you know, the plot could have been much simpler if Sherry... (minor spoiler)

#1bybyrPosted 7/11/2014 4:40:59 PM
...just killed Jake in the first place and make an antibody from his blood, and disposed his body so neo umbrella couldn't get his blood. Wouldn't that make things much simpler?
#2Hewie3Posted 7/11/2014 4:53:19 PM
Uhm, I suppose?

I still like how she freaks out about losing his data when she has him...that whole snow part was unnecessary.
---
PSN ID: LeonHart32
#3bybyr(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2014 5:03:54 PM
and basically, whenever jake was killed, sherry could just carry his dead body and told the us government, that she got his corpse and us government doesn't need to pay a licensing fee for his blood... :p someone needs to write a fanfic of this.
#4UBrokeMahGaedarPosted 7/11/2014 8:56:12 PM
or sherry could just bang jake and get a combination of both her super powers and his antibodies!
---
While every1 cheered on as Optimus Prime executed defenseless enemies on the big screen, I left knowing the charismatic leader we looked up to was truly dead
#5ManjiSTPPosted 7/11/2014 9:52:07 PM
Just imagine if the US government kept tighter controls on what companies do within its borders, you'd have no Resident Evil at all.

Sort of on this topic. is there ever a reason given for these oddities in RE4:

- Why is it just Leon sent in alone to get the President's daughter? Surely the US government could tell the Spanish government and either be allowed to send in the Marines or whatever, or the Spanish army could go in.

- You can't say they wanted to send him in alone for covert reasons because (a) he ends up coming to the village with two other people (b) he's not exactly being subtle, just walking right up to the villagers and talking to them about the President's daughter (c) The various bad guy head honchos all know he's there anyway after a short while.

- On that note, why exactly DOES Leon arrive with two random cops? Did he call at the local police station and ask if anyone wants to hang out with him 'cause he was lonely?

- Since Leon is in almost constant radio contact with Hunnigan, why doesn't he just ask for backup, or an airlift? He could hide out somewhere with Ashley while the US send in Delta Force to pick them up, then bomb the hell out of the village (or the Spanish army could do that).

- Even if he doesn't want to ask himself for some weird reason, surely Hunnigan would inform the President or other important US officials of the fact that Leon has found his daughter but is in deep trouble and could really use some help?

None of these things tend to be problems in other REs because there's either no constant radio contact between the playable characters and anyone in a position of power, or they're ALREADY going in in force, like Chris' campaign in RE6. In addition, in the majority of REs, the playable characters end up in that situation by mistake, e.g. Claire and Leon in RE2 or Jill in RE3. In RE1, STARS were meant to go to the mansion but the whole thing was a setup designed to trap them there and cut them off. In RE4, it's a mission organised by the most important and powerful people in America and it doesn't make any sense at all, even within RE logic.
#6sbn4Posted 7/12/2014 1:08:15 AM
Yeah, because the moment I booted up Jake's campaign I so got the feeling that Sherry was stone cold killer. Maybe he was needed alive. Sherry did mention NeoUmbrella was trying to capture him dead or alive. But maybe he was needed alive for the vaccine.

If anything the better question is why the hell did NeoUmbrella keep Jake and especially Sherry alive after they got what they needed from them.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#7GoldsicklePosted 7/12/2014 4:21:29 AM
ManjiSTP posted...
- Why is it just Leon sent in alone to get the President's daughter? Surely the US government could tell the Spanish government and either be allowed to send in the Marines or whatever, or the Spanish army could go in.

Some people I discussed with argues that the US government's options are limited and they can only send a few people at a time for one reason or another.

But the fact that they can prepare another extraction chopper immediately after their first one got shot down shows that the US can send as many people as they want.

The real answer is forced challenge by game design.

sbn4 posted...
If anything the better question is why the hell did NeoUmbrella keep Jake and especially Sherry alive after they got what they needed from them.

Both their bodies carry special properties and it might be better to keep the hosts alive than dead in order to get the most out of them.
---
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)
#8Neo_LedahPosted 7/12/2014 4:39:04 AM
Maybe Carla Radames called in a few favors and bought out some influences within The Family to brief Sherry that she'd need Jake alive, of course for her own reasons. After all it took her 6 months of constant drawing of Jake's blood just to make THREE enhaced C Virus samples.