For co-op -- this or Resident Evil 5 Gold?

#11ManjiSTPPosted 7/9/2014 5:53:35 PM
True, and it crosses over quite naturally with the other pair of characters.

OP, I assume you'll be playing locally with your girlfriend? RE6 co-op works a bit differently locally (i.e. better, since you can trade ammo and stuff) so bear that in mind. Not sure how/if RE5 differs locally.

I'd recommend both. You can get RE6 for 8 off Amazon UK, and RE5 Gold for about 10. In terms of story, 6 isn't really a continuation although it does use some of the same characters or refer to some of the same organisations and so on. If any RE game is recommended before playing these in order to understand the story, it's gotta be RE1 and RE2, but they're VERY different types of games and aren't co-op.
#12Akay4Posted 7/20/2014 7:34:32 PM
I'd suggest 5 Gold if you want a more challenging and fun experience with a touch of survival horror (nowhere near the previous games though) and 6 if you want a more shooter-like experience. I've been enjoying 5 Gold more myself, but I AM a strange person (and playing single player), so I don't know if that matters at all.
#13LeftiesRulePosted 7/21/2014 9:53:32 AM
I have both REs.

I've beaten RE5 Amateur-Professional, I also have the infinite rocket launcher.

I'm currently on my Vetern playthrough on RE6.

Unfortunately I only own a 360. But I'll be more than happy to play campaign/story mode. No mercenaries.
---
Claire Redfield is the hottest female protagonist in the RE series/franchise.
#14BlueSalvationPosted 7/21/2014 10:14:29 AM
LeftiesRule posted...
I have both REs.

I've beaten RE5 Amateur-Professional, I also have the infinite rocket launcher.

I'm currently on my Vetern playthrough on RE6.

Unfortunately I only own a 360. But I'll be more than happy to play campaign/story mode. No mercenaries.

Are you creating a Resident Evil dating profile? Not the best place to pick up gamers when no such request has been made in this topic.
---
Claire: Thanks. I'll do that.
Steve: Hey. I was just kidding. There's no way he can get here, even if he is your brother.
#15LeftiesRulePosted 7/21/2014 12:44:55 PM
BlueSalvation posted...
Are you creating a Resident Evil dating profile? Not the best place to pick up gamers when no such request has been made in this topic.

No i'm just offering help to who ever needs help.

But if you wanna stoop to the whole "dating profile" thing, I created one just so I can play with your girlfriend. I had lots of fun.
---
Claire Redfield is the hottest female protagonist in the RE series/franchise.
#16BlueSalvationPosted 7/21/2014 12:58:02 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#17DarkD3stinyPosted 7/31/2014 4:54:16 AM
Someone offering to help others gets treated like that? Wow what a jerk.
#18BlueSalvationPosted 7/31/2014 5:34:23 AM(edited)
My post gets modded a year later (metaphorically posting) in an essentially dead board? Haha. I know who is responsible for this so I am content. It's not Lefties that reported it because he took it like a champ.
---
Human beings want to be controlled. They forsake those who offer no benefit. They laud those with power! They can do nothing for themselves!- Dauragon C.Mikado
#19Grimmgamer13Posted 7/31/2014 8:40:59 AM
RE5 definitely has the better story and is more beginner friendly ( imo ), it's also a fun co op game if that's what you're lookin for.

RE6, while being worse story wise, has a whole lot more options as far as combat is concerned and more variety ( 4 campaigns, Agent Hunt ).

I suggest starting with the Gold Edition of 5 and, if you both enjoy it, trying out 6.
#20SetsunahenryPosted 7/31/2014 9:49:08 PM
How did people manage to finish RE5 Pro mode?
---
Currently Play F2P : ACI , SCLS
Waiting: The Evil Within (Release on October 14th 2014)