Resident Evil: Revelations 2 possible leak and Evil Within footage

#1SSJ_JinPosted 7/14/2014 6:52:21 AM
Course it's taken down now, but on a Russian site it was listed along with a DmC remaster for PS4/Xone.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=853942

A few users in the thread said the site is supposed to be legit. But since this is a speculation thread with nothing else more, here's some Evil Within stuff. Footage starts around 20 min, sorry the user who posted it didn't time stamp it, I'm in the middle of watching, and I'm that lazy to go back and time stamp it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voFXIyqf4LY
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#2Dark__ThronePosted 7/14/2014 9:53:35 AM
Evil Within is looking so awesome. Can't wait for that and Alien Isolation.

For me to like REvelations 2 they need to do 2 thins... Remove the AI partner and get rid of all the actionfest chapters. If they made Revelations with just you exploring the creepy ship (with maybe better enemy designs) and just had you meet Parker during cutscenes it would've been perfect. But they kinda f***ed it up.
---
"Are you dead!? HUH!? CARNAGE!!!"
#3sbn4Posted 7/14/2014 9:57:35 AM
Wait, why the hell are they remastering DmC? That game was bad enough as it is.

And I wonder if that mural I posted a while back with Claire in it still means she's the main character. Either way, I hope this side game will be more comparing that the original Revelations. That game was pointless and was as interesting as dish water to boot.

And Evil Within may not be a true horror game, but I think it will be awesome. In Shinji Mikami we trust.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#4Grimmgamer13Posted 7/14/2014 10:28:02 AM
... Interesting
#5edward18Posted 7/14/2014 11:03:23 AM
And I still say **** Shinji.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#6Dark__ThronePosted 7/14/2014 11:29:04 AM
edward18 posted...
And I still say **** Shinji.

Hell nah I love Mikami. Never made a bad game IMO and I believe Evil Within will be another masterpiece
---
#7edward18Posted 7/14/2014 11:34:45 AM
I'll just never get over the crap he pulled with RE4.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
#8Dark__ThronePosted 7/14/2014 11:43:13 AM
I know how RE4 technically "s***s all over the RE series" but RE4 is still one of the best games ever. It's just not very good as an RE game.
---
#9edward18Posted 7/14/2014 12:36:23 PM
exactly
---
#10parkourboybryanPosted 7/14/2014 1:01:13 PM
Here's what Revelations 2 needs:

-Better Puzzles: There were only a few puzzles and some that were there, like the door unlock were completely overused. Add some that take better advantage of files and multiple key items.
-No AI partner: Leave the co-op for the Raid Mode, and let me explore on my own. It ups the tension when there's no one watching my back, even if that someone didn't do jack s***.
-No more HUD indications: No more yellow indicators on my map telling me where to go, let me wander around and explore instead of explicitly being told where to go.
-Less Ammunition: I'm fine with being able to stun and Melee attack enemies. But if I'm able to, give me less ammo as a compensator to give me incentive to do so.
-Save Files: I don't know why it was taken out past RE4, but bring it back, it kinda goes without saying.
-Less Action segments: If Revelations took place entirely through Jill's eyes, or if the portions as the other players played similarly to Jill's segments, then it would've granted the game less of the identity crisis it suffered from, and it could've had better focus.
-Have Enemies follow you through rooms again: The enemies in the series that did this (Nemesis, Thanatos, Tyrant-R, etc.) gave the best scares, and made that running through doors doesn't make you safe anymore.
-Make Raid Mode More In-Depth: I liked what was there, but the co-op elements would've been better had there been moments where they split up to solve puzzles separately, or have to work together to fight bosses, similarly to RE Outbreak's Puzzle mechanics.

Revelations was a step in the right direction towards returning to the series roots, but with these added, it can really bring the series back towards the horror side of things IMO.
---
Anxiously awaiting the next Mirror's Edge.
Waiting for the day Capcom makes a true Survival Horror Resident Evil game again.