Would anyone else prefer a RE3 remake over an RE2 one?

#31KINGR1P(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2014 12:20:06 PM
Goldsickle posted...
Nemesis fights shouldn't be completely scripted like in the original RE3.
He could actually be randomly stalking and appearing, like the stalkers in Haunting Ground.

If you can see or hear him coming, you can avoid fights by using the cover mechanics to hide behind objects.
Or maybe even hiding in lockers, like in Outbreak and RE6.

But if you want those sweet, sweet item drops like the Infinite Ammo or free Assault Rifle, you will need to defeat him.

If an RE3 remake uses current generation hardware (like the PS4 & XOne), then it's possible for the entire accessible portion of Raccoon City to be loaded at once and the Nemesis could be anywhere on the map, sometimes maybe even hiding in advance to ambush you.

This. THIS x1000!! This would make a near perfect horror game. Day one buy for me.

However, Capcom would be too lazy to implement these kind of details in the game play. This was essentially what I was trying to hint at earlier. Revelations proved they could move in the right direction, but if they took it a few steps further as Goldsickle just described we could have a masterpiece.

They could easily implement a lot of the same elements in RE2. They could make getting to the police station seem more difficult with loads of zombies everywhere, different people getting eaten/attacked on the way across the screen with the option to help, and if you did they could give you ammo and part ways with you.

Once you get to the police station though I feel like there should be a lot of enemies and Lickers should be rare but deadly. They should be really agile able to leap from wall to wall to on top of you for massive damage. Dogs should be able to pounce you and if there is another one alive then he automatically goes for your face and its game over. Zombies should be more attracted to blood so when you get hurt they begin to come through the boarded up windows in pursuit of you, but keep their slow creepiness.

Mr. X shouldn't be scripted and should be able to pop up ANYWHERE at ANY TIME. I dare want to say that on the harder difficulties he should pop up during other boss fights like Birkin or directly after to kind of cheese you into wasting more ammo.

Ammo should be so scarce that you're forced to use the knife. Period. No more gung-ho moments, and guns should only be used during mass outbreaks as well as boss battles not to shoot down Ronald the zombie in a room by himself.

Also.......the return of Crimson heads!!! The twist is that not every zombie can come back but just make it random, and have the time they resurrect vary so you're never truly aware of which zombie will come back to life.

The RE3 campaign should be CRAWLING WITH ZOMBIES and lesser BOWs. There's no excuse. You're in a city completely overran by zombies. While you're out heading or searching for your next destination you should be able to witness other survivors and either save them or let them die for their ammo, or if you help them they can offer an even bigger reward.

Since RE3 allowed you to make your own ammo, then would it be reaching if it could return in the newer game?

Make it happen Capcom!!
---
Currently Playing: SSF4AE, RE4, Fallout 3
SSF4 main: Vega Sub: Balrog Training: Cody & Sagat
#32CPU-ZPosted 7/16/2014 12:16:03 AM
To answer TC's question in the topic title, I would wholeheartedly say no. I would say **** yes to Goldsickle's idea, and mesh RE3 with RE2 into one complete package.
#33GoldsicklePosted 7/16/2014 12:19:59 AM
I suddenly have one too many alternate accounts in this thread.
---
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)
#34CPU-ZPosted 7/16/2014 12:32:38 AM
Goldsickle posted...
I suddenly have one too many alternate accounts in this thread.

I'm lost. Care to elaborate?
#35GoldsicklePosted 7/16/2014 12:40:36 AM(edited)
CPU-Z posted...

You know the logic from sore losers.

"If someone agrees with Goldsickle, that's his alternate account".
---
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)
#36CPU-ZPosted 7/16/2014 12:43:21 AM
Goldsickle posted...
CPU-Z posted...

You know the logic from sore losers.

"If someone agrees with Goldsickle, that's his alternate account".

Oooh. Joke post. Gotcha.