Finally got 1600k on steel beast

#1CaptnMuricaPosted 6/25/2014 6:06:42 PM(edited)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoKM5rScZCw

funny, I did worse in this run than before, but my partner was on roids this time and we finally did it after working on this stage for over a year...

barely 1600k though, but still proud to finally do it once.
---
Fox News, the only REAL Murikan news media you can trust. Their Australian and Saudi Muslim owners merely helped them standing their ground against illegal bums
#2piecemealcrankyPosted 6/25/2014 10:54:52 PM
Congratulations! Jake has always been the best choice in this map for high scores.
---
May piece be upon you.
#3CaptnMurica(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2014 11:04:12 PM
I think on the highest level of play, carla is about the same if not better than jake for the time bonus route because her grenade launcher is super useful for its acid shots and nitrogen rounds.
---
Fox News, the only REAL Murikan news media you can trust. Their Australian and Saudi Muslim owners merely helped them standing their ground against illegal bums
#4ErdongPosted 6/29/2014 7:17:56 AM
What the hell kind of number is 1600k? 16,000? Huh?
#5siberian142Posted 6/29/2014 8:30:31 AM
Erdong posted...

1,600,000. One "k" represents one thousand.
#6UnfoolishPosted 6/29/2014 3:15:41 PM
CaptnMurica posted...
I think on the highest level of play, carla is about the same if not better than jake for the time bonus route because her grenade launcher is super useful for its acid shots and nitrogen rounds.

Jake worst map is Mining the Depths as that map is Carla's best map lol

Carla's hardest map is Creature Workshop. Having only 6 explosive rounds, it's increasingly difficult to discard boss Ubitsvo and multiple Napads (depending on which route and how many held) plus very slow reload switching to Acid Rounds/Nitrogen rounds isn't guaranteed kill on hit afterwards (takes 1 Acid Round shot and melee to crack Napad armor then an entire Picador clip, 2 shots of Nitrogen Rounds for cracking armor then +5 melee finish) given 15 seconds between combos and in the heat of the moment. Default Ada/Ada EX actually do better than her on CW.

Obviously Jake, Chris and Carla are top tier in Mercenaries tons of pros and all have a weakness. Can't really say much for the other characters though.
#7CaptnMurica(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2014 6:38:32 PM(edited)
I am talking about specifically time bonus route when playing duo on steel beast though. no $ for the dlc or whatever so I will never know how they do on those stages.

on stages with multiple bosses, the gameplan usually involves separating the players and make the bosses chase after the player that moves a lot so that the player with the harder work can get his parts done.
---
Yer rites 2 ur body end whar mah relijus freedumb biginz 'caus mah 1st 'mendmint > ur big gobamint! Taek persinal responzbility as GOD commands,skank! MURIKA
#8SiLVeR_420Posted 6/29/2014 6:34:22 PM
siberian142 posted...
Erdong posted...

1,600,000. One "k" represents one thousand.

Then why not just say 1.6m. 1600k just looks weird.
---
All hail Satsuki-sama!
Hey hey Start Dash
#9CaptnMurica(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2014 6:52:19 PM(edited)
because the 3 next digits after the decimal point actually matter? omg shock!

the difference 1400k and 1479k on urban chaos separates a generic high level player from a master.

if you write 1.4m, no one is going to know how many significant digits you actually discarded. did you round up the numbers from 1.39 to 1.4? or did you discard the number right after 1.43?
what if someone wrote 1.5m? that's impossible because you actually couldn't achieve this score on urban chaos, then you will have to try and figure out his actual score between 1.450 and 1.485, screw that.
---
Yer rites 2 ur body end whar mah relijus freedumb biginz 'caus mah 1st 'mendmint > ur big gobamint! Taek persinal responzbility as GOD commands,skank! MURIKA
#10UnfoolishPosted 6/29/2014 9:21:33 PM
CaptnMurica posted...
I am talking about specifically time bonus route when playing duo on steel beast though. no $ for the dlc or whatever so I will never know how they do on those stages.

Yeah, you are correct Carla does very well on Steel Beast.

As for DLC maps, the best ones IMO worth buying; just all around fun to play on:
Catacombs, Rooftop Mission, Creature Workshop, High Seas Fortress, Rail Yard.

The other ones are Ok but very difficult and annoying when it comes to hijinks scores:
Liquid Fire, Requiem for War.