Resident Evil: Revelations 2 possible leak and Evil Within footage

#11BlueSalvationPosted 7/14/2014 12:02:15 PM
I liked Revelations gameplay wise and atmosphere wise... but the excessive amount of flashback scenarios are very unattractive. I can't even consistently enjoy the infinite rocket launcher that I unlocked. IF this is true I hope some adjustments are made to that particular aspect.

About The Evil Within, I am avoiding all things about it since I have it reserved. I want as fresh of an experience as possible.
---
Claire: Thanks. I'll do that.
Steve: Hey. I was just kidding. There's no way he can get here, even if he is your brother.
#12sbn4Posted 7/14/2014 1:45:40 PM
Hell nah I love Mikami. Never made a bad game IMO and I believe Evil Within will be another masterpiece

Well, he made PN03. It had a limited budget and a really short development cycle, but the game bombed commercially and critically. But I at least liked the concept and the main character was totally hawt.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#13CPU-ZPosted 7/14/2014 5:56:31 PM
Thanks for the TEW footage. It expanded on what I saw from the PAX East expo (think that's what it was).
#14SSJ_Jin(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2014 5:04:24 AM
It actually reminded me of The Last of Us to be honest.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#15TheSkinniMini1Posted 7/15/2014 10:32:49 AM
sbn4 posted...
Hell nah I love Mikami. Never made a bad game IMO and I believe Evil Within will be another masterpiece

Well, he made PN03. It had a limited budget and a really short development cycle, but the game bombed commercially and critically. But I at least liked the concept and the main character was totally hawt.

That game has some much potential. If only it had gotten more care during production. Also RE4 should thank it for soundtrack reasons as some of its themes came from that game.
---
Why do I like video games? Easy. They're journeys that you decide to take on and explore.
#16Coryo61827Posted 7/15/2014 4:27:43 PM
I'm sure revelations 2 will be vastly improved from the first one. I don't think they expected the first one to do as well as it did, which is why it was originally only released for the 3DS. It wasn't until it actually sold a pretty decent amount for what it was that they decided to port it.

Now that they know a game like that can and will sell, they'll take the next one more seriously. Hopefully that doesn't mean they'll resident evil 6 it up though lol.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.14
#17CPU-ZPosted 7/15/2014 11:12:21 PM
Oh ****. Skinni's back. Awesome.
#18TheSkinniMini1Posted 7/16/2014 4:41:04 AM
CPU-Z posted...
Oh ****. Skinni's back. Awesome.

That's nice you to say but I never went anywhere buddy. I've been posting here in recent times, just not so many posts at one time like I normally do. That long Revelations-based post I wrote in that Chris Redfield thread acccounted for like 10 separate posts lol.
---
Why do I like video games? Easy. They're journeys that you decide to take on and explore.
#19ReceiverxWisdomPosted 7/16/2014 5:30:30 AM
Not sure how I feel about stealth in The Evil Within but I think it's going to make the game far too easy in some spots imo. I love stealth sections don't get me wrong however I don't feel "terrified" if I can just clear out a room of creatures in under 5 minutes with being undetected.

I miss that visceral feel of monsters chasing you down in survival horror games. I love the atmosphere though so they're nailing that part right as far as I can see.
---
R* Social Club ID: Ren_Operative
PSN: LatinChris_9990
#20SSJ_Jin(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2014 5:41:01 AM
ReceiverxWisdom posted...
Not sure how I feel about stealth in The Evil Within but I think it's going to make the game far too easy in some spots imo. I love stealth sections don't get me wrong however I don't feel "terrified" if I can just clear out a room of creatures in under 5 minutes with being undetected.

I miss that visceral feel of monsters chasing you down in survival horror games. I love the atmosphere though so they're nailing that part right as far as I can see.

Like I said, reminded me of The Last Of Us. So so far this game, from what I've seen, is like TLOU + RE4 with a Silent Hill flavor. lol
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/