Tips for Mercenaries (I've read the FAQ)

#21DanielSpace79Posted 7/14/2014 3:01:17 PM
It is ridiculously cheap- luckily i had so much experience with the stage that eventually it just becomes second nature to handle them the moment they spawn. There was one run I had after hours and days and weeks of training with a partner. We had our routes memorized to a tea and we were doing fantastic, I think we had 20:58 at 122 with one timer left, Napad was still alive. I got momentarily distracted trying to set up a triple dog counter that I wasn't paying attention and it got to 127 and I didn't reach the spawn in time for the magnum cops. Easily lost a minute between constantly being shot and having to bullet kill thoose cheezy ass mother *******. ANd of course, then it dominoes into not dealing with the BSAA bloodshot right away so that we lost more time. Ended with 22:15 I think, we were so annoyed.

Cheers for doing that well with Helena- I one chose her and my friend went with Ada. We had a pretty good run until the end. It was slightly comical, because at 149 we were resorted to beating the Napad with our fists because neither of them has a good boss kill weapon and we didn't want to risk explosive crossbow killing another enemy- but we literally couldn't kill it in time and just finished him off the second the combo dropped. Ha
---
PSN: TheWorstType for RE6 and TLOU
Props to Hero-Dub for Reading my Novels
#22sbn4Posted 7/14/2014 10:03:08 PM
I don't have that much experience with the stage. That sounded like a nightmare based on what you just said. I don't think I'd have the patience to play that stage that much. Its far too annoying even when I play it casually sometimes. And I swear Capcom wrote the dog's AI specifically to piss me off. You ever have experiences where you hear the counter noise, but the dog still jumps you? So.... annoying. >:(

But that's quiet a bit of time on UC. I have no idea how to get that much honestly. I've never really tried to, but again, I think after the second attempt and after what you went through, I'd quit the stage for good. And isn't Helena's Hydra decent for dealing with the Nepad? I know at point blank its damage is decent and a pistol mag will kill him. Unless you guys ran out of ammo or were just trying to get 5 second from him.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#23DanielSpace79Posted 7/15/2014 11:19:22 AM
sbn4 posted...
You ever have experiences where you hear the counter noise, but the dog still jumps you? So.... annoying. >:(

Oh- you mean this? @ 8:40-8:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvKIM-bdM7U&list=UUjf00YfY-R82HkWVWfWHxAA
---
#24sbn4Posted 7/16/2014 7:26:04 AM
Yeah that. I think its happened to me even when I was host but I'm not sure. Its annoying. Sometimes I just kill them with 5 seconds because they are far too annoying to handle. Especially in MtD.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#25DanielSpace79Posted 7/17/2014 12:37:10 PM
Yes- for UC, MtD and RM me and my partner would agree that whoever was the host would take the route that had the most dogs because of that reason. Even a tiny lag meant that the counter would not only fail but that you'd just randomly get attacked by a dog without ever seeing him attack. Incredibly annoying.
---
#26UBrokeMahGaedarPosted 7/17/2014 2:03:13 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#27UBrokeMahGaedarPosted 7/17/2014 2:05:57 PM
the only things hard about steel beast are memorizing the spawns and dealing with napads.
at least you don't have 10 dogs trying to bite the crap out of you right when you are about to finish the the stage, and remember when strelats straight out run away from you and ruin your combo completely on mtd? it's even worse when he just get knocked off into the bottomless pit and doesn't register as combo kill.
---
While every1 cheered on as Optimus Prime executed defenseless enemies on the big screen, I left knowing the charismatic leader we looked up to was truly dead