Best resident evil soundtrack?

#1BrunozaynPosted 7/8/2014 11:54:31 AMmessage detail
For me pray - Resident evil 5

It's really beautiful and sad
---
Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! -Albert wesker
#2piecemealcrankyPosted 7/8/2014 12:19:50 PMmessage detail
Not a fan of their OSTs (especially when they were often compared to the Silent Hill series back in the day; inferior in every way IMO) but I really have a nostalgic feeling everytime I listen to RE2 and Outbreak. RE3 not so much but 2 was definitely one of my favorites in terms of the more formal arranged pieces (like the one at the hall in the police department).
---
May piece be upon you.
#3edward18Posted 7/8/2014 12:32:54 PMmessage detail
Close tie between CV and 2, but I'd have to say CV. Has a lot more songs that are actually like songs and much more orchestral and grand. 2's main driving points are things like the Third Malformation of G (which I've NEVER understood why they left out of Darkside since it's practically a main theme of the game) and the Self Destruct Sequence and the final fight with the T-103 and stuff.

I would've said Remake, but that more or less has ambient noises as melodies (which is good, just not as much of "songs" as the others).

Oh, and no one ever forgets the Outbreak Theme and Third Time's the Charm.

Another honorable mention has to be Nemesis' final fight theme.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#4GaullerPosted 7/8/2014 4:11:25 PMmessage detail
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5FreakyFrancPosted 7/9/2014 12:19:51 AMmessage detail
Freakin' RE2 soundtrack.

I tell ya of all of the games in the series,dat game had a real good horror soundtrack.
#6Dark__ThronePosted 7/9/2014 4:12:35 AMmessage detail
REmake is by far the scariest but I gotta go with Code Veronica. Every track is a masterpiece in that game
---
"Are you dead!? HUH!? CARNAGE!!!"
#7good_tobiPosted 7/9/2014 12:20:55 PMmessage detail
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wj4uCjymO4
---
Don't need sharingan to see this.
#8Blackfox2240Posted 7/10/2014 12:52:54 AMmessage detail
They all have amazing tracks. I think overall I'd have to say 2,3, or Code Veronica X.
#9ItsAboutStylePosted 7/10/2014 1:22:46 AMmessage detail
REmake. Although RE2 is definitely pretty damn close (its nostalgic effect it has over me doesn't help). Also, as awful as I think CVX is, it does have an awesome OST.
---
You aren't exactly Mister Current Affairs are you, Tommy? "Mad Fist" went mad, and "The Gun," shot himself.
#10GiftedACIIIPosted 7/10/2014 11:45:16 AMmessage detail
5, by far, followed by RE2 and CV.
---
Only a complete moron would commit the same violation over and over even after being warned for it