Would anyone else prefer a RE3 remake over an RE2 one?

#1KINGR1PPosted 7/9/2014 12:52:26 AM
I like RE2 as much as the next man, but we would just end up in the police station at least 75% of the game. With RE3 we would at least be able to explore Raccoon City on a grander scale, have Jill, more entertaining set pieces, a wildly armed Nemesis booking at you, have Jill, and it just seems like it would open up more room for Capcom to add more areas in the city.

More puzzles. More exploration. More zombies. Different enemies spread out and spawning at different locations like how the original attempted to do. Seeing various survivors fighting for their lives in the distance with an incentive to help them out.

I don't know a RE3 remake just seems to make much more sense on a larger scale of things.

If you think RE2 should be remade I'm not against it, but how would they do it? How would you do it?
---
Currently Playing: SSF4AE, RE4, Fallout 3
SSF4 main: Vega Sub: Balrog Training: Cody & Sagat
#2BasementDudePosted 7/9/2014 1:01:46 AM
if they decide to make it like 6's core gameplay, then 3. anything like the main numbered ones before 6, then 2
---
number of e-huggies received today: 300,000
number of e-huggies wanted daily: 1,000,000 total e-huggies received: 448,827,496
#3sadiq2010Posted 7/9/2014 1:12:45 AM
yes i do.

because i love the nemesis character, he is really scary.
#4Dark__ThronePosted 7/9/2014 4:17:07 AM
The thing is with a RE2/3 remake I feel it couldn't be as scary as the REmake simply because the setting. RE1 had the creepy ass mansion surrounded woodlands and everything had a dark and gloomy vibe. RE3 and RE2 are set in urban environments which I don't think are as scary.
---
"Are you dead!? HUH!? CARNAGE!!!"
#5sbn4Posted 7/9/2014 6:24:54 AM
I personally like RE3 more than RE2 so I would like an RE3 remake over an RE2 one.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#6IlDankoPosted 7/9/2014 6:27:45 AM
Yes... Although i would prefer both games fused into 1 game.
---
Crawling back to you.
PSN: Dan21993
#7edward18Posted 7/9/2014 7:10:18 AM
Yes, obviously some people would. I however wouldn't. Easily the weakest of the classics to me.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#8ZeroX2010Posted 7/9/2014 9:58:55 AM
IlDanko posted...
Yes... Although i would prefer both games fused into 1 game.

This. Code Veronica was suppose to be RE3, but execs at SCE threw a fit that they weren't originally getting the game.
#9KINGR1P(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2014 10:31:04 AM
Dark__Throne posted...
The thing is with a RE2/3 remake I feel it couldn't be as scary as the REmake simply because the setting. RE1 had the creepy ass mansion surrounded woodlands and everything had a dark and gloomy vibe. RE3 and RE2 are set in urban environments which I don't think are as scary.

I agree. The setting in the original RE was perfect, and the REmake did an excellent job capitalizing on this fact. However, witht he technology we have today they could easily make RE3 have a more creepy vibe kind of like RE4's village but with a more intense feel.

The thing I'm worried about most is how Nemesis would be done. Some people got annoyed with how he appeared so much, so should his appearances be more scripted or random? I think after the police station segment he should be more random, but have him be able to actually chase you past one or two rooms. Simply going outside should not be able to save you when he appears especially if its a "forced" encounter. Save rooms should still be safe though.

I'm all for having them fuse RE2 with the game since let's be real all 3 of the scenarios weren't very long at all. They should just have you be able to pick scenarios at the beginning of the game, but have Jill's campaign unlocked after you beat Claire or Leon's.

Capcom could EASILY make this a hit even with the RE6 controls. They just need to tweak a few things to not make it a cheese fest imo.
---
Currently Playing: SSF4AE, RE4, Fallout 3
SSF4 main: Vega Sub: Balrog Training: Cody & Sagat
#10TheSkinniMini1Posted 7/9/2014 10:35:52 AM
It's funny that had CV been RE3, Claire would have been the first character to make back to back appearances as well as the first female to make a 2nd game appearance instead of Jill (this is me assuming Nemesis was never made at all).
---
Why do I like video games? Easy. They're journeys that you decide to take on and explore.