It must be hard catering to its "fans" with this series..

#21TurduckenPosted 7/8/2014 3:58:24 PM
Aw. This could've been a half-decent topic if both sides had gotten grilled. There's certainly more than enough material. Instead you had to be lame and show your bias to ruin the fun. Too bad.
---
THE FIGHT WILL CONTINUE, AS LONG AS THE AMERICA INSIDE MY HEART IS STILL ALIVE
#22Moeman_Posted 7/8/2014 6:23:21 PM(edited)
Turducken posted...
Aw. This could've been a half-decent topic if both sides had gotten grilled. There's certainly more than enough material. Instead you had to be lame and show your bias to ruin the fun. Too bad.

Is this better?

"Bring back the horror Capcom! Dammit! I'm tired of shooting everything down! We want limited ammo! Even though the older games we praise had an overabundance of ammo, and we could finish with a full magazine for every gun on fresh play-throughs! Bring back the puzzles! Even though the puzzles were easy, and took ten minutes tops to figure out! Stop BSin', Capcom! Give us back our horror! Oh, and...!"

Alright, alright, jeez, enough. And in this corner, fans of Resident Evil since 4!

"Gimme a gun and I'll shoot! Give me more guns! RE6 had too many QTEs? RE6 didn't have ENOUGH QTEs. We want more QTE scenes like the Leon and Krauser knife fight! Tank controls are hard, even though both RE4 and RE5 had tank controls! Co-op is a must, despite the fact that it's usually only tacked on, and the partners in 6 and Revelations didn't even really mean anything in the grand scheme of battle! Don't listen to the old fans! They got the Operation games! Those are just like the original games, right?! Oh, and...!"

Jeez-a-lou, you're both terrible. Just burn the series down, Capcom. Forget Resident Evil.

Edit: I feel I should say I did this edit of the topic creator's original sentiments since it was clearly biased. This doesn't really reflect my thoughts on fans of the series at all. To be honest, I haven't actually seen anyone in the "Don't bring back survival horror RE" camp. At all. Ever. I do like the post-Code: Veronica games, especially for the multiplayer, but I do admit the first six games were much scarier than 4, 5, and 6, though Revelations was a definite step in the right direction--some of the Oozes and fights really had me panicking, and the atmosphere was terrifying.
---
"Be confident, think positive!"
#23KINGR1P(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2014 6:48:40 PM
How was my original post biased? I was poking fun at both fanbases. I already stated that I enjoy the newer and the older style of games and have been involved with the series since 98.

The reason why the other paragraph was shorter than the first paragraph depicting the older fans was because it was late and I got lazy creatively. So, I just summed it up.

Anyway, I still don't see how folks like RE5 more than RE6, but its not for me to understand apparently.

OT: to the person that said Eminem's albums have been garbage including his last one. Leave.
---
Currently Playing: SSF4AE, RE4, Fallout 3
SSF4 main: Vega Sub: Balrog Training: Cody & Sagat
#24TurduckenPosted 7/8/2014 7:45:03 PM
Is this better?

Yeah, that's a bit better. Everyone gets zinged.
---
THE FIGHT WILL CONTINUE, AS LONG AS THE AMERICA INSIDE MY HEART IS STILL ALIVE
#25SSJ_JinPosted 7/8/2014 8:22:23 PM
CPU-Z posted...
You've been keeping up with the game play for TEW as well, Jin? I agree that it looks pretty iffy so far. It retains too much of the ability to defend yourself, and the stalker fellow doesn't really seem special outside of a lame Nemesis from what's been shown so far.

Yeah. I'll most likely get it. I don't want to give the wrong idea, I'm not hating on the action style "survival horror" has become now. I loved Dead Space 1 after all. I just prefer how survival horror used to be over the new style.

But people who think Evil Within is gonna go back to the old way are only going to set themselves up for disappointment. At least, that's assuming they actually mean the old survival horror, (since some people do think RE4 is survival horror). Everything we've seen so far screams RE4. Not saying that's a bad thing. RE4 is my favorite of the new games anyway. But again, I think old RE is the best.

But then again, now that I think of it I'm not a fan of ghosts. I played the first Silent Hill. Even with movies, as far as horror goes I prefer the killers over ghosts and all that. Maybe I won't get it...You should let me know how it is first, then I'll decide. lol
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#26edward18Posted 7/8/2014 10:32:28 PM
Jin is back!
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#27gantaratPosted 7/9/2014 2:28:18 AM
'Let Them Hate, They're Still Going to buy/play game’

Capcom Bay Said
#28edward18Posted 7/9/2014 6:12:10 AM
I ain't givin' Capcom money until they give me Mega Legends 3.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#29Relentless639Posted 7/16/2014 1:28:43 AM
I do think it's possible to junction both things.
As a fan of classics, what I want most is a good setting, a grim mood (by aid of plot and sound design) and survival aspects (limited ammo, carrying capacity, alternat paths mixed with not-so-linear progression). On the other hand I think better aiming mechanics and controls are better.
I think this could be solved with game modes (mercs and Raid Mode) for action oriented playthrough, while the campaign itself is a survival horror test.

Optionally I think it would be possible to make fixed cameras in a real time 3D environment, and switch to OTS camera when aiming. I think that's what RE4 was going for in alpha stage. But TBQH I never seen this type of camera work implemented in a game, so I have no actual idea about the possible negatives.

Goldsickle posted...
A mod once said that if you hate a game and yet still hang around a forum of the hated game to make negative comments, that's considered trolling.

And I'd tell that mod, as long as I am properly justifying my opinion, he can't do a damn thing about it.
Fact is, posters gather around in the latest games' boards that aren't stagnant. I came here myself even though I hated 5 and don't have the slightest interest in even trying 6, but I still like other RE games.
On the other hand, if you go out of your way to post in every topic that the game sucks, then he'd be doing you a favour since it's better to be spending time playing games you like instead of wasting time in this s***hole.
#30ReceiverxWisdomPosted 7/16/2014 5:39:06 AM
edward18 posted...
I ain't givin' Capcom money until they give me Mega Legends 3.

IF Capcom won't do it others will. I just heard a few days ago from one of my friends that he asked Kenji about the possibility of expanding the Mighty.No 9 verse with a MML type of game and he said he certainly is open to the possibility of making a Legends style Mighty game.

Not to mention we already seen fan made remake trailers of Mega Man Legends 3 and Resident Evil 2. Also salt is in the wound since Capcom hasn't announced anything appeasing all year.
---
R* Social Club ID: Ren_Operative
PSN: LatinChris_9990