[Off topic] After the events of 1/REmake and before 2/3, how did the city get...

#11Relentless639(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2014 1:41:39 PM
http://residentevil.wikia.com/History_of_RESIDENT_EVIL
Heh, I could've googled this sooner, and it also reports how rats were responsible for the spread.

It's kinda curious because as I (re)play REmake again I am getting intrigued by the story of this series.
It's a pity that most of the games never took it seriously. Between bad voice acting, stupid lines and the ridiculous events after (including) 4, this series had the potential to have a great story suported by the background alone. I think REmake, and maybe RE3 are the ones that look alright in terms of story telling.
What motivated me to search more, as I replay REmake, is the story of the Trevors. Now, I don't get scared nor disgusted by horror games anymore (unfortunately), however, sad stories still get me thinking after I stop playing, and they help a ton setting the mood. The memo of how Gearge Trevor was setup to fall into his own grave and wait there for his death and how is daughter Lisa Trevor got infected, lived in reclusion in that s***hole, being a guinea pig for like 20 years is kinda sad.

One game that also caused this kind of "history horror" was another Capcom NES game called Sweet Home, which also takes place in a mansion, with puzzles, memos laying about, limited inventory and party management (quite advanced for a NES title), and it's a Survival/RPG hybrid.
It has stereotypical horror monsters, it's not a bio-hazard like RE, more like fantasy horror. But there's a really dark story behind the murders there, and the motives for them also shocked me a bit.

Right now I'm also interested in the side characters and their events during the classics, in particular, HUNK.
I think that instead of taking on the global spread of the virus so soon, they should've focused more on Racoon City for a while longer.
I like RE4 as a 3rd Person Shooter, but not as a RE game. And having a Spanish cult (in Europe, away from NA's Racoon City) kidnaping the PRESIDENT's daughter (which was even equiped with ballistics and all that...), having a vertically challenged weirdo that was an adult but acted like a kid anyway, the oh-so-mighty and arrogant villain didn't do anything good to the story. Punching boulders didn't help either.
Everything just escalated so suddenly that simple zombies were reduced to cannon fodder instead being an actual threat.

Lastly, I am wondering if a game set in the 60/70s would make a great setting for a RE game.
#12SiLVeR_420Posted 7/15/2014 2:27:58 PM
SSJ_Jin posted...
Or you can play RE2 since it shows it as well...Not sure why you guys didn't mention it. >_>

The real question is how the city didn't get infected after RE1 because I doubt the mansion exploding killed all the dogs and whatever else in the forest...

I think the mansion I super far away from the city.
---
All hail Satsuki-sama!
Hey hey Start Dash
#13SSJ_JinPosted 7/15/2014 2:54:04 PM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
SSJ_Jin posted...
Or you can play RE2 since it shows it as well...Not sure why you guys didn't mention it. >_>

The real question is how the city didn't get infected after RE1 because I doubt the mansion exploding killed all the dogs and whatever else in the forest...

I think the mansion I super far away from the city.

Could be a possibility. Personally I just put it in the plotholes and "because video game" category. I mean the RE1 zombies were so smart that they left the mansion, fed on people, then returned back. Zombies never do this anymore in RE, nor did those victims turn apparently.

Along with that, the monsters in the woods, and how Leon and Claire got into Raccoon City...."because video game." lol

Maybe that RE1 novel made an explanation that, although not canon, could make sense of it. I meant to order RE1 and 2, but I haven't yet.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#14edward18Posted 7/15/2014 11:24:53 PM
The rats carried it to the citizens, not the water supply. T-infected creatures just pass on the virus chaotically is all.

As for people getting into the city, it's never made any damn sense how so many characters got in and out with the supposed blockade around it.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#15ReceiverxWisdomPosted 7/16/2014 11:31:12 AM
edward18 posted...
The rats carried it to the citizens, not the water supply. T-infected creatures just pass on the virus chaotically is all.

As for people getting into the city, it's never made any damn sense how so many characters got in and out with the supposed blockade around it.

If they ever REmake 2 I hope they fix all these inconsistencies especially the police station barriers totally being gone by the time Leon/Claire arrives.
---
R* Social Club ID: Ren_Operative
PSN: LatinChris_9990
#16SSJ_JinPosted 7/16/2014 11:37:38 AM
ReceiverxWisdom posted...
edward18 posted...

If they ever REmake 2 I hope they fix all these inconsistencies especially the police station barriers totally being gone by the time Leon/Claire arrives.

Forget the police barriers. They need to put some bathrooms in that mug.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#17SiLVeR_420Posted 7/16/2014 2:29:05 PM
SSJ_Jin posted...
ReceiverxWisdom posted...
edward18 posted...

Forget the police barriers. They need to put some bathrooms in that mug.

Being a former museum you'd think it'd have those.
---
All hail Satsuki-sama!
Hey hey Start Dash
#18Da DoodPosted 7/16/2014 2:44:49 PM
And the mansion in RE1 only had the one bathroom. I'm guessing people don't "go" all that often in Raccoon City. Which is strange considering the huge sewer system.
---
And this time!
#19SiLVeR_420Posted 7/16/2014 3:10:58 PM
There were bathrooms in Outbreak.
---
All hail Satsuki-sama!
Hey hey Start Dash
#20bybyrPosted 7/19/2014 5:24:43 AM
Not raccoons?