Would anyone else prefer a RE3 remake over an RE2 one?

#21Neutron15Posted 7/12/2014 10:05:55 PM
edward18 posted...
Yes, obviously some people would. I however wouldn't. Easily the weakest of the classics to me.

youre wrong
---
I WISH AGNI'S PHILOSOPHY BECOMES FINAL FANTASY XVI
#22parkourboybryanPosted 7/13/2014 5:53:32 AM
I like RE3 better than RE2, so yes. However, my hope is that since they take place around the same time and in a few of the same environments, that if they were ever remade, they'd just be combined into one gigantic game.
---
Anxiously awaiting the next Mirror's Edge.
Waiting for the day Capcom makes a true Survival Horror Resident Evil game again.
#23Starwind128Posted 7/13/2014 7:01:47 AM
If they are going to continue with the action direction an RE3 remake would probably make more sense, but I would prefer a RE2 remake done similar to REmake.
---
R.I.P. Resident Evil 1996-2005 You will be dearly missed.
Official Clerith of the FFVII board.
#24sbn4Posted 7/13/2014 2:33:05 PM
RE3 with RE5 and especially RE6 style controls and aggressive enemy AI would be amazing actually. I felt a lot of the fighting against Nemesis felt clunky because of how rigid Jill was.

I think Nemesis fights could be quiet amazing if Jill had some of the playability that RE6 characters have.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#25GoldsicklePosted 7/13/2014 10:31:49 PM
Nemesis fights shouldn't be completely scripted like in the original RE3.
He could actually be randomly stalking and appearing, like the stalkers in Haunting Ground.

If you can see or hear him coming, you can avoid fights by using the cover mechanics to hide behind objects.
Or maybe even hiding in lockers, like in Outbreak and RE6.

But if you want those sweet, sweet item drops like the Infinite Ammo or free Assault Rifle, you will need to defeat him.

If an RE3 remake uses current generation hardware (like the PS4 & XOne), then it's possible for the entire accessible portion of Raccoon City to be loaded at once and the Nemesis could be anywhere on the map, sometimes maybe even hiding in advance to ambush you.
---
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)
#26sbn4Posted 7/14/2014 8:52:50 AM
^ That would be..... AWESOME.

And HD Jill would make me a happy person even if the RE3 costume sucks. :)
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#27Grimmgamer13Posted 7/14/2014 9:53:16 AM
I would actually tend to agree that I'd rather RE3 get an overhaul than 2 ( though my mind changes all the time lol ).

Honestly, I'd just be happy if we got the same quality, pre rendered backgrounds as REmake, regardless of which title is done. IMO, you can't beat the level of detail and atmosphere that pre rendered backgrounds can convey.

As far as the OTS camera vs fixed camera angles, I'm torn. If it's like REmake, I'll barely notice if it has tank controls or fixed camera angles lol. However, especially with RE3, the more intense action sequences ( Nemesis fights, zombies busting into the pharmacy, the entire opening sequence lol ) might benefit greatly with the RE6 camera and control scheme. I can't decide!
#28Ravagestorm1Posted 7/14/2014 8:13:01 PM
Goldsickle posted...
Nemesis fights shouldn't be completely scripted like in the original RE3.
He could actually be randomly stalking and appearing, like the stalkers in Haunting Ground.

If you can see or hear him coming, you can avoid fights by using the cover mechanics to hide behind objects.
Or maybe even hiding in lockers, like in Outbreak and RE6.

But if you want those sweet, sweet item drops like the Infinite Ammo or free Assault Rifle, you will need to defeat him.

If an RE3 remake uses current generation hardware (like the PS4 & XOne), then it's possible for the entire accessible portion of Raccoon City to be loaded at once and the Nemesis could be anywhere on the map, sometimes maybe even hiding in advance to ambush you.

That is my dream RE game. Too bad Capcom is too dumb to realize this potential. Even Shinji Mikami is still using scripted events in The Evil Within even the "stalking boss" is scripted which makes the game feel like a last gen game. Meanwhile Alien: Isolation has a dedicated AI for the Alien's movements which make it unpredictable.
#2971ravnPosted 7/14/2014 8:37:04 PM(edited)
Go the way of FFX(-2) HD and put it all on one disc. As has been said, "we have the technology".

As for the camera/controls scheme, Grimm, think the one I proposed might work?: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605603-resident-evil-6/69404285

Also, there was a proposed (or WIP) RE2 remake in RE5(ish)-style:
-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMpSQdSaBcA
-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fpo4wuBu2E
---
My karma ran over your dogma.
PSN: Raven-Ghosthawk
#30GoldsicklePosted 7/14/2014 11:06:51 PM
Ravagestorm1 posted...
That is my dream RE game. Too bad Capcom is too dumb to realize this potential. Even Shinji Mikami is still using scripted events in The Evil Within even the "stalking boss" is scripted which makes the game feel like a last gen game. Meanwhile Alien: Isolation has a dedicated AI for the Alien's movements which make it unpredictable.

The Ustanak "run and hide" encounters in RE6 were also very shallow, if compared to those stalker moments in Haunting Ground.

You weren't actually hiding from Ustanak but the Okos.
---
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)