It must be hard catering to its "fans" with this series..

#71GoldsicklePosted 7/24/2014 10:54:38 PM(edited)
Neutron15 posted...
but you hate the old school type so youre not a true fan

The whole "true fan" business is utter nonsense.

Developers and publishers don't care who buys their games, as long as their games are sold.

Neutron15 posted...
also now their are backtracking hopefully to old school RE

Absolutely no confirmation of them doing so.
---
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)
#72LightningaIePosted 7/25/2014 2:26:59 AM
Guys, just stop responding Goldsickle. You're going to get nothing but vapid, uninspired "but the staff said and did this and that so it's okay and they know better than the fans" malarkey that has been disproven time and time again.

And as I said, Capcom's business practices have ultimately failed them this past gen by putting them in a mess. So there's no reason to listen to his fallacies.
#73GoldsicklePosted 7/25/2014 5:10:15 AM
LightningaIe posted...
Guys, just stop responding Goldsickle.

Unlike you, other people actually try to engage in an intelligent conversation.

No need to drag them down to your level.
---
#74BlueSalvationPosted 7/25/2014 5:23:45 AM
Goldsickle posted...

Unlike you, other people actually try to engage in an intelligent conversation.

No need to drag them down to your level.

Intelligent conversation? On the Internet? Haha! That's a good one. Do you have any more jokes?
---
Claire: Thanks. I'll do that.
Steve: Hey. I was just kidding. There's no way he can get here, even if he is your brother.
#75Relentless639Posted 7/25/2014 2:29:27 PM
This was what I was talking about before, 3D with fixed cameras and alternating OTS aiming:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKWUTVl6UVk#t=4m50s
This RE4 clearly has too much supernatural, but the mood is just right, I wonder who's the idiot responsible for including the s***ty castle and island instead of these areas.

Goldsickle posted...
The problem mostly lies in the fanboys having made-up standards that must be fulfilled.
They're the ones ruining their own enjoyment.

You mean like expecting a survival horror game from a series that started as survival horror?
#76GoldsicklePosted 7/25/2014 3:18:24 PM
Relentless639 posted...
You mean like expecting a survival horror game from a series that started as survival horror?

That is a made-up rule.
There is no law in game-making that if a franchise starts in a manner, it has to stay that way forever.

You can go ahead and 'debunk' this by bringing up examples of "game series that never changes over the years" but that has no bearing on RE's direction.

The funny thing about this is how before the news about Shinji's decision was more common knowledge, we have a lot of fanboys acting like Shinji's White Knight.
A lot of people assumed that RE4 existed due to executive meddling and would post messages like "Capcom forced Shinji to turn RE into a shooter" or "RE needs to return to the hands of Shinji".

They all act like they're defenders of the franchise, fighting for the rights of self-expression and so on.
When I bring up how it was completely the team's decision to change, these fanboys are already too submerged in their assumptions to believe in it.

After posting all the evidence, we get Shinji haters left and right.
The ones who argued in favor of "self-expression" and the rights for Shinji to do what he wants regardless of fan demands change their stances overnight to "Shinji/Capcom must listen to us veterans!".

In the end, it was all false "loyalty".
The only thing they were loyal to was their own selfishness.
---
#77Relentless639Posted 7/25/2014 3:51:32 PM
Goldsickle posted...
That is a made-up rule.
There is no law in game-making that if a franchise starts in a manner, it has to stay that way forever.

Sure, some games stay true, some mutate (usually to worst).
Was there a point to turn it into a derivative TPS though?
Because I already had much better TPS games available I'd rather (re)play while RE lost the features that made me buy the classics. Then what was the point of the game's existance in the first place, other than to sell?

You may likely be against it, but a principle I will always follow, is that, if a company releases a game in a well known series, giving the name of the series I mean (plus the number/subtitle), not an admited spin off, if they use the series name's popularity to sell, then I reserve the right to judge it as a game in the series as well. Otherwise it's just a cheap marketing scam to sell a crappy product.

And we are full of cases like this this last gen (PS3/360).
#78GoldsicklePosted 7/25/2014 4:08:09 PM
Relentless639 posted...
Was there a point to turn it into a derivative TPS though?

RE always had a focus on shooting, from the very start.
Having shooter-style mechanics is a natural evolution.

Then what was the point of the game's existance in the first place, other than to sell?

It was originally a Doom-style FPS with co-op but they switched to fixed camera because Shinji wanted the character to be visible on-screen.
Before that, it was a remake for an old RPG.
Like almost any other franchise, RE's development history is a random mess of canceled ideas and afterthoughts.

Seriously, must there be a special reason for a game's existence?
Can't it just exist?

if they use the series name's popularity to sell, then I reserve the right to judge it as a game in the series as well.

It's up to you if you want to ruin your own enjoyment with very demanding standards.
Meanwhile, I'll judge each release as separate games.
---
#79Relentless639Posted 7/25/2014 4:46:58 PM
Goldsickle posted...
RE always had a focus on shooting, from the very start.
Having shooter-style mechanics is a natural evolution.

You could unlock costumes since the first game and the game always had qt girls, why didn't it become a dressing/waifu simulator instead?
#80GoldsicklePosted 7/25/2014 9:49:55 PM
Relentless639 posted...
You could unlock costumes since the first game and the game always had qt girls, why didn't it become a dressing/waifu simulator instead?

Hyperbole. The usual.

I guess we're done?
---