been released yet. But I don't want a REmake either. I want something new. But I think its going to be some continuation of CV with Steve coming back potentially. Maybe he's the surprise character.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#40randyc80Posted 6/16/2014 1:58:13 AM
FireMadePrime posted...
Revelations 2 could be Claire, Rebecca, Steve and Billy.

Keep dreaming. I will absolutely guarantee that this will not happen. You named four fan favorites that Capcom has shown no interest in featuring again....Claire is working on volunteer work and not at all interested in fighting, Steve is dead (yes he is, stop it), Billy's story was told and he would be in hiding from the authorities since he will always be a convicted murderer under his real identity, and Rebecca has been unaccounted for since the mansion (I have heard some people speculate that she was killed when the city was bombed out of existence in RE3?).

I honestly don't think you could have come up with a less likely grouping for the protagonists of the next game. Well done.